Celtic Game Flag Debate - Page 4 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Celtic Game Flag Debate

BluebirdTon

You're 61. It says so on your profile. You are entitled to a free bus pass. You are a pensioner whether you receive a work pension or not. The word is spelt "film".

Now I'm going to stop talking in sentence fragments as it is quite tedious. After 61 years you still haven't learned how the English language works; that really is quite embarrassing! Don't get me started on double-spacing after full stops, that became outdated a decade ago...

You are clearly wound up or you wouldn't keep responding, and certainly not throwing childish insults at people half your age, swearing (albeit mildly) and writing in a semi-literate manner.

I don't think you quite understand the concept of "pensioner". Last time I checked, 65 was the age to qualify for a state pension. A pensioner is someone who receives a pension. I don't. Is that simple enough for you? Being eligible for a bus pass doesn't make you a pensioner. Movie, film? Why is that even worth commenting on?

I speak and write English perfectly well thank you very much and I don't need any lessons from you, that's certain. I wouldn't dream of getting you started on double spacing after full stops, but what on earth is the relevance of that to anything and if that's the way it was when I learned to type, what's the problem? It makes reading text easier. Are you a bit OCD or something? As for someone referring to me as "old" then playing the "half your age" defence, do I detect a smidgen of hypocrisy there? As for swearing, if you are referring to my use of the word keech, it is not a swear word; it's a good Scottish word.

Let's just agree to differ. You're the one who seems to be getting somewhat wound up, and wound up by some extremely trivial things it would seem. As I said, use the ignore facility. I quite like double spaces. . .

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course people can take whatever flag along to Cappielow. That's their prerogative. However generally people take flags that represent the colours of their team, or, for example this season, a Slovakian flag. To get back to the post that started this off, BBT posted a large UJ, presumably as a wind up. Why? In terms of football that flag represents Celtic's deadly rivals. Would BBT have posted a tricolour if we had been drawn against Rangers (I know they are already out the cup)? Somehow I doubt it. I posted another pic as my own wind up.

I'm not using Morton to promote anything - for a start I didn't set up a Morton Supporters for Independence FB page, I merely "liked" it. If you feel so strongly about it, take it up with whoever set up the page, and while you are at it, maybe you should also complain to those who set up similar pages for a lot of other YES-voting supporters of other clubs. Maybe you should complain about Yes Inverclyde - how dare they use Inverclyde to promote their political agenda! Feel free to join any No-supporting organisations or groups online or offline if you want - I'm sure there will be a Morton Supporters for Dependence group somewhere...

I think you are conflating 2 issues here, and maybe I've also allowed the dichotomy to become blurred. The first issue is football, the colours that represent Morton FC, and the colours that DON'T represent Morton FC. (BTW would it be OK if someone brought a black and white flag to games - would you not think that a wee bit odd too?). The second issue is politics. They are not actually linked directly, other than that fans of clubs have various political views. I'm in favour of independence; you're in favour of dependence. Doesn't mean we're not both going to be going mental if Morton score at Parkhead.

BTW it's irrelevant really but the bit you had in red wasn't "back a couple of pages", it was online for only a few seconds before I edited it out, so either you monitor everything as it is posted and copy it on a constant basis or you have access to cached material.

Let me know how you get on with your "Morton Unionists" group. :)

You and I hold different views, end of story.

Anyway, this thread is supposed to be about a cup tie. Let's get back to the topic.

Have you read a single word I've typed?

In spite of my views I've got no interest in attaching my politics to my football, why would I form a Morton Unionists group? And regarding other supporters' groups or Yes Inverclyde- I don't support any other clubs and I'm not from Inverclyde, so why would that affect me personally? Whilst I disagree with the principle of them I am however a Morton supporter, hence object to being labelled as something I'm not on the basis of the football team I support. My views on the page were brought up, in detail on the thread I linked.

Your point about club colours are also ridiculous- This season, Celtic, Motherwell, Hibernian and St. Johnstone have all qualified for Europe from these shores. Only St. Johnstone wear blue and white. Would that give the supporters of the other three cause to object to Saltires being flown on their travels because that isn't part of their clubs' "symbolism"? You allude to us carrying a black and white flag. There would be no reason to, but I wouldn't imagine the St. Mirren fans would object to a blue and white Saltire in spite of it being "Morton" colours. In the same way, if a Morton fan wishes to carry what he sees as the flag of his country, even if it doesn't match the club's colours, then that's entirely his perogative.

I've got no access to cached material. I do however have a wee two wee arrow buttons at the top left hand corner of my screen which allow me to scroll through pages I've previously viewed- one of which fortunately included your deleted hypocritical nonsense about other folk's views blighting society and Morton's symbolism. It's not rocket science.

In football terms, the Union Flag to me doesn't represent Celtic's deadliest rivals. To me it represents the United Kingdom and has nothing to do with football, whilst the St. Andrew's Cross represents Scotland, the St. George's Cross represents England etc. etc...

If you feel the need to attach politics to particular football clubs in such a way, it's little wonder that I'm not the only one who can see you're getting further and further into a hole and continuing to dig deeper and deeper.

Alibi hasn't looked like this much of a tit since letting a Lucozade-guzzling Walter Mitty run rings around his business.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

You know the s*** has really hit the fan when Thornton calls someone tedious before going on a rant about the we of the English language.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Alibi hasn't looked like this much of a tit since letting a Lucozade-guzzling Walter Mitty run rings around his business.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ scrambling for schadenfreude (note the double spacing, Thornton) :)

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Feeling like a total fanny yet?

No, but feel free to tell us what it feels like.

Aye, something you'll never aspire to. :lol:

Hate to go all ThornTON on the thread, but seeing as it's yourself - 'aspire to' is synonomous with ambition, not success. So if I never "aspire to" get conned by a chain-smoking freak of nature, that's entirely my preference and nothing to do with my actual activities.

Stop using words you don't understand and this won't happen again. Unlucky.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

This thread is an excellent example of why something should be done about the trolling on this forum. So often it's the catalyst for threads breaking down into pointless bickering and name calling. Unless that's what we want this forum to be, and I'm guessing the majority (and the many who already left long ago) don't.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't have debates about things like what flags should be waved at Morton matches, but if you want to do it in such a childish and inflammatory manner it belongs somewhere else (perhaps somewhere in general nonsense).

It's nice for BBT that he has his own wee band of 'Beliebers' You can add Largston to that wee happy group, surprisingly. :huh:

Yeah, I was surprised about that as well.

You seem obsessed by the age of Alibi (to the point of being ageist :o ) I dont recall him ever berating you or anyone else on the basis of posting immature/juvenile rants.

As for pulling him up for his spacing - WTF :lol:

Thornton is officially amazing though...

Daily Mash

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Fukc me, nearly wet myself at this comment from the biggest wind up merchant on here. You have to be the biggest self righteous arse on the msg board.

Nice to see you've crawled back out from under your rock. Been busy living that wonderfully fulfilled life of your's or hoping that the embarrassment you suffered when everyone rounded on you the other week would be forgotten about as that particular thread dropped down the board?

I think we all know it's the latter ^_^ .

No.

Probably your best post on this thread tbh and nice to see you're following TAFKAC's advice, albeit belatedly. Rather than digging yourself deeper, kill the debate stone dead with a one word answer and move on. A change in tact from your usual move of telling a shite joke in the hope that the debate will move in a different direction. Well played.

Probably your best post on this thread tbh and nice to see you're following TAFKAC's advice, albeit belatedly. Rather than digging yourself deeper, kill the debate stone dead with a one word answer and move on. A change in tact from your usual move of telling a shite joke in the hope that the debate will move in a different direction. Well played.

Nothing to do with TAFKAC. It's simply that realised there's no point in having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. You can decide for yourself to whom you think I am referring.

Archived