Hoppy Gone - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hoppy Gone

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame for the development squad that he's gone, he seems to have been well liked there, and maybe in hindsight he should have just continued with that job and allowed Shiels to bring in his own number 2.

Overall though, I don't think that many people will be overly concerned about this development.

If he continues to coach the development squad then fine, but it seems that he didn't get on with Shiels so this is good news, if those rumours were true. Shiels may do a better job with with someone he can get on with assisting him.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

It's a shame for the development squad that he's gone, he seems to have been well liked there, and maybe in hindsight he should have just continued with that job and allowed Shiels to bring in his own number 2.

Overall though, I don't think that many people will be overly concerned about this development.

The less ginger people around the club the better.  :P

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

I can't say this bothers me one bit. Any time Hopkin spoke I just thought he was far too soft and unwilling to criticise anything about the players individually or the team collectively regardless of what he was commenting on. I'm no expert in management or coaching but I don't imagine this being an effective method.

TTG JIM!!!

This was almost like a forced marriage. I would imagine there was no budget for Sheils to bring in an assistant and Hoppy was asked and it didn't work out.

But next season with Moore & McNally off the wage bill that would let Sheils bring in his own man - which is fair enough

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

I think that is fair comment. I don't know if there was any actual animosity between them, but on match days I don't think I ever recall them being in conversation e.g. prior to a substitution, and it was easy to form the impression that they weren't working closely together.

I would be content for David Hopkin to stay with the Development Squad as he seems to be doing a decent job there but if Kenny Sheils is to be judged next season on the job he does it should be with the people he wants , obviously within the limits of the available budget.

Good riddance. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived