Last Match You Went To? - Page 15 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Last Match You Went To?

I've always had a soft spot for teams that wear hoops :rolleyes: .

Most I've enjoyed a game I've been to since Scotland humped Northern Ireland in Dublin in February, and probably the best game I've seen since the Spain game at Hampden.

K5oCs44_P5M

Might have exagerrated the distance the boy scored the winner from but a fine strike nonetheless.

Great finish, not too sure what the keeper was thinking with the punch out though.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manchester United 1-2 Juventus

Gary Neville Testimonial

Meant to be a night to celebrate Gary Nevilles service for Man United. I seen it more as a night to admire Scholes, Giggs and, particularly, David Beckham, spray passes all over the pitch wonderfully. Shame s***e like Bebe and Obertan were the targets for the final hour of the match. Also great to see Del Piero playing as well, got a fantastic reception as well.

Cracking winning goal as well.

Barca vs Deportivo a few weeks ago.

Shame it was the Barca 2nd string on but it was good to see them lift the league trophy, plus the half time hot dogs were awesome.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

I watch FC Dallas once a month or so, last game I was at was the 2-0 win over Philadelphia Union in the middle of May.

Dallas are one of the better MLS teams and would be lower-half SPL, I'd say, although they have a couple of individual players who would be comfortably top half. The standard here generally just isn't that good, but crowds are decent. Atmosphere is "family friendly", with all that follows.

You can get beer at the ground but at $9 for a large can it's hard to get excited about it.

Last match I went to not involving Morton or Dallas was Real Madrid's 2-0 win over Hercules in March. No atmosphere, complete non-contest of a game, 50 euros to get in. The Bernabeu's a superb stadium for watching football but it was such a non-event that I spent much of the last 20 minutes playing games on my phone :P

EOho8Pw.png

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the West of Scotland Cup Final yesterday, again at Newlandsfield between Pollok and Arthurlie. Although with it technically being a neutral venue, Arthurlie were the home team. Nowhere near as good a game as the semi final, and Arthurlie won 1-0.

Couple of points worth noting from the game;

Iain Diack is about 6ft 1' standing up and about 5ft 7' when he jumps.

Tony McParland is now at Arthurlie. I'd have happily seen him get a contract last year after his trial.

Excellent crowd of 1541. Amazing what a derby, £6 in and no other games locally can do for crowds.

Pollok's number 5 Dobbins put in one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a centre half and was relentlessly taunted by the Arthurlie fans. Whilst it was funny I got to the stage of pitying him.

Overall disappointing game but JonaTon and midTONs came along and seemed to enjoy their first visit to Newlandsfield as I'd always said to them it was one of the better junior grounds. I supppose the big crowd and decent atmosphere helped back up my claims though.

Zvezda Irkutsk v Luch Energiya about 6 years ago was my last non Morton/Scotland related game.

2nd level of Russian football, played in front of about 1200 fans. Standard looked better than than Scottish First Division level - players were technically better and looked very fit. Remember thinking that there were a couple of players that would have been great for Morton.

• 1 month later...

Went to Dumbarton v St Mirren tonight, only a fiver to get in, so went there with my mate Mark and everybody's favourite follically challenged skunk Div.

Decent game, first half Saints should have been about half a dozen up, with Jim Goodwin seeming like Xavi in the middle of the park picking out the wingers with inch perfect passing for the whole 45 minutes.

This didn't continue in the second half, and Dumbarton really could have got back into it but Graeme Smith kept Saints in the game.

Finished 2-0 with goals from Gary Teale and Steven Thomson (the midfielder).

That defence is there for the taking on Saturday, if Peaso and Jackson are at their best.

My MOM - I'll share it between Jim Goodwin and David Barron, although I don't think Barron had to defend once in the first half!

Met a couple of Ton fans, Standman and ThornTon, who I have to reveal was wearing a Queen's Park away shirt! :o

Did you wear your black and white Queens Park scarf?

Why would I own a Queen's Park scarf, random moron, who appears to be obsessed with me, that I don't know?

Pretty fair assumption to make.

It's black and white, and I refuse to join in with any of their St Mirren-like songs (Black and White Army, oh when the Queen's) even when wasted!

I go see my home town and local SFL team (Pollok are nearest team) cos the season ticket was less than my train to Inverness for the County game. ;)

I stand by my assumptions that he is obsessed with me. Think that's five troll posts he's made after mine (all his comments relating to QP, regardless of what the thread was about) in the last month.

It's black and white, and I refuse to join in with any of their St Mirren-like songs (Black and White Army, oh when the Queen's) even when wasted!

I go see my home town and local SFL team (Pollok are nearest team) cos the season ticket was less than my train to Inverness for the County game. ;)

I stand by my assumptions that he is obsessed with me. Think that's five troll posts he's made after mine (all his comments relating to QP, regardless of what the thread was about) in the last month.

You went to see them at Montrose when Morton were a few miles down the road at Dens Park!!!!

Each to their own, but when you chose to regularly go and watch another team as opposed to the team you claim to support, you have to expect a bit of grief for it- I'm always tearing into Alibi about the other Queens' the same way Barb tears into you. If you were to go and watch Rangers or Celtic you'd get far worse than this.

I actually noticed a picture on your facebook of you wearing a Hearts shirt- how many teams do you actually support?

Why would I own a Queen's Park scarf, random moron, who appears to be obsessed with me, that I don't know?

QUOTE(JonaTon @ Apr 9 2011, 08:25 PM)

Met a couple of Ton fans, Standman and ThornTon, who I have to reveal was wearing a Queen's Park away shirt!

QUOTE(Rhubarb Mess @ Jul 13 2011, 01:40 AM)

Did you wear your black and white Queens Park scarf?

QUOTE(ThornTON @ Jul 13 2011, 12:38 PM)

Ho, ho, ho.

another fudbucket!! :D

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

You went to see them at Montrose when Morton were a few miles down the road at Dens Park!!!!

Each to their own, but when you chose to regularly go and watch another team as opposed to the team you claim to support, you have to expect a bit of grief for it- I'm always tearing into Alibi about the other Queens' the same way Barb tears into you. If you were to go and watch Rangers or Celtic you'd get far worse than this.

I actually noticed a picture on your facebook of you wearing a Hearts shirt- how many teams do you actually support?

Seems anyone but Morton.

Whats a sausage!

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

I collect football strips, have about 50. If I go to a random game I'll buy one if it's not ridiculously overpriced (same way you buy pin badges; that one was only a tenner when you bought a ticket to the Hearts Falkirk game, which I went to with my pal from Vilnius).

Morton are not my home team, nor the team I grew up supporting (Villa), I don't feel as strong a link to them as you obviously. If I've got to choose between spending quite a bit of money (for example the Ross County game, on August 6th, will cost me well over £100), I'll walk down past the Vic and go to Queen's games with my mates; where I'll spend £2 to get in and less than £2 per beer. Seems common sense if nothing else!

Barbarossa is just a troll though, he's not coming up with anything witty (mostly likely because he's a moron). Yours against Alibi seem to be light hearted, whereas his come across as bitter and pathetic. I'll admit, I don't know him from Adam (whoever the **** that guy is), but the man seems to have serious issues.

Archived