Cup Fever - Match Thread - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Cup Fever - Match Thread

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the point in getting yourself red carded in a cup game when its in stoppage time and your already going out.

it was actually 4 - 0,  ahhh why didnt the powercut last for 10 more Minutes.

Oh, its back now i see.

Made a balls up of yer post !

Strangely, not too disappointed about today's result. 

Some reports described us as 'very well organised', which is a first this season. A goal chopped off and a number of good chances.

Be interesting to hear a match report from some of the guys who were at the game.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Thought morton played pretty well today. O'ware and reid look like a partnership, much better than some of the other comedy combos. Novo's goal never looked offside and we were on the end of some other awful refereeing decisions. Overall much improved. The stewards were total bawbags

Oh well, no shame in losing to a much better side. Two sides ranked higher than us (Motherwell and Falkirk) embarrassingly went out against lower league clubs, so let's move on to the Dundee game. They have shown themselves to be nothing special today so let's try and get a result!

As you'll maybe have noticed, living just south of Inverness makes days like today special for me normally. However the last few results have had me worrying about how bad the result would be. 4.0 flattered Caley and didn't do us justice. The better team won but they really weren't that much better, especially in the first half. Poor penalty decision just before half time - no Caley player even thought about appealing for a penalty. Second half and Caley were sharper, closing us down, nipping at everyone - more urgency to their play. To our credit we did try to play a bit of football at times but maybe still too much dependency on the long ball. Doesn't work with Novo. I wasn't really impressed by what he managed today. He may be experienced but not so you would notice. He was dealt with fairly easily by the Caley defence. Another one of our experienced players - Imrie - again didn't show his experience. Falling out with his team mates more often than with the referee or opposition. I hope for more from these two with them having been around a while but maybe youthful enthusiasm wanting to prove itself would give us more than the experienced heads. Apart from these two, i felt everyone else tried hard. Yes, there were mistakes, e.g. poor pass from Fred but at the same time he was nipping away whenever a Caley player had the ball. Same for others - mistakes but more than made up for by effort and good play. We have a good keeper - great saves and commanded box at set pieces. No chance with 4 goals.

Will be interesting to see highlights for our offside goal and disallowed penalty.

League survival is what matters and with today's organisation and effort, I think survival will be ours.

Oh well, no shame in losing to a much better side. Two sides ranked higher than us (Motherwell and Falkirk) embarrassingly went out against lower league clubs, so let's move on to the Dundee game. They have shown themselves to be nothing special today so let's try and get a result!

My feelings exactly. Big test for Hopkin against Dundee. Under Moore we did raise our game against Celtic and St Johnstone, hopefully Hopkin can keep it going in the league. If he's still in charge that is.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Strangely, not too disappointed about today's result.

Some reports described us as 'very well organised', which is a first this season. A goal chopped off and a number of good chances.

Be interesting to hear a match report from some of the guys who were at the game.

No it isn't. We've been described in the same way against every premiership team this season.

Archived