Personal Abuse Of Players - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Personal Abuse Of Players

HMS Willow

My point is that most fans seem to agree that teh coaching staff are the problem yet up until today they were individually picking on players and not the main culprits in some folks eyes.

Well, they are the stars of the firing line.

*insert signature here*

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My point is that most fans seem to agree that teh coaching staff are the problem yet up until today they were individually picking on players and not the main culprits in some folks eyes.

Nonsense. I'd argue the vast majority believe that there are more than one problems at Cappielow.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I don't see it as such provocation that the act of reacting can be deemed worthy of congratulation. I must have made this clear by now surely?

They can, they do, they will. It's basic human nature.

You did say that and I'd say it's relevant here too.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

You did say that and I'd say it's relevant here too.

Yes, but I didn't congratulate them for fighting. While I accept it is part of human nature it is not something to be applauded IMO. That was the entire jist of my input which you appear to have completely failed to grasp. :huh:

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Yes, but I didn't congratulate them for fighting. While I accept it is part of human nature it is not something to be applauded IMO. That was the entire jist of my input which you appear to have completely failed to grasp. :huh:

Was there a player fighting :unsure:

It was my understanding it was our own fans :unsure:

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

For the first time ever today,I was embarrassed to be a Morton fan,not only with fans fighting and argueing amongst themselves,twice the police had to step in, but the personal abuse shouted at the players was a disgrace.

Is it any wonder Ryan Harding headed right up the tunnel when he got subbed....if it was me there was no way I would have sat anywhere near the arseholes that were continually abusing him when he was about 20 yards away and able to hear everything that was directed at him.....ok he's not been playing well but he doesn't deliberately set out to play badly and constantly abusing him isn't gonna help.

Right now I don't think i'll be back at Cappielow for a couple of weeks....gonna go and watch my son play instead.

Mags.

Blessings....not just for the one's who kneel....luckily.

Are you being deliberately obtuse or is it involuntary? :rolleyes:

Aye, following on from Finlayson's outburst of "you're a disgrace by eh way" last week, he decided enough was enough and Cantonad everyc*** right in the nostrils.

For the first time ever today,I was embarrassed to be a Morton fan,not only with fans fighting and argueing amongst themselves,twice the police had to step in, but the personal abuse shouted at the players was a disgrace.

Is it any wonder Ryan Harding headed right up the tunnel when he got subbed....if it was me there was no way I would have sat anywhere near the arseholes that were continually abusing him when he was about 20 yards away and able to hear everything that was directed at him.....ok he's not been playing well but he doesn't deliberately set out to play badly and constantly abusing him isn't gonna help.

Right now I don't think i'll be back at Cappielow for a couple of weeks....gonna go and watch my son play instead.

Mags.

The abuse of Harding, at close quarters while the game was going on, was shameful.

The players and management get paid for turning up to play football. Their best just now is not cutting it and as fans who have paid £100's this year following them we have a right to speak out. But what went on today verbally abusing a guy for doing his job is well out of order. Even if the guy might not be to good at that job does not give Joe Public the right to abuse the guy.

How would that nugget have felt if someone came to his place of work and gave him pelters like that? He'd have reacted in the same manner as Harding did.

Im all for protest, but we can't single out individuals like that. There are other means of protest we can use in various forms without resorting to that.

It was lucky that the Polis at that game were overtime cops who wanted a job and finish or there would have been a couple facing a nights b&b and facing a guy with a funny wig in the morning.

Mags.

Exactly how I feel. We're a f***ing disgrace, both the fans who abuse players/fight with each other, and the players who are not pulling their weight for the team.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

Mags.

What a load of f***ing s***e.

For the second week in a row, we've spent alot of time and money watching these charlatan b*****ds rip us off by under-performing. I'm inclined to think that none of them, with the exception possibly of Harding are poor footballers. What they're serving up is crap, simple as that. The fans fighting amongst each other today is upsetting for all concerned, but to me shows that they care. It's all down to frustration at what's going on within the club.

I've been silent about my views on Irons' position, reason being that I don't want to be at the forefront of another TTG campaign, and that I like and respect the guy. Unfortunately though, it is now time for him, I won't say through no fault of his own cos he's made mistakes along the way, but in my eye, the majority of the blame should be placed squarely at the feet of the players who are all paid good money to reperesent Morton and are doing so in a shameful manner. There's nothing he can do from now on to redress the situation and he'll be the unfortunate victim of these b*****ds' actions.

God help his replacement. He's got a thankless task. But my first piece of advice to him would be to consult his predecessor as to who the trouble makers in that dressing room actually are. Irons of course doesn't owe the club that courtesy though. Good luck in your next position Davie, if you thought Gretna was the frying pan, you found the fire.

For the second week in a row, we've spent alot of time and money watching these charlatan b*****ds rip us off by under-performing. I'm inclined to think that none of them, with the exception possibly of Harding are poor footballers. What they're serving up is crap, simple as that. The fans fighting amongst each other today is upsetting for all concerned, but to me shows that they care. It's all down to frustration at what's going on within the club.

I've been silent about my views on Irons' position, reason being that I don't want to be at the forefront of another TTG campaign, and that I like and respect the guy. Unfortunately though, it is now time for him, I won't say through no fault of his own cos he's made mistakes along the way, but in my eye, the majority of the blame should be placed squarely at the feet of the players who are all paid good money to reperesent Morton and are doing so in a shameful manner. There's nothing he can do from now on to redress the situation and he'll be the unfortunate victim of these b*****ds' actions.

God help his replacement. He's got a thankless task. But my first piece of advice to him would be to consult his predecessor as to who the trouble makers in that dressing room actually are. Irons of course doesn't owe the club that courtesy though. Good luck in your next position Davie, if you thought Gretna was the frying pan, you found the fire.

Very reasonable comments.

*insert signature here*

It's not a load of f***ing s***e....it's my opinion and i'm entitled to it !

A lot of what happened today was down to too much alcohol....something i'm sure you would agree with. ;)

Mags.

Blessings....not just for the one's who kneel....luckily.

It's not a load of f***ing s***e....it's my opinion and i'm entitled to it !

A lot of what happened today was down to too much alcohol....something i'm sure you would agree with. ;)

Mags.

Or not enough.

I think it's very relevant. Totally out of order, some bellend doing his utmost to spoil the game for Harding when among other players he is having a nightmare. He was very prone to react under the cirumstances. What's irrelevant about that?

sounds like bullying to me

had he done it in the open street he would have got his head kicked in

harding has every right in my eyes to respond

who gives a toss about being a pro when you are in dingwall playing in the diddiest of all cups?

1 man should never be dominated by another in this fashion

Well done Ryan.. if it was me I would have responded a lot worse to that wee s***e bag

I agree with most of that - I think the players are the biggest culprits

however, this thread is about personal abuse of 1 player... which to most sane minded people is just not on.

Archived