Thanks For All You Have Done - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thanks For All You Have Done

cammy

I really am grateful for all the things that Dougie has done for saving Morton and keeping them afloat year after year, but my patiences has been running thin for far to long now, enough is enough, from finishing second top of the 1st divison last season (our highest since mid 90's) to sitting bottom and not even winning 2 games in a row.

Those players from last season should have been offered a better offer in wages or bonuses, to keep them here, not pay-cuts, shocking to say the least, I can fault them players for moving on, that's a total slap to the face imo, Dougie is holding this club back, he must have been really panicking when we were sitting top of the league last season with a good chance of winning it

I know there might not be anyone willing to take-over, but at least put the offer out and see who's willing to come forward, things have to get better than this

In defeat we try and forget

But being victorious we will always remember

C'mon Ye Ton

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really am grateful for all the things that Dougie has done for saving Morton and keeping them afloat year after year, but my patiences has been running thin for far to long now, enough is enough, from finishing second top of the 1st divison last season (our highest since mid 90's) to sitting bottom and not even winning 2 games in a

Wow, that is a lot of "patiences" - 11 games on from finishing 2nd top of the first division.

Wow, that is a lot of "patiences" - 11 games on from finishing 2nd top of the first division.

Am just saying from having a team that looked unstoppable last season, to a team that's wondering if this season has started yet

C'mon Ye Ton

The thing is, it really could be worse. I don't mind specific criticisms of the club, or alternatives offered for the way forward. But I'm not sure I get the point of this general type of call for complete change.

The weirdest bit though, why would dougie be panicking about us going up?

My patiences being, that when Dougie took over he said he'll have morton In the spl in 5 years time

That's the nature of patience though - it's meant to be an endurance!

I'm sure Mr Rae is disappointed at not reaching that 5 year target too, given this was HIS declared ambition.

I was laughing as your original post was pretty contradictory.

I'm surprised you've stuck it so long really...

I really am grateful for all the things that Dougie has done for saving Morton and keeping them afloat year after year, but my patiences has been running thin for far to long now, enough is enough, from finishing second top of the 1st divison last season (our highest since mid 90's) to sitting bottom and not even winning 2 games in a row.

Those players from last season should have been offered a better offer in wages or bonuses, to keep them here, not pay-cuts, shocking to say the least, I can fault them players for moving on, that's a total slap to the face imo, Dougie is holding this club back, he must have been really panicking when we were sitting top of the league last season with a good chance of winning it

I know there might not be anyone willing to take-over, but at least put the offer out and see who's willing to come forward, things have to get better than this

Agreed.  I'd like Rae to put out the feelers just to see if there are any interested parties.  It would be nice to know his intentions with regards to repaying the large debt too.  A clear business plan for the next few years would be welcome too.  

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

The thing is, it really could be worse. I don't mind specific criticisms of the club, or alternatives offered for the way forward. But I'm not sure I get the point of this general type of call for complete change.

The weirdest bit though, why would dougie be panicking about us going up

Douglas Rae is not interested in taking Morton into the Premiership and the sooner the fans realise this the better.

I think your fooling yourself if you think we were that good last season. The jags were comfortable winners in a division of poor quality.

The loss of Tids and Peaso have hurt us but not as much as having an inept manager.

That's the nature of patience though - it's meant to be an endurance!

I'm sure Mr Rae is disappointed at not reaching that 5 year target too, given this was HIS declared ambition.

I was laughing as your original post was pretty contradictory.

I'm surprised you've stuck it so long really...

ok am fed up with dougie being in charge, get my point now, he's holding the club back, he doesn't want us to go up as he's losing money year after year, and it quite clear he has got a clue what he's doing, Moore isn't to blame for this years performances, he had the best morton team last year, that I have seen in many years, and dougie does nothing to persuade these players to stay and build a stronger squad and help introduce the younger players

Stick to running your sweetie empire

C'mon Ye Ton

ok am fed up with dougie being in charge, get my point now, he's holding the club back, he doesn't want us to go up as he's losing money year after year, and it quite clear he has got a clue what he's doing, Moore isn't to blame for this years performances, he had the best morton team last year, that I have seen in many years, and dougie does nothing to persuade these players to stay and build a stronger squad and help introduce the younger players

Stick to running your sweetie empire

Why would he not want to go up because he's losing money? Doesn't make sense. Surely he'd want to (and he does want to) go up to the only league where he can make some of that money back!?

On the budget - it's been done to death on here, but building on or even keeping that squad on the gates that we were getting just wasn't sustainable. It's not Moore's fault he had to rip up that team, I agree there, but I don't think the decision to cut the budget was Rae's "fault" either - it was just the product of necessity.

Archived