Spfl Championship Transfers - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Spfl Championship Transfers

ThornTON

I know where you're coming from but without knocking them a lot of these guys have no other real skills apart from football and a wage like this is still better than what they would be getting at a similar age in a full time job.

I don't think it's an easy life but it's certainly a lot easier than a guy getting up at the crack of dawn to brush streets in the cold and rain and still for more money. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that although it's not ideal it is still a decent wage for a job most people would love to do and in the grand scheme of things isn't a bad life even though they might not get the luxuries footballers at other levels have.

I don't think we're a long way apart on this.

My only concern is that we don't spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar as the saying goes - that Top 8 in the squad are crucial because not only are they the senior spine to the team they are also the role-models and on-field mentors to what will otherwise be a young squad.

On balance I'm behind the new structure, acknowledging it has to be seen as a long term idea. Just worried that we need to make absolutely sure we can get the right players into that Top 8.

I still wonder whether offering the younger Top 8 players contracts longer than a year might go some way to offsetting what appears to be a pay cut for some of them?

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Raith have signed Morton target Kevin Moon.

Oh well another target is it maybe we are not offering enough money to these players or is that they see there is not much ambition at the club next season.

B)-->

QUOTE(big B @ May 28 2013, 08:30 PM) 925550[/snapback]
Oh well another target is it maybe we are not offering enough money to these players or is that they see there is not much ambition at the club next season.

Would you re-locate or do a daily 180 mile round trip for £300-£400 a week?

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

QUOTE(big B @ May 28 2013, 08:30 PM) 925550[/snapback]Oh well another target is it maybe we are not offering enough money to these players or is that they see there is not much ambition at the club next season.

Would you re-locate or do a daily 180 mile round trip for £300-£400 a week?

How where does he stay?

Archived