Peter Weatherson - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Peter Weatherson

Benny Boy

The treatment of Weatherson on this messageboard is a total disgrace.

It's totally fair to criticise his poor performance yesterday but for guys like marc to come on here and post nothing more than "he's a c***" is bang out of order.

Yes, Weatherson was awful yesterday - but he was being asked to play at left back :blink: in yet another crazy tactical ploy by Irons.

Weatherson has been used in every position on the field (bar keeper) in his time with us - and has STILL managed to be our top scorer in each and every one of his 5 seasons with Morton.

He might have had a stinker yesterday but he was no worse than Harding, McManus or our midfielders who failed to pick up McLaughlin at both his goals.

Although Weatherson should not have mouthed off at the Ton fans went off, the sarcastic jeers/cheers when he was subbed were equally sad and pathetic.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's totally fair to criticise his poor performance yesterday but for guys like marc to come on here and post nothing more than "he's a c***" is bang out of order.

Yes, Weatherson was awful yesterday - but he was being asked to play at left back :blink: in yet another crazy tactical ploy by Irons.

Weatherson has been used in every position on the field (bar keeper) in his time with us - and has STILL managed to be our top scorer in each and every one of his 5 seasons with Morton.

He might have had a stinker yesterday but he was no worse than Harding, McManus or our midfielders who failed to pick up McLaughlin at both his goals.

Although Weatherson should not have mouthed off at the Ton fans went off, the sarcastic jeers/cheers when he was subbed were equally sad and pathetic.

Wholeheartedly agree with you Bennyboy. (and with Colkitto on another thread re Peter being made a scape goat)

The 'fans' are very quick to turn on yesterdays heroes as Scott McLaughlin stated on (Bebo was it ?) Scott gave those fans his answer (eloquantly) on the park yesterday. Well done Scott.

Honest criticism is fair play , but the personal abuse of players so often seen on this board, is indeed a disgrace.

PS No wonder Palaceman is bemused by the sh1t on here

Show Racism the Red Card

Once a player mouths off to the fans and can I just say not for the first time he has done it he has lost their support. As I have said on a previous post maybe Peter should now move on before Monday's transfer deadline, either on loan or permanently.

agree completely as i said on another thread these are the same people who sang his name when he was getting us out of the second division. He had an off day yesterday, he wasnt the only one yet he is being made the scapegoat, didnt we lose goals when he went off was that his fault to?

B)-->

QUOTE(big B @ Aug 31 2008, 11:08 AM) 504785[/snapback]
Once a player mouths off to the fans and can I just say not for the first time he has done it he has lost their support. As I have said on a previous post maybe Peter should now move on before Monday's transfer deadline, either on loan or permanently.

It's the old scenario Big B - the fans can abuse a player mercilessly for 90 minutes on the park but as soon as a player responds (as almost any human will eventually) they are bang out of order. To me - it's the same as the fans complaining to the cops if a player makes any sort of gesture while engaging the fans in 'banter' Fkn arceholes.

Show Racism the Red Card

Why dont folk say something on the other threads about these things rather than wait until someone starts a new thread mentioning it then all jump on the bandwagon

If Peter's problems solely related to yesterday's off day then you would have a point but they don't. I don't blame the guy for being a very poor defender, it is managements decision on where they choose to play him and they are largely to blame to exposing him in a position that he patently incapable of playing in. However I do blame him entirely for a total lack of professionalism which we've witnessed numerous times during his stay here. He does not care enough about his game or he wouldn't sacrifice his fitness for whatever pleasures he chooses to indulge in. For far too long he has been unfit, overweight and short of pace and that is all down to him. He probably has more ability than anyone playing in our front line but his self indulgence has ensured he can no longer play where he was most effective.

Moving from part time at Queens to full time has probably been the worst thing that could happen to him as it has merely provided him with more free time to live the 'lifestyle' of a footballer and rewarding him with an improved contract after a couple of lacklustre seasons must rank as one of the poorest management decisions I've seen in years.

The sooner he is moved on the better but I don't see much prospect of that given few clubs would be that keen to sign him and there is no incentive from him due to his current featherbeded contract.

B)-->
<!--quotec-->Once a player mouths off to the fans and can I just say not for the first time he has done it he has lost their support. As I have said on a previous post maybe Peter should now move on before Monday's transfer deadline, either on loan or permanently.

It's the old scenario Big B - the fans can abuse a player mercilessly for 90 minutes on the park but as soon as a player responds (as almost any human will eventually) they are bang out of order. To me - it's the same as the fans complaining to the cops if a player makes any sort of gesture while engaging the fans in 'banter' Fkn arceholes.

so if you work in a call centre for example and take abuse from customers on a daily basis its ok to shout and swear back at them?...

No.

You would be out of a job . Simple.

Why dont folk say something on the other threads about these things rather than wait until someone starts a new thread mentioning it then all jump on the bandwagon

I've expresed that opinion several times- but don't jump into every thread where Peter/ANother is given personal abuse. Was just endorsing Bennyboy's opinion.

Show Racism the Red Card

What is it about Morton fans and their booing of their own players?

I honestly don't see this behaviour from any other Team outwith the SPL.

Look no further thatn Airdrie's Mclaughlin in the papers today, saying he was jeered by Morton fans during yesterday's warm up but he didn't mind as he had the same treatment when he played for them.

OK. You pays your money and all that, but it doesn't really achieve much in the long term.

This is unique to Morton. The effect this has on players on a personal level must be nothing short of demoralising, and of course will have a knock on effect on their admiration for the Club in general.

so if you work in a call centre for example and take abuse from customers on a daily basis its ok to shout and swear back at them?...

No.

You would be out of a job . Simple.

If the punter in the call centre is abusive , can't the employee 'cut him off' ?

Peter doesn't have that facility. He gets involved in the emotion of the game and he (very) occasionally shouts back.

Show Racism the Red Card

If the punter in the call centre is abusive , can't the employee 'cut him off' ?

Peter doesn't have that facility. He gets involved in the emotion of the game and he (very) occasionally shouts back.

A professional would get himself fit, and let his feet do the talking rather than his mouth. But then, Peter is the complete opposite from a professional.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

B)-->

Perhpas once our ficle selves turn on players like Peter and start dishing out personal abuse then it is us who have lost his respect? And no wonder.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

If Peter's problems solely related to yesterday's off day then you would have a point but they don't. I don't blame the guy for being a very poor defender, it is managements decision on where they choose to play him and they are largely to blame to exposing him in a position that he patently incapable of playing in. However I do blame him entirely for a total lack of professionalism which we've witnessed numerous times during his stay here. He does not care enough about his game or he wouldn't sacrifice his fitness for whatever pleasures he chooses to indulge in. For far too long he has been unfit, overweight and short of pace and that is all down to him. He probably has more ability than anyone playing in our front line but his self indulgence has ensured he can no longer play where he was most effective.

Moving from part time at Queens to full time has probably been the worst thing that could happen to him as it has merely provided him with more free time to live the 'lifestyle' of a footballer and rewarding him with an improved contract after a couple of lacklustre seasons must rank as one of the poorest management decisions I've seen in years.

The sooner he is moved on the better but I don't see much prospect of that given few clubs would be that keen to sign him and there is no incentive from him due to his current featherbeded contract.

I agree TaunTon , good post .

Two wrongs don't make a right and Peter has done this before , however he has failed to rectify his fitness to the required standard .

Is he playing in that position because the manager has very little options due to injury . Weatherson hasn't the fitness or movement to play anywhere else at the moment and isin't an automatic choice when everyone is fit .

So this makes a mockery of the small quality squad that DDFR thinks can survive this league .

That's an outright lie, Derek Lilley was top scorer in 2005/06 by SEVEN.

Get yourself to f***.

Weatherson shold've been punted years ago. Anyone defending the c***'s obviously got a want about them.

GTF Peter, now!

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Good post. I agree.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I roughly agree with the sentiments of the original poster, Morton fans are a fickle bunch and we are constantly made to look stupid by comments such as McGlaughlin's in the paper today.

The original post would hold a lot more weight though if it came from someone other than Benny Boy who has labelled McGregor a donkey, diddy and a lightweight dud over the years.

Not to worry though.

Guest midTONs
I roughly agree with the sentiments of the original poster, Morton fans are a fickle bunch and we are constantly made to look stupid by comments such as McGlaughlin's in the paper today.

The original post would hold a lot more weight though if it came from someone other than Benny Boy who has labelled McGregor a donkey, diddy and a lightweight dud over the years.

Not to worry though.

Scott McLaughlin failed to mention in the paper that he made a personal verbal attack on a female Morton fan (whilst playing for the club) and slated the clubs fans on web page, instead he used the platform of the press to gloat.

Archived