Willa Tie Do It? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Willa Tie Do It?

Trick37

Will a tie in next week's game do it for us if the other 2 teams tie or lose?

"Throw me to the wolves, and I'll return leading the pack." ---Unknown

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." ---General George S. Patton, Jr.

WE call it a bloody tie.....so pffffft!

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." ---General George S. Patton, Jr.

If you knew who I was, you'd have that answer. :-)

Then let's hope that we get as many goals as is possible over two just to make sure.

Still bummed that I can't get up there. :-(

Assuming Forfar win, we just need to match their goal tally to be absolutely sure, but we can afford to win 1-0, providing they don't win by more than three

Unless the rules have changed, if we win 1-0 and they win 4-0 we'd have the same goal difference but we'd still be champions by way of more goals scored (i.e., us 63 for & 39 against, Forfar 62 for & 38 against). If so, if we win by only one goal then Forfar would need to win by five goals, unless they win by four goals with a very unlikely scoreline like 6-2, 7-3 or 8-4. I think.  :huh:

Assuming Forfar win, we just need to match their goal tally to be absolutely sure, but we can afford to win 1-0, providing they don't win by more than three

Not true. If we win 1-0 they can win 4-0 and we still win the title. A 1-0 for us and 5-1 for them and it's a play off for the title.

Not true. If we win 1-0 they can win 4-0 and we still win the title. A 1-0 for us and 5-1 for them and it's a play off for the title.

That nightmare scenario would certainly throw a spanner in the dates for the actual play-offs, unless they made the date Monday 4th. And who would put that past them?

Interesting that our head to head with Forfar is two wins apiece, six goals each.

wl545_the_shining_c_aaa.jpg

Of course I'm happy

Ayr on average have lost well less than 2 goals a game this season and Forfar have scored on average 2 goals a game . Good bet for a draw. But our home record has been very suspect if u ask me , my advice , take more than one pair oh underpants with u along to the game.

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

That nightmare scenario would certainly throw a spanner in the dates for the actual play-offs, unless they made the date Monday 4th. And who would put that past them?

Interesting that our head to head with Forfar is two wins apiece, six goals each.

I'm sure the SPFL will have a plan in place should this occur.  :bag:

If it does, it'll be interesting which neutral ground they would choose to play this. I'd imagine they'd prefer a grass park, lower league, roughly half way and not a club involved in any play-offs. That probably points to East End Park.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Archived