Cappie Stolen. - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Cappie Stolen.

Madton

I heard by sheer coincedince Tonasarius Was seen on Sinclair' street area then the dock area also been rumoured he was seen throwing a large bag into the clyde .

So is this his chance to make his comeback and inspire the team on to promotion

Pat. G

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a total Bah! Humbug when it comes to this kinda stuff. But I know it's for the kids so I'll live with it and I hope they find his remains intact so that he can be given a decent burial etc.

Maybe someone will break into the Mae Hughes School of Dance and nick their uniforms so we don't have to put up with that embarrassment every 2 weeks.

I saw something on a Morton Facebook page the other day and it had a picture of cappies head.

It said underneath:

"Some fan found cappies head in their front garden this morning RIP CAPPIE THE CAT"

Guess it was stolen then thrown away. Wanks.

Official Statement from GMFC

Regrettably, we have had another break in at Cappielow.

The culprits forced a security shutter to gain entry to the tannoy room, and removed nearly all of the PA equipment for the stadium while also stripping out all of the cabling and wiring.

This will obviously be costly to replace, and will take time to get the required replacement parts and components. The loss of the PA system also has other implications, as it is a necessity on match days to ensure that the Club can meet our responsibilities with regards to the safety of supporters attending the game. We are currently working to ensure that we are able to have at least a basic PA system in place for this weekends match against Partick Thistle so that things can go ahead as scheduled despite this major set-back.

The PA system, however, was not the only loss to the Club at the weekend. Our Club Mascot, Cappie The Cat, was also stolen. The cold-hearted thieves dumped Cappie’s head in a local garden however his body has yet to be recovered. We can only hope that our younger fans won’t be too distressed by his absence from the game on Saturday. Any information regarding Cappie’s disappearance would be much appreciated so that we can hopefully get him home where he belongs �#8220; if you can help with this, or the whereabouts of the missing PA equipment, please contact the Club on 01475 723571 or email us at info@gmfc.net.

http://gmfc.net/News/&action=fullnews&id=768

WHEREVER IT TAKES US- WHATEVER IT TAKES

Official Statement from GMFC

Regrettably, we have had another break in at Cappielow.

The culprits forced a security shutter to gain entry to the tannoy room, and removed nearly all of the PA equipment for the stadium while also stripping out all of the cabling and wiring.

This will obviously be costly to replace, and will take time to get the required replacement parts and components. The loss of the PA system also has other implications, as it is a necessity on match days to ensure that the Club can meet our responsibilities with regards to the safety of supporters attending the game. We are currently working to ensure that we are able to have at least a basic PA system in place for this weekends match against Partick Thistle so that things can go ahead as scheduled despite this major set-back.

The PA system, however, was not the only loss to the Club at the weekend. Our Club Mascot, Cappie The Cat, was also stolen. The cold-hearted thieves dumped Cappie’s head in a local garden however his body has yet to be recovered. We can only hope that our younger fans won’t be too distressed by his absence from the game on Saturday. Any information regarding Cappie’s disappearance would be much appreciated so that we can hopefully get him home where he belongs �#8220; if you can help with this, or the whereabouts of the missing PA equipment, please contact the Club on 01475 723571 or email us at info@gmfc.net.

http://gmfc.net/News/&action=fullnews&id=768

Decappietation?

It was always going to be a case of what's happening the next time, I'm afraid Mr Rae will have to fork out on the security front.

It wouldnt cost a fortune to have the vulnerable points covered by cctv ? (When you consider the losses to vandalism/theft in recent times. ) Just a passing thought... Is the shed etc still monitored during matches ?

Show Racism the Red Card

I'm a total Bah! Humbug when it comes to this kinda stuff. But I know it's for the kids so I'll live with it and I hope they find his remains intact so that he can be given a decent burial etc.

Maybe someone will break into the Mae Hughes School of Dance and nick their uniforms so we don't have to put up with that embarrassment every 2 weeks.

:huh: You want them in the buff?

But why is there no Alarm fitted or if there is, why was it not active, surely that would be an inexpensive solution. Inverclyde Now says that the break-in took place between the 24th and 30th September. I thought there was staff on most days, should it not have been noticed sooner.

In all honestly, how many people pay the blindest bit of notice to an alarm (burglar or otherwise)?

It's a joke that the ground is so easy to get in to, but the cost of making it secure would be ridiculously prohibitive. We'd probably find that the ground has very limited insurance. It's not secure and the stand is made of wood, who the hell would insure such a fire risk, which has been burgled so often, in the middle of a high risk post code? :unsure:

In all honestly, how many people pay the blindest bit of notice to an alarm (burglar or otherwise)?

It's a joke that the ground is so easy to get in to, but the cost of making it secure would be ridiculously prohibitive. We'd probably find that the ground has very limited insurance. It's not secure and the stand is made of wood, who the hell would insure such a fire risk, which has been burgled so often, in the middle of a high risk post code? :unsure:

A couple of camera pointing at places where things are stored and an alarm would at least be a step forward and discourage the local neds - we can't just keep on throwing away money because they're not 100% effective.

****sake, CCTV etc just means the police need to be involved and as we all the no the police are idiots. So that is a waste of time.

When i worked in TK Maxx in Phoenix Retail Park beside Ferguslie Park, the security guard "madguard" and his son, had an array of weapons in their coats ranging from police batons to chisels. I reckon we should employ something of a similiar nature :ph34r:

****sake, CCTV etc just means the police need to be involved and as we all the no the police are idiots. So that is a waste of time.

When i worked in TK Maxx in Phoenix Retail Park beside Ferguslie Park, the security guard "madguard" and his son, had an array of weapons in their coats ranging from police batons to chisels. I reckon we should employ something of a similiar nature :ph34r:

I'm trying, and failing, to decide which of your two points is the most moronic.

Either way, you are a complete idiot. <_>

HHkTu1F.jpg

Archived