Mcinally Must Go And Now ! - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mcinally Must Go And Now !

HMS Willow

Agreed,but you have still be more consistant than every other team (other than Gretna) and are still 7 points ahead of Thistle and 12 against Peterhead with eaiser games coming up!I still can't see past you finishing second! :unsure:

I fully understand from an objective outside view being this unhappy with the manager seems absurd. I didn't expect to beat Gretna in this league, their resources are too strong for every other team in this league, they were always going to win it. Therefore we should be happy with second, and any other year this would've taken us up. And from looking at the table we look quite comfortable in 2nd.

However, before today we had 4 draws in 5 games, these draws were only achieved by going with 4 or 5 forwards on the pitch late on. Then today we suffer a 3-1 defeat. For a manager to get the starting line-up wrong so often gives the impression he doesn't know his team very well, or at least he certainly doesn't know what to do with them!

We are one of the few full-time teams in this league and the least that would be expected from this is a bit of organisation, which has been lacking. That's unacceptable in my book.

In todays game we started with ONE player who's natural position is in defence. McInally has messed up big time by not strengthening in January, it was very clear we were short at the back, yet he did nothing. The inexperience shown by the manager (and most of the young players he has brought in) is disheartening to say the least.

I'm not calling for his head now, he should be given until the end of the season, and if we are not promoted he should walk. Not just because of this season but also because we really should've been promoted last season, but like at the moment we drew far too many games.

And right now I must admit I don't fancy our chances of promotion...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usual over reaction.

I know we have been terrible over the last 4-5 games and some of the blame has to go to the manager but it is the players that go on the park not McInally and the players need to prove themselves and over the past few weeks they have not done that.

That's true but this is McInally's team, he's the one who assembled it.

And over this whole season he should be judged on it.

AS I have mentioned earlier, this is not just about getting beat today we have been poor for more than a few games.

I believe most of our problems stem from the midfield area. I metioned to McInally before the season started that a old head midfielder should be his first priority he said the midfield was fine.

Not getting the right players for midfield cost Cowboy his job as far as I'm concerned. McInally by his inactivity in the transfer window could end up with the same fate.

We are heading for the playoff's (hopefully) with a very inexperienced team. Perhaps their bottle has gone already !

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

You can only judge the bottle of the players in games that matter, as far as i'm concerned the games leading up to the playoffs don't.

So does that mean EVERY game we've played this season doesn't matter, after all they've all been leading up to the play-offs ??

Thank God for that I thot we had bottled it against Gretna / Peterhead / Thistle ...

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

Last season McInally took over and stamped his authority on the team with improved performances and consistancy.

So what the hell happened in the close seaon ????

We signed quality Premier League players and personally I thought we'd coast 2nd place and be challenging Gretna for the title.

So we get through August / Sept looking reasonably good.

October comes, 3 vital games, and we start tinkering with the team and style of play.

HIGH BALL - Works all the time !!!

The whole month of October we did it, not just one game.

Nov sees improvement after intro of the zonal system.

Dec - Yip we're getting there.

Jan against Gretna we're still reasonable and getting there.

After that game we play an unfit keeper, and he's still unfit, we play the HIGH ball again and as if that wasn't enough we play most of the players out of position.

During the games we even change formation umpteen times just to complete the FARCE.

So 3k fans can see the problems week in / week out so why can't McInally and Clarke.

All week the team train together yet on a Saturday you'd think they'd never seen each other.

What the feck is going on ??!!!!

Keep this up till April and we'll be lucky to make the play-offs.

And before all the wee ' This is an over reaction' mob shoot me down all guns blazing. Take a reality check, I'm only stating facts.

:angry:

I am assuming this post was made in the heat of the moment we are going through a bad spell just now but are still picking up points ok games we should be winning.

We still have a lead over Partick if this lead dissappears then thats when you panic even though it still means the same with regards to a playoff place.

Think the reason there is so much anger towards our position this season is down to the playoffs.

Had we been in this position last year we would be happy as we would be up as runners up.

This year I think people are worried about the playoff as a whole season can be undone in a few games.

user posted image

That's true but this is McInally's team, he's the one who assembled it.

And over this whole season he should be judged on it.

Agree with your point also, still cant see why McInally never thought we did not have to buy in the window??

TEMPLEMAN, TEMPLEMAN, TEMPLEMAN....

We havent bottled it against Gretna, infact we've shown grit and spirit against them, theyre better than us. With Partick we've beat them at home, drew with them away and lost away and we've still to play them again at home, that looks okay to me. I don't see any bottling there, we won our home game and got a draw at their place and theres every chance we'll beat them again at home. And Peterhead, well we havent done as well as we could have, to claim this is down to bottle just doesnt add up to me. The only games that matter are the playoff games, if we screw up there then by all means questions will be asked of Jim's credentials but for now i don't understand the moaning. Replacing McInally would be ludicrous.

I want a pretentious signature too.

We havent bottled it against Gretna, infact we've shown grit and spirit against them, theyre better than us. With Partick we've beat them at home, drew with them away and lost away and we've still to play them again at home, that looks okay to me. I don't see any bottling there, we won our home game and got a draw at their place and theres every chance we'll beat them again at home. And Peterhead, well we havent done as well as we could have, to claim this is down to bottle just doesnt add up to me. The only games that matter are the playoff games, if we screw up there then by all means questions will be asked of Jim's credentials but for now i don't understand the moaning. Replacing McInally would be ludicrous.

Our record aginst the top half of the league:

Played 12

Won 3

Drew 3

Lost 6

Goals For 12

Goals Against 18

Our record against the bottom half:

Played 14

Won 12

Drew 2

Lost 0

Goals For 31

Goals Against 7

jim was the wrong choice - end of

if by some miracle we go up id rather have someone with experience at the helm or we'll be struglin in the first

get us alex smith or someone of that ilk or we will remain 2 b the best supported but s***est team in the sfl

u got it wrong dougie :(

jim was the wrong choice - end of

u got it wrong dougie :(

I can fully understand why Dougie went for McInally. There was a lack of an obvious target at the time. Most of the experienced manager who were available weren't exactly mouth wattering prospects. So Dougie took a risk on an unexperienced manager (we all need to start somewhere) who had an impressive vision for the team. It has worked to a large extent with Coleman at Fulham, Mowbray at Hibs etc, it seemed a decent risk to take.

I just don't think it's going to prove a risk worth taking in the end. I hope McInally can change my mind but hopes are fading.

wow! you mean we get better results against teams that are lower down the table. man that's interesting. It couldnt possibly be because the teams in the bottom half of the league are worse than the teams in the top half? Have you missed the fact that we are sitting 2nd in the table? The only teams that have whupped us consistently are stirling and Chelsea

I want a pretentious signature too.

Our record aginst the top half of the league:

Played 12

Won 3

Drew 3

Lost 6

Goals For 12

Goals Against 18

Our record against the bottom half:

Played 14

Won 12

Drew 2

Lost 0

Goals For 31

Goals Against 7

I am in favour of McInally but those statistics are pretty poor.

TEMPLEMAN, TEMPLEMAN, TEMPLEMAN....

wow! you mean we get better results against teams that are lower down the table. man that's interesting. It couldnt possibly be because the teams in the bottom half of the league are worse than the teams in the top half? Have you missed the fact that we are sitting 2nd in the table? The only teams that have whupped us consistently are stirling and Chelsea

I was just putting forward the statistics, think of them what you will. :rolleyes:

Archived