So America Decided - Page 5 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

So America Decided

Bawheid

of course had to be cleared by his security/Secret Service. Apparently this is quite common.

Can imagine the poor bastards trawling through years of posts on here putting together a character profile of you, littered with Brian Wake references. You passed the test though, clearly.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can imagine the poor ****s trawling through years of posts on here putting together a character profile of you, littered with Brian Wake references. You passed the test though, clearly.

It was probably the Wakism that did it tbh

EOho8Pw.png

Juncker is wrong though. Not two wasted years, but four. At least.

If you want America to start running Europe again, just start another World War and we'll get right on it. Otherwise I assume you guys have it covered.

EOho8Pw.png

Guest David Edwards

If you want America to start running Europe again, just start another World War and we'll get right on it. Otherwise I assume you guys have it covered.

But your hero's an isolationist isn't he? He'll be far too busy building walls and deporting immigrants to be bothered with Europe. That'll be a bonus for us guys then. :D 

But your hero's an isolationist isn't he? He'll be far too busy building walls and deporting immigrants to be bothered with Europe. That'll be a bonus for us guys then. :D

That's exactly what I'm getting at. "Oh no, he's not going to treat Europe as his pet project!" Isn't that good for everyone? Americans can focus on American problems, Western Europeans can focus on further dismantling their borders and inviting a replacement population. That looks like a win-win to me.

Juncker should be grateful, he'd be among the first ones out if the God-Emperor took an interest in the old continent.

EOho8Pw.png

Guest David Edwards

That's exactly what I'm getting at. "Oh no, he's not going to treat Europe as his pet project!" Isn't that good for everyone? Americans can focus on American problems, Western Europeans can focus on further dismantling their borders and inviting a replacement population. That looks like a win-win to me.

Juncker should be grateful, he'd be among the first ones out if the God-Emperor took an interest in the old continent.

Do you really believe that your 'God-Emperor' is going to change things, going to 'make America great again' (whatever that means)? And you used to be so dismissive of the credulous, so surely you must be having a laugh. All this media talk of tectonic shifts in political direction is mostly bollocks. The 'left behind' in America are being sold a pup, just like they were in Britain with the false promises of the Brexit campaign. Here, when all the dealings are over, we'll likely change from being half-in the EU to being half-out.

What happens though, when they (the left behind) realise that they've been kidded on, that the joke was on them? How will they deal with their disappointment? To me, that's the real concern.

Guest David Edwards

I read now that Trump has appointed the alleged wife-beating, misogynist, white supremacist head of the rightb*****d news network Stephen Bannon as his chief strategist in charge of the 'Make America Great Again' project. Maybe the aim is to take America back to the principles of its founding fathers, i.e.of an elite band of slave driving plutocrats who don't like paying taxes. :D

Do you really believe that your 'God-Emperor' is going to change things, going to 'make America great again' (whatever that means)? And you used to be so dismissive of the credulous, so surely you must be having a laugh. All this media talk of tectonic shifts in political direction is mostly bollocks. The 'left behind' in America are being sold a pup, just like they were in Britain with the false promises of the Brexit campaign. Here, when all the dealings are over, we'll likely change from being half-in the EU to being half-out.

What happens though, when they (the left behind) realise that they've been kidded on, that the joke was on them? How will they deal with their disappointment? To me, that's the real concern.

You can read my thoughts on the Bright Orange Incorruptible's prospects here.

EOho8Pw.png

Juncker must be going for the most out of touch nonentity award. Hopefully Merkal will remind him that he has no clothes.

Merkel herself is well and truly in Trump's sights. That's one aspect of foreign policy in which I do expect him to take a personal interest: trolling the fuck out of Germany.

EOho8Pw.png

I spent last week in the US so had the fortune/misfortune of watching the result as it came in, while sitting surrounded by the voters themselves.

The restaurant I was in had Fox News on - and I have to say I could feel myself getting dumber by the minute listening to their broadcast and opinions - it was like getting drunk without the alcohol.

So to hear one of the first appointments comes from this unbiased news reporting organization does not bode well for truth and common sense.

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Hey Nacho, I think I'm right in saying that you're not only a huge admirer of Trump but also of Patrick Harvie, yeah? If so, how do you reconcile their polar opposite views on the existence of global warming and the link to man-made CO2 emissions, and who if either of them do you think is right?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/us/politics/donald-trump-climate-change.html?_r=0

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14876523.US_Election__Patrick_Harvie_urges_Nicola_Sturgeon_to__shun__Donald_Trump_after_shock_victory/

Hey Nacho, I think I'm right in saying that you're not only a huge admirer of Trump but also of Patrick Harvie, yeah? If so, how do you reconcile their polar opposite views the existence of global warming and the link to man-made CO2 emissions, and who if either of them do you think is right?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/us/politics/donald-trump-climate-change.html?_r=0

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14876523.US_Election__Patrick_Harvie_urges_Nicola_Sturgeon_to__shun__Donald_Trump_after_shock_victory/

For full disclosure I haven't read the links, I'm in the middle of a long drive and just stopped for 'gasoline and a soda' (that means petrol and ginger.) So I'm just answering in general terms.

While I'm far from an expert, from what little I do know I think the Greens and Harvie have a far better grasp of environmental science than does Trump. In fact I think there are signs that Trump's environmental and energy policy is shaping up to be by far the worst aspect of his Presidency and probably even worse than GWB's. And quite aside from climate science I think there's a very compelling cause for environmentalism for its own sake. So, if people are worried about Trump's effects in the environment and climate, to them I say - you're absolutely right to worry. He's already got a bunch of big carbon guys on the transition team and I believe he's going to double down on coal production in his electoral heartlands as well, where it's a proven vote winner.

I say this from a position of relative ignorance but for me I'd accept four years of climate regression if we can get immigration and manufacturing right. I have that luxury as I won't be around in 100 years to reap the bitter fruit of this turns out to be a huge mistake. I do want to see improvement but for me it is a post-Wall project.

EOho8Pw.png

I have that luxury as I won't be around in 100 years to reap the bitter fruit of this turns out to be a huge mistake.  

Genuinely surprised that you would think like that Nacho, unless it was tongue-in-cheek of course. You might not be around in 100 years to reap the consequences of Trump's denial of global warming and his policies that will inevitably accelerate it, but your descendants and those of your loved ones will be. Can't believe you'd really take such a myopic and self-centred view on something as fundamental as that. 

Archived