Who Next? - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Next?

Scott

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing about Hopkin is we just don't know if he'd be good or not. From the outside looking in there's no reason to suggest he'd be good or bad. As I've said before, around half of the recent Div 1 winners were in their first job, so experience isn't essential (nor is it a guarantee as we found out with McCormack). I think it will be an attractive job, so it will be interesting to see who gets interviewed.

The thing with better managers than Moore is that they don't always play the same style and Reid had games where they would play a direct style or a more passing game depending on what was happening. We're just too used to being one dimensional with what we've had for the last 5 or 6 years.

I sincerely hope Dougie is not putting any pre-conditions on who would be a suitable candidate for the job.

I've heard all this it has to be an "experienced manager" stuff before. An experienced manager won't guarantee success anymore than someone relatively new to the managerial game can. 

I just hope we get the right calibre of applicants this time for Dougie to make a decision. It won't be easy as you can see by the number of suggestions already being put forward. 

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

I've heard all this it has to be an "experienced manager" stuff before. An experienced manager won't guarantee success anymore than someone relatively new to the managerial game can. 

No managerial appointment 'guarantees' success, but requiring candidates to relate their suitability for the role in terms of their experience and qualifications is a fucking basic aspect of recruitment in any industry.

NB: Playing for a professional side does not count as relevant experience, also known as the 'James Grady rule'.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

No managerial appointment 'guarantees' success, but requiring candidates to relate their suitability for the role in terms of their experience and qualifications is a ****ing basic aspect of recruitment in any industry.

NB: Playing for a professional side does not count as relevant experience, also known as the 'James Grady rule'.

Exactly, and that's why there shouldn't be pre-conditions to any applicant or target for the post

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Rajamaki isn't the worse shout I've heard. 

No, but it is one of the most unlikely. Comfortable job at a club he has been at for over a decade, battling to get TPS back to competing for the Finnish title and a chance to play in the Champions League; after a fairly crap last season - or a relegation scrap at Cappielow?

Janne Lindberg is out of work, has a small connection with Morton and a terrible win % as a manager. Let's get him instead...

while i agree with virtually all of your point, to say janne has a small link to the club is disingenius. over his 3 seasons he had a huge impact on the club. When he and marko signed we were something like 5th in the 2nd division. A season and a half later there were 12000 watching us just miss out on promotion to the prem. The previous year he played the full 90mins for Finlanf v Scotland at Hampden.

For a guy that played only 3 seasons he had a huge impact and is rightly revered by the support.

Your point is otherwise correct but don't belittle Janne's time with the club.

I agree re Reid.

Even Calderwood and or Jimmy Nicholl

I reckon it will be Hopkin and McLaughlin tho. Not the right appointment unfortunately but heyho.

Al have you clocked this Twitter gossip about Alexander?! Giving me the fear

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

Aside from one person called Andy Murdoch, nobody has mentioned Rowan Alexander on Twitter.

I've seen more than that, most recently someone asking McBookie for odds

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

why does everyone want billy reid?

hamilton were quite poor in his last season were they not?

He ticks more boxes than anyone else.

Wouldn't say so, finished 5th, 2 points off 3rd. And 4th the season before.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

He ticks more boxes than anyone else.

Wouldn't say so, finished 5th, 2 points off 3rd. And 4th the season before.

I'll admit I always thought he got his teams working hard, and that is something we need at scappa

moore thought and acted like he was one of the boys I reckon

Archived