Thanks For All You Have Done - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thanks For All You Have Done

cammy

Let me quote you what he CEO of Brondby said about this.

"The beauty of football is that normally in business you have a product and you try to sell it. You listen to the customers. But football is different. The fans, who are also the consumers, are a part of the product. When we sell sponsorship the most important aspect is the atmosphere. This has been demonstrated by two studies we have conducted. Fans are part of the product, they don’t just buy it".

"We know the best way to win friends and keep attracting the big crowds is to entertain the public. And the scoring of goals is the best entertainment in the game."

Hal Stewart

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Threads like these are ridiculous as you are assuming DDR wants to sell the club and you are also assuming there are buyers out there.

St Mirren have been up for sale for a couple of years now. They have a fantastic new stadium, are debt free, have an established team in the Premiership and an infrastructure that we can only be jealous of - yet they remain for sale.

"Oh but Morton are a sleeping giant that are better than Killie, Motherwell and St Mirren" - NO WE ARE NOT! WE ARE A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM THAT WILL HAVE GOOD SEASONS AND BAD SEASONS. We will have the odd fairy tail season like last year where we will challenge; we will have the odd nightmare season where we will fail miserably. Most of the time we will be middle of the road and boring as hell.

If you expect perfection then go support Barcelona; if you want regular glory then join the "best fans in the world" up in Glasgow. We are Greenock Morton and the lows outnumber the highs! You knew this when you signed up for this gig.

I do know all this, but you expect a club to build on success and improve from the season before, not let players go and ask them to take paycuts, morton's running is comical 

In defeat we try and forget

But being victorious we will always remember

C'mon Ye Ton

I do know all this, but you expect a club to build on success and improve from the season before, not let players go and ask them to take paycuts

Difficult in a climate that sees next to no league sponsorship money come in, no TV money trickle down, and only 2000 or so turn up to watch a team competing at the top of the league. There just wasn't the income to support the expenditure. That might change over time with league reconstruction, but even that (1) came along very late in the summer and could not have been budgeted for, (2) is as yet of an undetermined amount, and (3) will only start to come in at the end of this season.

I don't see that we had much choice but to offer new contracts on reduced terms.

I've never seen anyone convince someone of their argument by chucking insults at them.

"is that what you think? Well, this is what I think. It's mad how we all think different stuff, isn't it?"

Who, specifically, is attempting to 'convince' the collection of morons and happy-clappers on here? That's a lost cause.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived