So America Decided - Page 7 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

So America Decided

Bawheid

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest David Edwards

David "One-man Klan" Edwards strikes again. Please stop this hate.

Lost me there, maybe you've lost it yourself. Have a word with David Duke instead. :D 

Don't have it. Ask your God Emperor, I'm sure he has.

Give TRVMP a little credit. In his lengthy career, Duke has accomplished absolutely nothing for white nationalism. A dyed-in-the-wool white nationalist like Donald Trump (the biggest racist in the most racist country ever) will demand a little more from his racists. He's a results-oriented racist. Duke fails.

EOho8Pw.png

Guest David Edwards

Give TRVMP a little credit. In his lengthy career, Duke has accomplished absolutely nothing for white nationalism. A dyed-in-the-wool white nationalist like Donald Trump (the biggest racist in the most racist country ever) will demand a little more from his racists. He's a results-oriented racist. Duke fails.

I don't really see Trump as a racist. Okay, he's apparently made some remarks that could be interpreted as racist (particularly so by politically correct liberals) but deep down I think another person's race or ethnicity isn't really a concern of his. He's a lot of things : a narcissistic, populist demagogue and (in your own words) a rapacious capitalist. But most of all he's an opportunist and like you say, 'results-orientated'. He'll hitch his band wagon to almost any cause that suits his purpose. He's custom made for political success. :D 

Guest David Edwards

Yes, nothing says electoral success in America like David Duke.

Well at least his man is in the White House, or rather will be soon.

Guest David Edwards

No doubt that endorsement put him over the top.

Trump played that one like the street-smart opportunist he is - right down the middle.

No, you've completely missed what he did. He only disavows etc on his own terms. It was his usual disrespect of the media, as opposed to cannily body-swerving the pitfall of upsetting the all-important David Duke vote. The number of non-FBI informants nationwide who actually listen to this guy is maybe, *maybe* in the low six figures, probably a good deal smaller. Instead what he did was bat it away as a non-issue because he knew, correctly, that the only people who actually worry about David Duke already have their minds made up and are generally sneering coastals/Europeans (the same thing in many respects) who couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat, much less understand American elections.

EOho8Pw.png

It's certainly true that Duke and wacko groups like the ANP are totally irrelevent and only serve to provide the media with lazy shock horror headlines. There are plenty of genuinely dangerous fellow travellers on Trump's wagon train and no doubt we'll hear from them before too long.

It's certainly true that Duke and wacko groups like the ANP are totally irrelevent and only serve to provide the media with lazy shock horror headlines. There are plenty of genuinely dangerous fellow travellers on Trump's wagon train and no doubt we'll hear from them before too long.

This guy gets it.

EOho8Pw.png

Guest David Edwards

It's certainly true that Duke and wacko groups like the ANP are totally irrelevant and only serve to provide the media with lazy shock horror headlines. There are plenty of genuinely dangerous fellow travellers on Trump's wagon train and no doubt we'll hear from them before too long.

I disagree. There are, undeniably, some very dark forces backing Trump, each and every one of them relevant, whether they be dumbass types like Duke, complete and utter nut jobs like Andrew Anglin, or more supposedly respectable 'alt right' figures like Jared Taylor and Stephen Bannon. Essentially they're all peddling the same poison. One can draw hope however, from the fact that more than half of those who voted in the election were not seduced by Trump's appeal to populist unreason. And as I said before, there's always the constitution to fall back on.

In the end he won fare and square. It was a domocratic vote the people decided to elect him if he does a job he will get a second term if he fails he doesn't. It appears many losers can't except defeat but instead continually insist on rematches . Another Scottish origin IMO .

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

I disagree. There are, undeniably, some very dark forces backing Trump, each and every one of them relevant, whether they be dumbass types like Duke, complete and utter nut jobs like Andrew Anglin, or more supposedly respectable 'alt right' figures like Jared Taylor and Stephen Bannon. Essentially they're all peddling the same poison. One can draw hope however, from the fact that more than half of those who voted in the election were not seduced by Trump's appeal to populist unreason. And as I said before, there's always the constitution to fall back on.

I just don't see it that way in respect of the influence of the Dukes of this world or the white power advocates. These people do not have a cause that Trump would benefit from, quite the reverse. However the media attempt to use them as a stick to beat Trump with just fed the Trump narrative that the NY Times et al would say anything to keep Trump from the White House.

Middle america and the South did not buy what the media was selling because the media have sat by compliantly and ignored the desparation of blue collar workers and their families for decades. Politicians of both parties have failed that constituency dramatically and now the worm has turned. Trump has managed to feed and nurture that group and mold them into a 'movement' in a way that the Tea Party, the racists and the christian fundamentalists could never do.

The question is now that he has given this group a focus and a belief that he has the answers what can he really deliver and will it be enough to satisfy the appetite for change. Bread and circuses only works for so long.

Guest David Edwards

I just don't see it that way in respect of the influence of the Dukes of this world or the white power advocates. These people do not have a cause that Trump would benefit from, quite the reverse. However the media attempt to use them as a stick to beat Trump with just fed the Trump narrative that the NY Times et al would say anything to keep Trump from the White House.

Middle america and the South did not buy what the media was selling because the media have sat by compliantly and ignored the desparation of blue collar workers and their families for decades. Politicians of both parties have failed that constituency dramatically and now the worm has turned. Trump has managed to feed and nurture that group and mold them into a 'movement' in a way that the Tea Party, the racists and the christian fundamentalists could never do.

The question is now that he has given this group a focus and a belief that he has the answers what can he really deliver and will it be enough to satisfy the appetite for change. Bread and circuses only works for so long.

Sorry, but are you saying that the alt right will / did not have an influence? Trump's recent cabinet appointments seem to suggest otherwise. We shall see.

Sorry, but are you saying that the alt right will / did not have an influence? Trump's recent cabinet appointments seem to suggest otherwise. We shall see.

No. I think the alt right clearly played a role in bolstering Trumps campaign and will now expect a return on their investment. The alt right is much more sinister and sophisticated than no marks like the KKK etc and are worthy of genuine concern. The point I'm making (probably badly) is that pantomime monsters like Duke are not the real problem and influence no one outside the very narrow confines of their warped world view.

Archived