Jay Rodriguez - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Jay Rodriguez

Madton

Only seen him a handful of times but I think he looks like he'll be a real class act. His touch, vision and choice and weight of pass are all excellent, even now. Fitness and decision making will come as he gains experience, just as it did with Tidser, who a lot of people were similarly critical of.

I'd suggest waiting til McKee manages a semi-competent 90 minutes of football before you make statements like that.

AWMSC

I'd suggest waiting til McKee manages a semi-competent 90 minutes of football before you make statements like that.

He's already had a few. Him, Hands and Bachirou (with a new manager at the helm) have the potential to be a great midfield for us.

Nah, I'll stick! Think he has obvious quality, and - like Tidser - will improve with experience.

Thought McKee looked a little better on Saturday & also a little fitter.  Still seems to take ages to make a decision on the ball when a quick final ball could see him put someone through into a great position.

Hopefully continues to improve over the coming weeks and maybe he is just one of these players who takes a good while to get back to full match sharpness

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

Nah, I'll stick! Think he has obvious quality, and - like Tidser - will improve with experience.

There is no doubting his football ability, but his progression worries me.

Relatively successful youth career, Scottish 1st Division experience 2008/09, English Premier Reserve experience 2010/11, English Championship experience 2010/13 and SPL experience 2011/12.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh but I would expect his progression to be further forward than it is at this stage in his career. 

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

There's been the occasional quality pass, but overall McKee's not looked like anything more than a mediocre player at this level. It could be that he's still not fully fit and it's too early in the season to judge, but there's absolutely nothing to suggest he's anywhere near as good as Tidser.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Saturday was just his tenth first team appearance at any level of football. If you are looking for someone as good as Tidser was when he left then yes, you'll be disappointed. But he is very similar to Tidser when he arrived, and very similar criticisms were made of Tidser at that point. I suspect that he will improve and be a really good, really important player for us.

Can't agree that he is mediocre though, his touch, turn and passing is all too good for that, but DunoonTon is right that he can labour of his decision making at times. Ten games into his first team career that is hardly a travesty. Patience is needed with players like Hands and McKee, regardless of where they came from, just as it was needed with Tidser.

but there's absolutely nothing to suggest he's anywhere near as good as Tidser.

Disagree for the most part. Well, I agree that he is not currently as good as Tidser was when he left us, but there's plenty to suggest that he can develop to be every bit as important a player as Tidser. Tidser had the advantage of coming here with some first team football under his belt - and still the same sorts of criticisms were levelled at him.

Saturday was just his tenth first team appearance at any level of football. If you are looking for someone as good as Tidser was when he left then yes, you'll be disappointed. But he is very similar to Tidser when he arrived, and very similar criticisms were made of Tidser at that point. I suspect that he will improve and be a really good, really important player for us.

Can't agree that he is mediocre though, his touch, turn and passing is all too good for that, but DunoonTon is right that he can labour of his decision making at times. Ten games into his first team career that is hardly a travesty. Patience is needed with players like Hands and McKee, regardless of where they came from, just as it was needed with Tidser.

Agree entirely - I struggled to see Tidser's potential at first, but recognised it eventually.  McKee looks very similar to Tidser in his first season to me, and had some great touches on Saturday. 

Archived