Alex Williams Gone - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Alex Williams Gone

Davidoff

Guest strongbad

is he going back to stirling then???

I seem to remember when he scored against them for us he ran up to his old fans and kissed the ton badge in front of them.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he was contracted for the whole of the forthcoming season will he have received his wages in full for the full season ? If so that is good for him , he will be able to take his time to find a new club without worrying about finances ; although obviously as a pro he'll want to get soemthing sorted quickly.

I wouldnt be surprised if he has something sorted already , ala Andy McLaren's situation when he was tryign to get released from Dundee Utd.

If he was contracted for the whole of the forthcoming season will he have received his wages in full for the full season ? If so that is good for him , he will be able to take his time to find a new club without worrying about finances ; although obviously as a pro he'll want to get soemthing sorted quickly.

I wouldnt be surprised if he has something sorted already , ala Andy McLaren's situation when he was tryign to get released from Dundee Utd.

10081[/snapback]

Should have got all the Debts Dougie paid for him taken off whatever he was owed, and to be honest he did feck all for his wages in the last year anyway.

Should have got bugger all!! :lol:

This is all a very sad story. Alex was a genuine goal-machine when his confidence was high and I, for one, will remember him like that. Quotes like "he was mince" just annoy me. Were you saying that when his workrate and goals helped us win the 3rd division ??

Too many people deal in rumour - and I wouldn't doubt that he has had his problems - but we don't know the full story. I hope for his sake that he finds a new club and has enough sense to go on to have a successful career. I would imagine he needs some sorting out but here's hoping.

What we can comment on with fact is his on-field performances. Last season he lost his confidence - simple at that - there was certainly NEVER any lack of effort on the pitch when he pulled on the Morton jersey.

Good luck Alex.

If he does sign for Stirling, given that he's had no pre-season and is in terrible form, I really don't see him troubling us too much. His play is do one dimensional, harding will have him in his back pocket.

I've absolutely no sympathy for the guy whatsoever, he was given not one but numerous chances to sort himself out and most people would give their right arm to have even one of those chances & turn out in the hoops.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

I'm glad he's gone - too many fans had formed an attachment to Williams that was seemingly greater than that that they had for the club, and were willing to give him endless last chances at the expense of on-form players. Now at least we can move on.

He did hit great heights in his first six months as a Morton player, but let himself and the club and its fans down at key times after that period. I'd not wish anything hateful on him but I can't say I'll lose any sleep if he doesn't kick a ball again and has to go out and earn a wage like the rest of us.

And on and off the park Williams has been a liability for eighteen months - I'd be very surprised if he came back to haunt us, especially in the immediate future.

All the best to the wee man- Some of the abuse hes getting on this post is shocking but people have their opinion i suppose! Short memories indeed, some people think our team is made up of angels, can assure you, that is def not the case.The personal abuse is uncalled for! Anyway, good luck to him, hope he finds himself a club, sure he will!

The one person I do feel for is Dougie Rae.He took a chance on Williams and paid big money for him on wages and transfer fee.Williams never repaid the trust shown to him.So save your sympathies please

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Guest strongbad

that guy who writes that stuff is a joke.

biggest walkover he has ever seen indeed

no wonder we get accused of misplaced arrogance when he is writing tripe in the national (albiet gutter) press

good luck alex, hope you screw the nut and start playin again

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I totally agree, but it doesn't warrant the personal abuse here.

9875[/snapback]

Donga, where is the "personal abuse" I haven't seen any name calling aimed at Alex, merely people expressing an opinion on Alex's contribution to Morton which leads them to form opinions on his character. Not really abuse now is it.

People seem to be a touch hypersensitive when they say folk are giving out "personal abuse". It seems that we are not allowed to openly criticise anyone who has worn the blue & white hoops without it being termed "personal abuse".

Look at the facts - the guy breached club discipline on several occasions that included not turning up for work. The guy scored something like two or three goals in one season as a porfessional footballer playing as a striker. It was acknowledged by the board at the AGM that Alex was one of the main reasons behind our spectacular collapse a season ago. These are facts and there is no denying them.

From these facts it can be sensibly derived that Alex has not performed to the best of his abilities for some time (he's rotten), has a distinct lack of professionalism (he's been up to no good), is unaware as to how to conduct himself in the workplace and has been given numerous chances by his employers to turn a new leaf (a waster or a chancer take your pick).

How is this and other statements like it "personal abuse"? If soemeone was to call him a w@nk$% without actually having any proof that he committed such an act or calling him a b@st@rd without knowing his parental background or simply called him a big eared tw@t then yes I would agree that it was "personal abuse" and uncalled for.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

Archived