Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick (13th January) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick (13th January)

Angle's not great on the stream to judge these things but it did look offside to me, our disallowed goal.

Our high press is rattling them but we'd want a goal sooner rather than later, can't see us keeping this pace up for 90 minutes.

Watching Power skin Graham then shrug off the latter's shirt pull was pleasing.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

That's been coming. Great work from Crawford to win the corner in the first place and he follows up by being in the right place at the right time to bundle it in.

Just need a red card for Graham or "Bannigan" then a bunch of lightning strikes in the WDE to cap off a perfect afternoon.

EOho8Pw.png

1 minute ago, TRVMP said:

Just need a red card for Graham or "Bannigan" then a bunch of lightning strikes in the WDE to cap off a perfect afternoon.

Plus a hat-trick each from the Terrific Two.

1 minute ago, SassenachTon said:

Plus a hat-trick each from the Terrific Two.

Blues and Oakley were both raging there that they didn't get the pass when we forced another corner. You love to see it. Everyone absolutely frothing to twist the knife into the luvvies.

• Like 1

EOho8Pw.png

That's as solid a first half as you'll see at our level. They barely had a sniff and it's not because we were sitting back. They look shellshocked, frankly.

Power's been very good in bursts but he's starting to tire already. But the good news is we have Gillespie on the bench so there's options.

EOho8Pw.png

46 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

I genuinely think only Hugh Scott has a worse legacy at this club than Warren Hawke. This is a shambles entirely of his making.

Dave Timmins is history's greatest monster.

EOho8Pw.png

Brian Graham is the only player I've ever seen man mark the ref. Moaning greeting face prick

Brian Graham is the only player I've ever seen man mark the ref. Moaning greeting face prick

Missed the first 15 minutes due to Warren Hawke's tremendous legacy of those fucking turnstiles, but of what I've seen we've been excellent. In total control of the game and the only criticism is not taking enough of our chances. With those attacking options you know Partick are going to open us up at some point so we really need to kill this off before they inevitably have a spell of pressure.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

4 minutes ago, Cat10 said:

You can say that again.

9 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Not convinced by Wilson off, particularly with Power and French both on bookings.

Yep, we're being sliced open down the flanks now and lacking the energy to counter it. Like our goal in the first half, theirs has been coming in the second.

It's far from over yet but this is now worrying.

EOho8Pw.png

I have to say the ref has made a couple of weird decisions but in terms of controlling a bad-tempered game he's done an excellent job. After being hacked down there Jai was furious but the ref intervened immediately and got the Partick tosser away from the situation.

Not sure what the additional two bookings were about (one for Strapp?) though.

EOho8Pw.png

Attendance 3,568. Hospitality MOTM was Crawford, unsurprisingly.

Feels like two points dropped but in the second half it could have gone either way, really.

EOho8Pw.png