Improving Football In Scotland - Targeting Demographics - Page 5 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Improving Football In Scotland - Targeting Demographics

Clydeview

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only follow rugby as my son decided to start playing it a few years ago... and happened to pretty good at it. Not much interest in the game beyond that, Scotland games worth a watch these days, but definitely prefer football.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

I only follow rugby as my son decided to start playing it a few years ago... and happened to pretty good at it. Not much interest in the game beyond that, Scotland games worth a watch these days, but definitely prefer football.

Here we have the consequences of refusing to take your kids to see Morton because some opposition fans might sing some nasty songs.

Rugby, ffs. No wonder your weans hate you.

Not the 'nasty songs' that have put him off this season! Turning up twice (earlier than usual) and not getting in until 10 past 3, did that job.... not been bothered going back since.

Quite a few of his group of boys effectively chucked it this season over turnstile shambles... used to be 7/8 going to games, now 2/3.  All following English Premiership... more future Morton supporters lost I fear.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Not the 'nasty songs' that have put him off this season! Turning up twice (earlier than usual) and not getting in until 10 past 3, did that job.... not been bothered going back since.

Quite a few of his group of boys effectively chucked it this season over turnstile shambles... used to be 7/8 going to games, now 2/3.  All following English Premiership... more future Morton supporters lost I fear.

I blame the parenting.

I blame the parenting.

Any parent that puts their offspring in an environment where there is potential for serious harm is most certainly to blame. Clydeview (I know many will not accept anything he says) does have a point though that the 'management' this season including the turnstiles debacle does appear to have alienated fans. As a club, we cannot afford to drive away any fans - how shameful is it if youngsters are choosing the Wanderers over Morton?

Maybe you, Clydeview and Ed could get a private box at the Wanderers - make it a forum day out - I can check my diary

Won’t catch me at an RFU game with its pointless scrums and line outs. I was a Rugby League fan back in the day when it was fat blokes who relished a punch up. Now that is just overtrained muscle bound numpties using protein supplements and the occasional steroid and not much fun to watch if you are a neutral.

Folllowing most of these sports are tribal anyway, why else would you still be loyal to Morton in their current mess, certainly not for the aesthetic pleasure of watching the current dross.

Any parent that puts their offspring in an environment where there is potential for serious harm is most certainly to blame. Clydeview (I know many will not accept anything he says) does have a point though that the 'management' this season including the turnstiles debacle does appear to have alienated fans. As a club, we cannot afford to drive away any fans - how shameful is it if youngsters are choosing the Wanderers over Morton?

They're not though. Their absolute penis of a father is making a scene on their behalf.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Should I bother responding to VT... have a few spare minutes so why not.

Fact 1, middle-class background more likely to be physically fitter by genetics (live longer/eat better etc.) - helps greater success in sport. Numerous studies support this... have a look.

Erm no, that isn't a fact; the technical term for what you have stated is 'complete and utter bollocks'. Genetics and 'eating healthier' are entirely unrelated factors: munching down a salad a day does not change your gene structure to produce healthier offspring in the next generation; genes do not cause unhealthy lifestyle choices. So 'genetics' have no impact whatsoever on the physical fitness of a given generation of Scots, a largely homogeneous group in any case. In the same way that you being an absolute penis does not make 'being an absolute penis' a genetically inherited trait in your gormless bloodline. You simply don't understand how genetics and heredity work. Which is why you moved on to citing outcomes quite clearly caused by lifestyle and physical preparation, oblivious to the fact that this holed your initial argument beneath the waterline.

It's a shame that you didn't inherit genes for intelligence - and that swilling Peroni in the Wanderers' club doesn't develop it either - otherwise you wouldn't have made such a complete and utter cunt of yourself. Thanks for playing anyway, chump.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Erm no, that isn't a fact; the technical term for what you have stated is 'complete and utter bollocks'. Genetics and 'eating healthier' are entirely unrelated factors: munching down a salad a day does not change your gene structure to produce healthier offspring in the next generation; genes do not cause unhealthy lifestyle choices. So 'genetics' have no impact whatsoever on the physical fitness of a given generation of Scots, a largely homogeneous group in any case. In the same way that you being an absolute penis does not make 'being an absolute penis' a genetically inherited trait in your gormless bloodline. You simply don't understand how genetics and heredity work. Which is why you moved on to citing outcomes quite clearly caused by lifestyle and physical preparation, oblivious to the fact that this holed your initial argument beneath the waterline.

It's a shame that you didn't inherit genes for intelligence - and that swilling Peroni in the Wanderers' club doesn't develop it either - otherwise you wouldn't have made such a complete and utter **** of yourself. Thanks for playing anyway, chump.

:) The classic keyboard warrior... having seen you, have nothing more to say other than you are sad. You would never dream of saying anything like that to me in person... quite amusing.

Still, at least you're taking the complete destruction of your argument well.

Reckon we're at most a week from tear-stained resignation meltdown no. 2 on your copybook.

Sad!

:) The classic keyboard warrior... having seen you, have nothing more to say other than you are sad. You would never dream of saying anything like that to me in person... quite amusing.

But rich of you to label someone a keyboard warrior after you shat the bed and blocked a steward’s bird on Facebook when she had the temerity to pull you up for slating her man for the heinous crime of having a swagger, you utter bellend.

Still, at least you're taking the complete destruction of your argument well.

Reckon we're at most a week from tear-stained resignation meltdown no. 2 on your copybook.

Sad!

No, you're talking rubbish and being deliberately contrary as usual, since that's your main entertainment in life.... I think I twigged that a couple of years ago.

Your low levels are disappointing though... thought you were slightly better than that.

But rich of you to label someone a keyboard warrior after you shat the bed and blocked a steward’s bird on Facebook when she had the temerity to pull you up for slating her man for the heinous crime of having a swagger, you utter bellend.

Some folk aren't worth talking to... on that subject, I really should stop responding to folk I've had on block on here for years.

No, you're talking rubbish and being deliberately contrary as usual, since that's your main entertainment in life.... I think I twigged that a couple of years ago.

Your low levels are disappointing though... thought you were slightly better than that.

I'm not talking rubbish in stating that you're too thick to understand genetics - the evidence for that speaks for itself - and I'm not talking rubbish in stating that you have tear-stained resignation meltdowns on this forum. You've just been owned yet again; get back in your box.

I'm not talking rubbish in stating that you're too thick to understand genetics - the evidence for that speaks for itself - and I'm not talking rubbish in stating that you have tear-stained resignation meltdowns on this forum. You've just been owned yet again; get back in your box.

Think my degree and professional qualifications probably leave you in the shade...  :bag:

Think my degree and professional qualifications probably leave you in the shade... :bag:

I think you'll find that my Honours degree (First/Wake Class), Masters and doctorate put you well into my cold, long and dark shadow actually: just like Ayr United flailing around well beneath The Famous.

So get back in your box then and speak only when prompted by your intellectual betters.

Archived