Cappie Stolen. - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Cappie Stolen.

Madton

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our Insurance premiums must be sky high! Surely we can secure the place to a suitable level, this has been going on for as long as I can recall.

The PA system is in a wee sort of lean to shack on the front of the stand. It has a pretty solid door and always looked quite secure to me so it must have been pretty well equipped guys who managed to break in. The door would not have been capable of being kicked in.

RIP Cappie. :(

Sad thing is its probably too expensive to replace in the meantime.

"Page three girls get you excited,

You support Rangers and Man United,

All you do is take up space,

With a stupid look, on your stupid face."

The PA system is in a wee sort of lean to shack on the front of the stand. It has a pretty solid door and always looked quite secure to me so it must have been pretty well equipped guys who managed to break in. The door would not have been capable of being kicked in.

But why is there no Alarm fitted or if there is, why was it not active, surely that would be an inexpensive solution. Inverclyde Now says that the break-in took place between the 24th and 30th September. I thought there was staff on most days, should it not have been noticed sooner.

Should it not be "kidnapped" rather than "stolen"? Or maybe that should be catnapped.

What's Crawford Rae going to wear to the game on Saturday now?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

But why is there no Alarm fitted or if there is, why was it not active, surely that would be an inexpensive solution. Inverclyde Now says that the break-in took place between the 24th and 30th September. I thought there was staff on most days, should it not have been noticed sooner.

or maybe the person who reported to the polis is the same one that replies to the emails <_>

Show Racism the Red Card

Should it not be "kidnapped" rather than "stolen"? Or maybe that should be catnapped.

What's Crawford Rae going to wear to the game on Saturday now?

Crooks broke into the ground and the stadium tannoy room and made off with the public announcement - PA - system as well as the Cappie the Cat costume, which was dismembered.

:unsure:

I think I'll maybe not bother with a pie this Saturday. Just saying.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

The amount of break-ins at Cappielow is beyond a joke. The potential for extreme vandalism is a real worry.

On a different note, this is a possible solution to the halftime entertainment debate that was going on. I'd like to suggest the creation of three or four further characters - the wee ned ****s - that Cappie, cheered on by the fans, gets to chase around the pitch before kicking lumps out of them.

wl545_the_shining_c_aaa.jpg

Of course I'm happy

Think they got that bit wrong, it happened over the weekend. Between close up on Friday and Monday Morning.

Edit to add: Does anyone know where Tonasauras was at the at the time? Maybe the jealousy got the better of him!

"Page three girls get you excited,

You support Rangers and Man United,

All you do is take up space,

With a stupid look, on your stupid face."

There's an electric steel roller shutter over the door as well. As you say, they must have been well tooled up for the job!

The Paisley panda has been taken in for questioning...

Archived