Strongest 11? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Strongest 11?

Mr.Blue

Yesterday was the first time I've seen us play this season. Taking into consideration the opposition I thought we looked good going forward but still concerned about the lack of mobility and energy in midfield and the lack of a real presence in the heart of the defence. Mchugh has an eye for goal and looks to be the natural goalscorer we've been looking for. I also thought big Thomson was excellent and will be a key player for us this season. Jai's pace, movement and strength is also a positive and it's great to see him back. Was also good to see forbes putting in some excellent set pieces. Murdoch was his usual energetic self and should be the first name on the team sheet when fit. I do think we need.to improve our delivery from wide areas in open play as Doyle and Russell had a few opportunities to get a ball into the box and didn't deliver.

With the current squad and everyone fit I'd go for:

Gaston

Doyle

O'Ware

Lamie

Russell

Murdoch

Tidser

Forbes

Quitongo

Mchugh

Thomson

Subs- McGowan, Kilday, strapp, Harkins, Tiffoney, Langan, Oliver.

I struggled to choose a front 3 and left Oliver on the bench solely because of how well the front 3 have been doing lately. Best of luck to Duffy trying to keep those 4 happy!

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Going to be honest I totally forgot about iredale and Mcmanus! Said in the match topic that bearing in mind the opposition I thought Iredale strolled the game. Mcmanus did ok. At the moment I'd have Lamie or kilday in before them as I haven't seen much of iredale or Mcmanus at all.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I thought Iredale looked comfortable on the ball and untroubled in his defending, against an awful League Two side. I can see why he got a six month deal.

McManus looked not without qualities, but like a player very much out of position. I wouldn't like him at centre half in the league.

I thought Iredale looked comfortable on the ball and untroubled in his defending, against an awful League Two side. I can see why he got a six month deal.

McManus looked not without qualities, but like a player very much out of position. I wouldn't like him at centre half in the league.

I thought Mcmanus was good on the ball. Rarely wasted possession.

Strongest 11?

Gaston

Doyle

OWare

Iredale

Russell

Tidser

Forbes

Murdoch

Thompson

Quitongo

McHugh

Harkins somewhere off the coast of Iceland.

Iredale ahead of Kilday & Lamie after one game against that lot yesterday? Have a word.

Archived