Alex Williams Gone - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Alex Williams Gone

Davidoff

Would just like to say Good Luck Alex! Yes am sure you know where it went wrong and have many regrets, but you were a class act and if you can believe in yourself you will once again be banging in the goals wherever you play. Will never forget how happy you made my son a few years ago when he was the mascot and I know meeting you will always be one of his favourite childhood memories!

All the best Kid!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would just like to say Good Luck Alex!  Yes am sure you know where it went wrong and have many regrets, but you were a class act and if you can believe in yourself you will once again be banging in the goals wherever you play.  Will never forget how happy you made my son a few years ago when he was the mascot and I know meeting you will always be one of his favourite childhood memories!

All the best Kid!

10704[/snapback]

Scotia, your post sums up JUST how sad this situation actually is.

1)Maybe Alex doesn't "know where it went wrong". If he did, surely he would have made an effort to right that wrong.

2)He WAS a class act, but, self belief wasn't or isn't his problem. Alex knows that he can play, just like most of us know. His problem is that he has a very immature attitude to life and, in particular, his football career. Alex, seems to think that ALL he had to do was play football and score goals. He doesn't grasp the fact that he has to work at the game.

3) This is the saddest of all. "Will never forget how happy you made my son a few years ago when he was the mascot and I know meeting you will always be one of his favourite childhood memories!

MANY young Morton fans will have the same feelings, what good is that now? They had a hero! All they have now is a player who scored goals for fun then, disappeared!

Alex has a habit of letting people down. He let the Stirling and their fans down by signing for us (after they had stuck by him after a certain incident). He then rubbed their noses in it by "kissing the badge" when he scored against them. He has let down Mr Rae, several managers, the Morton support and (worse of all), HIMSELF!

I like Alex, both as the player I want to remember and as a person, but I'm also glad that he has left the club. He will NOT come back to haunt us. I very much doubt he will play at this level again.

Good Luck Alex, I hope you find SOMETHING.

What do you suggest? Never releasing or selling a player again in case they toe-poke one past us at an indeterminate point in the future?

You heard the man, Dougie. Get the chequebook out for Millen, Carlin, McDonald and, above all, Anton Smith,

10640[/snapback]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

Anton Smith comes back to haunt me all the time. In my nightmares. :)

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

Archived