Mcinally Must Go And Now ! - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mcinally Must Go And Now !

HMS Willow

Guest midTONs

Without reading through this thread,I find it a bit weird that any Morton fan would want your manager sacked.Gretna have basically bought the title this year and Morton are sitting "top" of the normal teams!Fair enough you should be a bit peeved that your team got beat today (despite us being the in-form team), but Partick got beat and you are still twelev points above Stirling having played two more games!!

MIFTHEBINO, I suppose I'm peeved off every time my team gets beat in this league but I want to make it clear, I'm taking nothing away from Stirling today, they wanted to win more than we did and they showed it and they deserved they're victory, I tipped Stirling for the play offs a while ago and I do hope you make it, I obviously want Morton to go up but I wish Stirling all the best because at least they play football against us and I suppose all the lads I've met in the Albion over the last 2 seasons have been gents.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh fcuk here we go again another lets get rid of the manager when we are a bawhair away from the playoffs a dressing room revolt by 2 players shock horror,didn't know this happened in football thought it wis only in wimins knitting bs.wtf are you getting your knickers in a twist for ffs give the guy a fcukin break.if the team on the park can't do it for him then nobody can.he had to disipline his star man because he throws fcukin tantrums at refs,so risks bringing the team down to 10 men.ok we haven't been playing well lately but wev'e still held onto second spot with ease.todays result doesn't change anything either.McInally's worked a minor miracle with us this season,this time last year our defence was a shambles.if we fail to go up the finger pointing should be done on the park as well as off it.willowman stop stirring the s***e and get behind the team so we can get out of this diddy league.funny how the same dragons rear their ugly heads at this time of the season.now fcuk off to the p&b with you.

That's a bit rich coming from you!

You never gave big Temps a minutes peace.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Cheers mate.

Willow-I really didn't think you were all that bad! There just seemed to lack a final product.I have seen Morton four times now this season and the first game you tore us to peices,whilst the cup game was closer,but you still did enough to win.I still think Morton are the best team I have seen in this division(we have only played Gretna once and they didn't impress me!) and are certainly better than Thistle.If anyone is going to be sucked back into the 4th place play off spot,then it's them.

Now at the start of the season,surely most Morton fans would have been happy with second and a very good chance of going up?Gretna can go and sign something like a whole new team in the transfer window were teams like ourselves and Morton struggle!Any other season you would have been winning this league.

For me,I just hope we can get 4th!We are the in form team,but we have 6 games in the space of 19 days coming up and for a very small part time squad,thats bad!Also, we have to play Gretna twice in that time!If we get 10 points from the next five games,then you can start thinking the Binos will be serious contenders for that play off spot!

Like midTONs, my predictions for the start of the season were that Gretna would win the league by March, Morton would come second, Thistle third with the Albion dark horses for runner up spot.

Sadly, i'm being proved 100% correct.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

You are joking!! It seems any Morton Manager who does not win every game will be sacked if you get your way.

If Gretna where not in Divison 2 we would be delighted with our overall results & league position. Sure we have underperformed at times but not getting that 3rd goal against Gretna seemed to damage the team's confidence; tell me you were not reasonably happy up until that 2 -2 game with Gretna at Cappielow. They came so close to blowing the title race wide open but just failed to get the 3rd goal so the heads are a bit down, what do you expect?

Today was absolutely p..h poor but, as I said, we have not become a bad team, and McInally is not a bad manager, we have just lost our way a bit.

Let's all take a reality check and accept that Gretna and the Play Offs have create a 'surreal' 2nd Division which has affected both us and Partick Thistle. The Team really need our support until the end of the season or they have no chance in a play off (although some of you seem to want us to fail so you can have a moan and change the Manager).

I remember a certain game at Albion Rovers when 'Fat Yardley' scored the winner and we were all convinced our season was over. Have faith!

You are joking!! It seems any Morton Manager who does not win every game will be sacked if you get your way.

If Gretna where not in Divison 2 we would be delighted with our overall results & league position. Sure we have underperformed at times but not getting that 3rd goal against Gretna seemed to damage the team's confidence; tell me you were not reasonably happy up until that 2 -2 game with Gretna at Cappielow. They came so close to blowing the title race wide open but just failed to get the 3rd goal so the heads are a bit down, what do you expect?

Today was absolutely p..h poor but, as I said, we have not become a bad team, and McInally is not a bad manager, we have just lost our way a bit.

Let's all take a reality check and accept that Gretna and the Play Offs have create a 'surreal' 2nd Division which has affected both us and Partick Thistle. The Team really need our support until the end of the season or they have no chance in a play off (although some of you seem to want us to fail so you can have a moan and change the Manager).

I remember a certain game at Albion Rovers when 'Fat Yardley' scored the winner and we were all convinced our season was over. Have faith!

You can sugar coat it all you like mate, however the facts are the warning signs are there and McInally looks to be recreating Cowboy's mistakes.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

No sugar coating just trying to be positive. I was as unhappy as anyone else today but as usual we are overeacting. You mention Cowboys mistakes, what about the fans mistakes? Sack the Manager; Dressing room unrest; what next a betting scandal??

All I am saying is support the Team and the Manager and we have a chance in the play offs. Don't and we are f...ed!!

Cheers mate.

Willow-I really didn't think you were all that bad! There just seemed to lack a final product.I have seen Morton four times now this season and the first game you tore us to peices,whilst the cup game was closer,but you still did enough to win.I still think Morton are the best team I have seen in this division(we have only played Gretna once and they didn't impress me!) and are certainly better than Thistle.If anyone is going to be sucked back into the 4th place play off spot,then it's them.

Now at the start of the season,surely most Morton fans would have been happy with second and a very good chance of going up?Gretna can go and sign something like a whole new team in the transfer window were teams like ourselves and Morton struggle!Any other season you would have been winning this league.

The real problem is that McInally seems to have no idea what his best team is and the team have made no progress during the season. You can understand our real worries about the play-offs when you consider our record against Thistle, Peterhead and Stirling is 3 wins 2 draws and 4 losses, put that together with our 2 defeats and draw against Gretna and your left with a side who has no problems against lesser side but really struggles against a good team.

Without the goals that come from Lilley, Weatherson and McLaren we are a mid table side IMO, when they are off form we are off form. The rest of the team are fairly average 2nd division players.

The team has looked disorganised recently and this is unacceptable for a team in our position. I haven't been impressed by the way we've played all season, we've had some good performances surrounded by many bad ones. We are very lucky to be in the position we're in right now

You can understand our real worries about the play-offs when you consider our record against Thistle, Peterhead and Stirling is 3 wins 2 draws and 4 losses, put that together with our 2 defeats and draw against Gretna and your left with a side who has no problems against lesser side but really struggles against a good team.

Agreed,but you have still be more consistant than every other team (other than Gretna) and are still 7 points ahead of Thistle and 12 against Peterhead with eaiser games coming up!I still can't see past you finishing second! :unsure:

Usual over reaction.

I know we have been terrible over the last 4-5 games and some of the blame has to go to the manager but it is the players that go on the park not McInally and the players need to prove themselves and over the past few weeks they have not done that.

TEMPLEMAN, TEMPLEMAN, TEMPLEMAN....

We are in the best position we could realistically have hoped to be in at the start of the season. Talk of getting rid of McInally are just ridiculous, plus bringing up rumours of dressing room unrest is very silly in my opinion.

Rumours are made up - This is a fact !!!

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

Willowman, does this some up how you feel

Hurt

:rolleyes:

And some of Motherwell

And other teams as well

Am i the only one who thinks that McInally experimenting is a good thing? we will be in the playoffs, so he has the luxury now of trying new systems, formations and players in different roles. I dont give a toss if we end up in 4th aslong as we are playing first division football next season.

Willowman regardless of rumour or fact, i just believe putting something like that in the public domain can only have a negative effect.

I want a pretentious signature too.

In fact the more I think about it this one is more YOU :P

You're a mind reader !!

The version in The Willow by The Eagles is much better.

And some of Motherwell

And other teams as well

Archived