Back The Duff - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Back The Duff

vikingTON

...to land a job devoted to his stated priority of 'bringing through young players', without having to deal with pesky issues like, erm, working out a credible a transfer policy or signing experienced players who might be capable of contradicting him: 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ricky-sbragia-resigns-scotland-under-8781696?432432

In a spirit of patriotism I think that we should waive the remaining 21 months of his deal and pay for the taxi to Hampden from the proceeds of a whip-round at the Dunfermline home match. Whatever the other candidates for the job are demanding, we'll accept far less on Duffy's behalf.  

3869919.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• 3 weeks later...

aye, get him to f**k!!  now he's got us to a semi final, does he realise how much this will cost the fans???   Ticket wont be cheap, up early on a weekend,

travelling to the game, beers with mates, banter, singing! we've not been subjected to this for over 30 years!! how dare he!!! we are MORTON!! 

Its a funny old game indeed. We are in a national cup competition semi final, and if he manages to get a win on Saturday, Duffy will have us sitting 5th in the league.

I don't think even his sternest critic (and I include myself in this bracket) could really be unsatisfied with that.

The feeling still resonates that he doesn't realise the obvious though (Lindsay needs to play in the middle always, Tam is a centre back, Nesbitt has to play, McDonough is dreadful, Forbes can't play a full game and needs to be benched when tidser returns, kudos isn't a winger etc) and his team selections can be baffling. However, as he's proved me wrong on a number of occasions now, if he wins on Saturday, I will endeavour to 'trust the duff'.

Ps. The Year of the Quitongo continues.

I want a pretentious signature too.

aye, get him to f**k!!  now he's got us to a semi final, does he realise how much this will cost the fans???   Ticket wont be cheap, up early on a weekend,

travelling to the game, beers with mates, banter, singing! we've not been subjected to this for over 30 years!! how dare he!!! we are MORTON!! 

Looks like you were the gibbering mess who phoned into the Record Hotline on Wednesday to recommend that Duffy be made SFA Performance Director. Inadvertent good work from you then, chump, as such calls only feed an obvious (and correct) agenda. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'm subjected to that every second week when we play away. 

Fucking marvelous, so it is.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Looks like you were the gibbering mess who phoned into the Record Hotline on Wednesday to recommend that Duffy be made SFA Performance Director. Inadvertent good work from you then, chump, as such calls only feed an obvious (and correct) agenda. 

Looks like as ever you don't have a clue what your talking about, and the fact you even read that rag says everything about you.... your hatred for Duffy is embarrassing! you literally do not have a clue what your talking about. 

Learn the difference between 'your' and 'you're' please and then get in the sea. That's all there is to say really about your nothing post. 

Its a funny old game indeed. We are in a national cup competition semi final, and if he manages to get a win on Saturday, Duffy will have us sitting 5th in the league.

I don't think even his sternest critic (and I include myself in this bracket) could really be unsatisfied with that.

The feeling still resonates that he doesn't realise the obvious though (Lindsay needs to play in the middle always, Tam is a centre back, Nesbitt has to play, McDonough is dreadful, Forbes can't play a full game and needs to be benched when tidser returns, kudos isn't a winger etc) and his team selections can be baffling. However, as he's proved me wrong on a number of occasions now, if he wins on Saturday, I will endeavour to 'trust the duff'.

Ps. The Year of the Quitongo continues.

Agree with all of this. He's not perfect but he's completely exceeded my (low) expectations of him. I thought we'd finish 8th last season but instead we were comfortably mid-table, and I'd never have expected us to get to a League Cup semi-final without having an extremely easy draw (like Gretna did when they got to the Scottish Cup Final.) There are still major hurdles this season due to our lack of squad depth but the signing of Gavin Gunning suggests that these are surmountable.

I wanted him to get the first quarter of this season to see what he can do with the squad he has - if we're sitting around 6th or 7th by that time he's more than earned the right to stay on.* I just hope our recent show of good form can continue. (Remaining games in the quarter: Dundee United, Raith, QoS. Four points would be good.)

*there's no way he's getting bagged regardless - from the board's perspective he's delivering great results and good cup runs on a relatively low budget. I can completely understand and in fact support this point of view. They are delighted with him and with good reason.

EOho8Pw.png

...to land a job devoted to his stated priority of 'bringing through young players', without having to deal with pesky issues like, erm, working out a credible a transfer policy or signing experienced players who might be capable of contradicting him: 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ricky-sbragia-resigns-scotland-under-8781696?432432

In a spirit of patriotism I think that we should waive the remaining 21 months of his deal and pay for the taxi to Hampden from the proceeds of a whip-round at the Dunfermline home match. Whatever the other candidates for the job are demanding, we'll accept far less on Duffy's behalf.  

3869919.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

He has many critics and deservedly so however he has done more in the last few seasons than many before him so full credit to the guy. A win tomorrow would be icing on a great week. :)

Archived