Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity


Jamie_M
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Neither do you if that cheese line was meant to be a joke. 

Agree, he gouda done better.

  • Upvote 1
 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 


onsP5NR.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Looks like we've got new Admiral training tops too. 

I sent an email asking about the possibility of a release of the 1874 training jumpers players have been wearing since returning but didn’t get a reply. Think they’d have sold well 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Renfrew said:

I sent an email asking about the possibility of a release of the 1874 training jumpers players have been wearing since returning but didn’t get a reply. Think they’d have sold well 

You don't need one of those jumpers, just wear a long sleeved top underneath this and you'll be sorted

image.png

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

So, is the new Admiral training gear going to be available for the public to buy in Smiths? Or are they going to continue selling training gear that the club are no longer using? 

Seems an appropriate point to mention that the home kit from the last two seasons is currently selling at £29.99.

Twenty nine pounds and ninety nine pence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, irnbru said:

That that club don't know what they sell and are saying it from an official account? Of course it matters. 

It's not really about not knowing what we currently sell. Brand new teamwear just received given it's first showing, not (currently) available to buy.

To the questions about whether they will be made available, the social media person has responded to say they have picked up the question and will forward it for an answer.

Seems pretty standard to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

It's not really about not knowing what we currently sell. Brand new teamwear just received given it's first showing, not (currently) available to buy.

To the questions about whether they will be made available, the social media person has responded to say they have picked up the question and will forward it for an answer.

Seems pretty standard to me.

It's fine if it's a social media person or account that regularly interacts with fans but not the official account that's generally used for announcements. It's just not professional (neither is having all the different manufacturers for that matter). 

The main problem with the who thing though is that, when money is so tight, then publicity shots should be linked to marketing stuff fans can actually buy (for example the new kit or season tickets). They really need to get some sort of joined up approach to between PR and marketing as it could have an impact on revenue. 

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, irnbru said:

It's just not professional

Don't even think junior teams have three different manufacturers associated with them for a kit, and multiple training kits (including the Joma gear we can still buy on Smiths). It's amateurish, it's Morton.

Edited by EdinTon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As Alan mentions above, this points to the massive disconnect between our commercial and communications departments. It's a complete lack of a cohesive plan to maximise income - which should be the top priority for a club insisting on running a break even budget. The lack of overall strategy, leadership and cohesiveness is frightening, but unfortunately it's very Morton. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 


Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, irnbru said:

It's fine if it's a social media person or account that regularly interacts with fans but not the official account that's generally used for announcements. It's just not professional (neither is having all the different manufacturers for that matter). 

The main problem with the who thing though is that, when money is so tight, then publicity shots should be linked to marketing stuff fans can actually buy (for example the new kit or season tickets). They really need to get some sort of joined up approach to between PR and marketing as it could have an impact on revenue. 

Agree the multi manufacturer, the lack of commercial acumen and strategy are all completely unacceptable and have been issues for years and should be addressed.

Still didn't have an issue with the response.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...