Thanks For All You Have Done - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thanks For All You Have Done

cammy

There are so many errors in your analysis. As regards the recession, was it not Rae himself that publicly said that the recession had not affected Golden Casket Group's profit margins as "people still need to buy sweeties"?

I MEAN THAT THE RECESSION BIT FOR THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY

Furthermore, although there may not be a mandatory need to improve facilities at Cappielow, wouldn't any responsible owner not wish to provide better facilities for their customers?

NOT WHERE THE COST WOULD CRIPPLE US OR DEEPEN OUR DEBT LEVEL WHEN THERE IS NO REAL NEED TO DO SO, FOR ALL THE REASONS THAT TONSILITIS HAS MENTIONED

As for the state of Cappielow immediately post-Scott era, money was indeed spent on Cappielow - monies provided by the (then) Football Trust and, subsequently, the Scottish Football Partnership.

NOT CONVINCED THAT'S CORRECT

EDIT TO ADD: 9SBC's ACCOUNT IS MYCH CLOSER TO MY UNDERSTANDING

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i understand what you saying davie . but if someone with money offers to buy club even if they arent a morton man then what option is there . i dont like to say this but there is some fans that think if someone wants to buy club they have to be morton related

i understand what you saying davie . but if someone with money offers to buy club even if they arent a morton man then what option is there . i dont like to say this but there is some fans that think if someone wants to buy club they have to be morton related

That's kind of what I'm getting at. There's not exactly an orderly queue of potential buyers forming.  

MARTY OUT!!!!!

That's kind of what I'm getting at. There's not exactly an orderly queue of potential buyers forming.  

With respect Davie, if the club was for sale and the price was revealed. There may well be an orderly queue.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

We don't know and won't know that for sure unless the first move is made by Rae, stating that he would accept offers for the club. I doubt that would ever happen unfortunately. I dare say even if somebody was keen enough to contact the club to enquire about the sale of the club, I don't think Rae would publicise this as I don't think he has any intention of selling up. Until Rae states what he would accept for the club and reveals what his plans would be for the repayment of loans etc. then we will never know who could be tempted to buy into the club.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

I really am grateful for all the things that Dougie has done for saving Morton and keeping them afloat year after year, but my patiences has been running thin for far to long now, enough is enough, from finishing second top of the 1st divison last season (our highest since mid 90's) to sitting bottom and not even winning 2 games in a row.

Those players from last season should have been offered a better offer in wages or bonuses, to keep them here, not pay-cuts, shocking to say the least, I can fault them players for moving on, that's a total slap to the face imo, Dougie is holding this club back, he must have been really panicking when we were sitting top of the league last season with a good chance of winning it

I know there might not be anyone willing to take-over, but at least put the offer out and see who's willing to come forward, things have to get better than this

Solution is in your hands Cammy

Buy the club off Douggie, I reckon he'll probably accept a million from you and walk.

Otherwise SHUT UP

Foobs :ph34r:

Buy the club off Douggie, I reckon he'll probably accept a million from you and walk.

Otherwise SHUT UP

So you have to have a seven figure bank account before you are allowed to question someone's tenure in a social institution? 

Moron.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

Otherwise SHUT UP

NO

In defeat we try and forget

But being victorious we will always remember

C'mon Ye Ton

Threads like these are ridiculous as you are assuming DDR wants to sell the club and you are also assuming there are buyers out there.

St Mirren have been up for sale for a couple of years now. They have a fantastic new stadium, are debt free, have an established team in the Premiership and an infrastructure that we can only be jealous of - yet they remain for sale.

"Oh but Morton are a sleeping giant that are better than Killie, Motherwell and St Mirren" - NO WE ARE NOT! WE ARE A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM THAT WILL HAVE GOOD SEASONS AND BAD SEASONS. We will have the odd fairy tail season like last year where we will challenge; we will have the odd nightmare season where we will fail miserably. Most of the time we will be middle of the road and boring as hell.

If you expect perfection then go support Barcelona; if you want regular glory then join the "best fans in the world" up in Glasgow. We are Greenock Morton and the lows outnumber the highs! You knew this when you signed up for this gig.

If you expect perfection then go support Barcelona; if you want regular glory then join the "best fans in the world" up in Glasgow. We are Greenock Morton and the lows outnumber the highs! You knew this when you signed up for this gig.

Nobody's expecting winning football every season: they demand a competent professional side that isn't sliding behind glorified pub teams like Cowdenbeath,a club that maximises its revenue by having competent members of staff running the commercial department, a chairman who isn't content to slate 'boo-boys' while throwing another £200,000 deficit on the club's accounts and the prospect of top-flight football and/or cup runs which every single full-time outfit has achieved over the last 25 years: including those who started the period in the Highland League.

Your embarrassing whataboutery response sums up why happy-clappers are actively harmful to the football club. If you want to enable mediocrity and failure, kindly bore off to the junior sides and take cornbeef and co. with you.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Your embarrassing whataboutery response sums up why happy-clappers are actively harmful to the football club. If you want to enable mediocrity and failure, kindly bore off to the junior sides and take cornbeef and co. with you.

Your grammar is embarrassing - how about you go bore off back to school little boy and leave these types of discussions to the educated.

Your grammar is embarrassing - how about you go bore off back to school little boy and leave these types of discussions to the educated.

Nope, sorry, still can't see what was wrong with VT's grammar.  :huh: 

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

That's the finest grammar fail I've seen for a while.  Can you explain which part of the sentence VT has got wrong? 

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

"Your embarrassing grammar", assuming that's the bit you consider incorrect, is in fact perfectly correct.  "Your" is a possessive pronoun.  I suspect that possibly you think VT should have used "You're", which is of course an abbreviation for "You are".

If you had picked on VT's use of the word "enable" in the second sentence, I might have seen your point.  Or his use of the horrendous non-word "whataboutery", a Stuart Cosgroveism too far.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Threads like these are ridiculous as you are assuming DDR wants to sell the club and you are also assuming there are buyers out there.

St Mirren have been up for sale for a couple of years now. They have a fantastic new stadium, are debt free, have an established team in the Premiership and an infrastructure that we can only be jealous of - yet they remain for sale.

"Oh but Morton are a sleeping giant that are better than Killie, Motherwell and St Mirren" - NO WE ARE NOT! WE ARE A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM THAT WILL HAVE GOOD SEASONS AND BAD SEASONS. We will have the odd fairy tail season like last year where we will challenge; we will have the odd nightmare season where we will fail miserably. Most of the time we will be middle of the road and boring as hell.

If you expect perfection then go support Barcelona; if you want regular glory then join the "best fans in the world" up in Glasgow. We are Greenock Morton and the lows outnumber the highs! You knew this when you signed up for this gig.Maybe we have in fact reached or level. We don't have a great support, even last year when we were at the top of the league the crowds were no where near what is needed to sustain the fans ambitions for the club. As much as you can criticise Dougie and Moore the bottom line is that we are 

Maybe we have in fact reached our level. We don't have a great support. Even when we were top of the league last season our crowds were abysmal, certainly not enough coming through the gates to meet our ambitions unless that is you have an owner who's willing to piss money up against a wall every year which Dougie has obviously decided he's no longer going to do.

By far the biggest income for the club is gate receipts and the fans are not turning up. So we can bitch and moan about not having "competent" players but when you can only pay peanuts you only get monkeys. If we could get 3000 through the gates every week we would have more justification in telling Dougie and Moore they are not spending OUR money wisely.

Sure the rest of the club could be run more professionally but maybe if the fans showed more interest in supporting the club then we could justifiably complain about how the club is run.

We get "mediocrity and failure" because right now that's what we the fans are paying for. Could we be playing better and be more organised, for sure. But start putting more money into the club and then we can demand more is done to lift us up the rankings in Scottish Football.

Reminds me of JFK speech "ask not what your country can do for you"

Archived