Our Record Wins In A Row - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Our Record Wins In A Row

Alibi

Are you being serious?

Yes, bear in mind that it was only a few months ago that smithsTON announced to us all that he wouldn't be adverse to the club folding because things aren't going as he pleases.

Yep. After our best season in 15-odd years, DDF rewards the squad by offering them reduced terms - you couldn't make it up and yet he ponders why the fans don't turn out. IMHO, Morton will go no further under the present regime. I will not be renewing my ST either. TBH, I'd rather the club went under now than the slow, lingering death it has suffered the last dozen or so years. mad.gif

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really.  Rangers FC was liquidated in June 2012, whereas The Rangers FC is a new club. :jerry:

Rangers Football Club's holding company, the PLC were liquidated in June 2012 and its principal asset, Rangers Football Club Ltd, was sold as a going concern to the new owners.

Its so fucking easy to understand however so many people prove themselves to be as thick as fuck regarding this issue.

*insert signature here*

Rangers Football Club's holding company, the PLC were liquidated in June 2012 and its principal asset, Rangers Football Club Ltd, was sold as a going concern to the new owners.

Its so ****ing easy to understand however so many people prove themselves to be as thick as **** regarding this issue.

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

I'm holding my tongue but capitanus has a valid point .

Not really.  Q: If Rangers FC still exists, why was Sevco Scotland asked to apply to join the (then) SFL in the (old) Third Division?  A: because they were a new Club.  Simples.  Q: If Rangers FC still exists, why did they have to change their name to The Rangers FC?  A: because they are a new Club.  Simples.  Rewrite history all you like, but the facts speak for themselves.

Not really.  Q: If Rangers FC still exists, why was Sevco Scotland asked to apply to join the (then) SFL in the (old) Third Division?  A: because they were a new Club.  Simples.  Q: If Rangers FC still exists, why did they have to change their name to The Rangers FC?  A: because they are a new Club.  Simples.  Rewrite history all you like, but the facts speak for themselves.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Miscellaneous liquidated and dead clubs forum for this pish.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Deadly serious. What's the worse that can happen this season? Relegation? Perhaps, but we'd no doubt come up again eventually. We'll never equal the records we set in the 63-64 season - simples. :thumbup2:

I just can't agree with that. The club sliding to obscurity once again is not more important than something that was done ages ago. It's good to look back but I take more interest on what happens today and the future.

ETA - just seen what Toby had wrote. Why would anyone want their club to die, going to the games at times does seem a bit of a chore, especially recently, but thats part and parcel of being a non old firm fan. Through thick and thin ;)

I bet the same goons who bang on about Morton having a good season almost half a century ago will be getting themselves in a state when English commentators mention that they won the World Cup when that tournament is on.

What's done is done. Anyone who thinks some record from years ago is more important than what's happening now is patently an idiot.

AWMSC

I just can't agree with that. The club sliding to obscurity once again is not more important than something that was done ages ago. It's good to look back but I take more interest on what happens today and the future.

ETA - just seen what Toby had wrote. Why would anyone want their club to die, going to the games at times does seem a bit of a chore, especially recently, but thats part and parcel of being a non old firm fan. Through thick and thin ;)

I'm glad you agree with me !  LOL!

Thick as fuck.

Q: If Rangers FC still exists, why was Sevco Scotland asked to apply to join the (then) SFL in the (old) Third Division?

A: The SPL membership share was an asset of the holding company (the PLC) and not the subsidiary company.  The other SPL member clubs objected to Rangers FC PLC's membership share being transfered to the new owners at the time of liquidation, thus rendering Rangers FC as a club without a league to compete in. 

Hence the reason why they had to re-apply to join the SFL, and start at the bottom in division 3. 

Q: If Rangers FC still exists, why did they have to change their name to The Rangers FC?

A: Rangers FC still exist, and are a going concern.  The only major difference is who owns the club, via which parent company.  Rangers previous owners were called The Rangers Football Club PLC and were incorporated over 100 years ago; whereas the current company which owns Rangers trades under a different name - Rangers International Football Club Plc - who are listed and traded on the London Stock Exchange.

Its not that difficult to understand, however, you have proven you have a lot of opinions on the subject despite your lack of ability to grasp it. 

Yet another Ton5Saints1.

*insert signature here*

I'm holding my tongue but capitanus has a valid point .

In fairness to yourself Bawheid, you like to clown around and stuff, but you are a successful businessman and you are more capable than most on here to understand that subject.

Others on the other hand, are thick as fuck but it doesn't stop them from trying to have jibes on subjects they dont fully understand.

*insert signature here*

In fairness to yourself Bawheid, you like to clown around and stuff, but you are a successful businessman and you are more capable than most on here to understand that subject.

Others on the other hand, are thick as **** but it doesn't stop them from trying to have jibes on subjects they dont fully understand.

Loyalist love-in alert LOL.

As much as his semi-stalking of me creeps me out, Paul is right in what he says about Rangers. Frankly none of you know anything about how to run a company. The only time this concerns me is when the occasional "if I won the lottery......" thread appears. 

I run a limited company.

As much as his semi-stalking of me creeps me out, Paul is right in what he says about Rangers. Frankly none of you know anything about how to run a company. The only time this concerns me is when the occasional "if I won the lottery......" thread appears. 

He's not really.  For all the financial experts who've said the plc and the football club are two separate entities you'll find just as many experts who'll disagree that you can separate them.  I think everyone is aware of the argument but not everyone will accept it.

Graham Spiers, a life-long Rangers fan and one of the few journalists I pay attention to is on record as saying that Rangers (the football club) died along with the plc when they were liquidated.  His source(s) were some of the most qualified financial experts in the country.

There's no right and wrong and the debate will rumble on forever.  

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Archived