Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Arbroath (26th February) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Arbroath (26th February)

Admin

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of knicker-wetting here. Yes, we're second best, but it's 0-0 and like it or not with a small squad and a largely-settled XI there are going to be times of lower energy. Agreed that there's plenty of scope for improvement but we're still largely restricting them to half-chances (that one free header aside) while competing alright up top. There definitely does need to be a change in midfield, no argument there, but with 45 minutes to go there's plenty of time to do it.

EOho8Pw.png

6 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

He's not wrong!

He quite clearly is - both of our games against Arbroath alone this season were worse.

We started okay but have fallen out of it in midfield. Oliver is not doing enough to justify the loss of a body in the middle of the park and to cover runs from their right back. The long balls to Ugwu aren't sticking and the pressing isn't there as much either.

Hamilton hasn't had a lot to do but we need to adjust things - I'd bring Lyon on and remove one of Oliver or Ugwu. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

With no substitutions yet we're the better side in this half. I agree totally we're riding our luck and it'll take one good Arbroath move to carve us open down the middle, but the same is true out wide for them. Keep the faith. Lyon, the new Sergi Busquets, will be on shortly.

EOho8Pw.png

Happy enough with that. Overcame a difficult start to play better than the league leaders in the second half. We're not the finished article by any means, of course, but it's another point on the board.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived