Mr Rae's Dilema - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mr Rae's Dilema

BishopTon

Moore to go before October  

56 members have voted

1. 1. How long to we give Moore

• Now - its inevitable the guy is clueless
    • Wait till October, when we are bottom by miles
    • Wait till Christmas when we are already playing in Division 2
    • Don't be silly He's doing a great job...

Morton have won two of out last fifteen league matches and three of our last twenty (including the whole second half of last season). So while I'm comfortable with how we've started so far and the strength of our squad, it's hardly a knee-jerk reaction for questions to be asked.

That's a pretty shocking statistic... didn't realise just how bad the results have been.

Results must improve, September could be make or break for Moore. Morton, on paper, have a great chance to pick up several wins... then things get tougher in October. If September is bad, Moore has to go.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was there a long time ago.

Cowshed is full of clueless morons.

I think for cowshed you meant dugout. I want to see more than a 15-20% win ratio from a manager. Moore should have gone in March or the summer, he has continued to fail this season, the Aberdeen game result should be ignored, let see what the next 3 league games after that bring, less than 6 points and he must go, October will be tough so getting points on the board now is a must.

Being up in a game then dropping points is clearly down to poor tactics and substitutions, he cannot keeping on blaming the team, as it is not the same one as last year.

Just bounce if you hate St Mirren

I dont want him sacked i think he will come good, But his style of 4-5-1 is rubbish. And if hes gonna take 60mins into a match to change things then we might as well turn up at half time. We want entertaining football at home and this will put bums on seats, Rae is always banging on abt bring a friend, Well we would all try and bring a friend if there was some entertainment on offer.

Davie

His style of 4-4-2 is rubbish as well. The upside of the 4-5-1 is that we haven't actually lost many games that we've used that formation in (during part of the 2010/11 season and this season). But it doesn't matter what formation we play, if we don't play with intensity and togetherness then we're not going to be successful; and those things have been lacking in Moore's whole time with us.

IMO our players are perfectly suited to a variation of 4-5-1. It suits Graham and Obri who can get forward more freely, it suits Tidser who is given more protection in the midfield and I believe it will suit Fred too. But if they don't play as a unit and don't get midfield players forward to support quickly enough, then it not going to work. But at least it's more solid than the 4-4-2.

Home form needs sorted quickly. We've only beaten Deveronvale, Ayr, Partick and Albion at home since September. It's no surprise the fans are staying away.

Home form needs sorted quickly. We've only beaten Deveronvale, Ayr, Partick and Albion at home since September. It's no surprise the fans are staying away.

I think that says it all.... The last couple of posts should hopefully bring it home to folk how bad we have become under Allan Moore he does not deserve more than 1 more month to turn it round

We have been a managerial merry go round mostly because we have repeatedly employed flumps as managers, to be honest Moore always had Stirling organised when we played them which baffles me even more why he is so bad with a full time team...

Just bounce if you hate St Mirren

His style of 4-4-2 is rubbish as well. The upside of the 4-5-1 is that we haven't actually lost many games that we've used that formation in (during part of the 2010/11 season and this season). But it doesn't matter what formation we play, if we don't play with intensity and togetherness then we're not going to be successful; and those things have been lacking in Moore's whole time with us.

IMO our players are perfectly suited to a variation of 4-5-1. It suits Graham and Obri who can get forward more freely, it suits Tidser who is given more protection in the midfield and I believe it will suit Fred too. But if they don't play as a unit and don't get midfield players forward to support quickly enough, then it not going to work. But at least it's more solid than the 4-4-2.

I agree with quite alot of what uve said there tbh, What im saying is 4-5-1 is'nt a bad formation, It the way he plays that formation. Example the midfield is being totally missed out and is expect to win any knock ons or the 2nd ball off big peter or the centre half, We have good players in the middle of the park so why lump the ball up the park and miss them out?. Also we a playing 1 up front and hes not playing as a striker, Peter is a target man in that role and he wont score many goals this year in the role hes playing. It's our midfield thats expected to score which worries me, Hence why i would much prefer to see us playing with 2 or 3 forwards. A striker to support big Peter.

Davie

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Live Sports - MyP2P

Check the Forum for Baseball Listings as MLB is no longer aloud on Sopcast

to be honest Moore always had Stirling organised when we played them which baffles me even more why he is so bad with a full time team...

You are spot on with that and he also seemed to be able to change a game at half-time with tactical changes.

I was really keen to have him appointed even before the Irons' era and still think he will come good, but this season is make or break for him.

I think that the supporters who "rubbish" him are off the mark since what was a promising start to last season was completely shot by a string of injuries to crucial players which no-one could have predicted. He seems to have learned from that and apart from the missing poacher/striker the squad has strength in depth.

Vikington's statistic above shows quite clearly why Cappielow is so quiet and lacking enthusiasm these days but the crowd can make a big difference.

Everyone at Cappielow needs to raise their game!

What's the minimum acceptable points tally after the first quater if we are going to look to challange for the league?

19/20? Leaves Moore needing 6 wins from our next 7 games.

Ross County had 7 points after six games last season ...........................not that I am suggesting we should be in any way satisfied to match that!

Why would we need 20 points from one quarter in a league that takes 60 points to make a strong challenge? Why would a washed-up dud like Gus McPherson (who got his last side at this level relegated below Ayr United) be considered for a not yet vacant role?

Lunatics, asylum, etc. :wacko:

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

You are spot on with that and he also seemed to be able to change a game at half-time with tactical changes.

I was really keen to have him appointed even before the Irons' era and still think he will come good, but this season is make or break for him.

I think that the supporters who "rubbish" him are off the mark since what was a promising start to last season was completely shot by a string of injuries to crucial players which no-one could have predicted. He seems to have learned from that and apart from the missing poacher/striker the squad has strength in depth.

Vikington's statistic above shows quite clearly why Cappielow is so quiet and lacking enthusiasm these days but the crowd can make a big difference.

Everyone at Cappielow needs to raise their game!

It is a 2 way street the team have got to give the crowd someting to get them going ultimatley something they have not being doing, i.e. look at the QOS fans last Tuesday night pretty quiet until they scored then got right behind their team.

Why would we need 20 points from one quarter in a league that takes 60 points to make a strong challenge? Why would a washed-up dud like Gus McPherson (who got his last side at this level relegated below Ayr United) be considered for a not yet vacant role?

Lunatics, asylum, etc. :wacko:

Although I don't think it would happen but McPherson would not be a bad shout Qos were a bad team last season. He has been over the course before and kept the Midden in the top flight and a Cup finaland he knows how to organise his team.

Lost a cup final to nine men, and again, managed to finish below Ayr United last season.

Damaged goods would be putting it mildly, never mind his utterly turgid style of football which makes the current team look like Brazil 1970 reincarnate.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

8 out of the 11 who started on Saturday are new players for Morton this season.

New to Morton, new to the manager, new to each other, playing a new system etc etc

Like anything, it'll take time for everything to gel.

To call for the managers head is very unreasonable (to say the least).

I remain optimistic that if we stay clear of injuries & suspensions, then this will be a good season as a Ton fan

I can see him being away by the end of September if results don't improve.Who replaces him.?.Gus McPherson is unemployed at the moment.Interesting times ahead.

I am not advocating getting rid of Moore but put simply, he has maybe the best squad in the league at present except upfront and so he has to now deliver. His record at Cappielow is not acceptable and must change starting this coming Saturday against Falkirk. I'll not hold getting beat from Aberdeen against him unless its a humiliation.

I am also not against 4-5-1 if it is played properly and, as others have pointed out it worked for Hamilton and Ross County. Difference between us and those teams was/is Colin McMenamim and Richard Offiong. If we can't get a decent striker in who can play the lone striker role, the rest of the squad will only keep us mid table.

8 out of the 11 who started on Saturday are new players for Morton this season.

New to Morton, new to the manager, new to each other, playing a new system etc etc

Like anything, it'll take time for everything to gel.

To call for the managers head is very unreasonable (to say the least).

I remain optimistic that if we stay clear of injuries & suspensions, then this will be a good season as a Ton fan

It's easily argued that 8 of the 11 are new players because his team were an abject failure last season.

It's easily argued that 8 of the 11 are new players because his team were an abject failure last season.

Clearly. Moore got new bodies in because the last lot didn't cut the mustard.

I don't think anyone is disputing that, given the early season promise, last season really went down the pan. Though ultimately there wasn't much between a lot of the teams last season, excluding Ross County.

My point wasn't about last season though. It was merely to recognise that it will take time for the new crop of players to gel together.

It would be unfair not to give them (the players, management etc) that time.

Clearly. Moore got new bodies in because the last lot didn't cut the mustard.

I don't think anyone is disputing that, given the early season promise, last season really went down the pan. Though ultimately there wasn't much between a lot of the teams last season, excluding Ross County.

My point wasn't about last season though. It was merely to recognise that it will take time for the new crop of players to gel together.

It would be unfair not to give them (the players, management etc) that time.

Yeah I know what you mean and I think now that we've given him the opportunity to sign players we need to give him the backing for a month or so to see what he does. My point though is that he shouldn't have been given that chance because it was his players and his team that failed and the fact that so many changes were needed is his fault.

The good start last season backs up what I've said before - tactically he isn't that aware and other teams can adapt easily. It was seen over the course of the season and also in a lot of games where teams change and Moore can't cope with it.

I'd love him to prove me wrong as we have a great squad this year but I just can't see it and it would be a big surprise given all the evidence to show he's not up to it.

Yeah I know what you mean and I think now that we've given him the opportunity to sign players we need to give him the backing for a month or so to see what he does. My point though is that he shouldn't have been given that chance because it was his players and his team that failed and the fact that so many changes were needed is his fault.

The good start last season backs up what I've said before - tactically he isn't that aware and other teams can adapt easily. It was seen over the course of the season and also in a lot of games where teams change and Moore can't cope with it.

I'd love him to prove me wrong as we have a great squad this year but I just can't see it and it would be a big surprise given all the evidence to show he's not up to it.

:wub:

I am not advocating getting rid of Moore but put simply, he has maybe the best squad in the league at present except upfront and so he has to now deliver. His record at Cappielow is not acceptable and must change starting this coming Saturday against Falkirk.

As everyone knows, he's only managed at Stirling before (for a long time). OK he got them into the First Division but they went straight back down the following season. Maybe 'Ton need a manager with a broader managerial experience.

I would have picked Jimmy Calderwood instead of the Moore appointment.

Archived