Mr Rae's Dilema - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mr Rae's Dilema

BishopTon

Moore to go before October  

56 members have voted

1. 1. How long to we give Moore

• Now - its inevitable the guy is clueless
    • Wait till October, when we are bottom by miles
    • Wait till Christmas when we are already playing in Division 2
    • Don't be silly He's doing a great job...

you are naughty ^_^

Could not resist fishing for for a bite from all the ostriches.

The manager is clueless can we please all just accept it now.

Let's defend against 10 men with potentially one of the best squads in Div 1 = Mr Rae please fire me I am a muppet

Just bounce if you hate St Mirren

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sack him tonight!! Wallace playing centre mid? Stephen Stirling has been a passenger the past 3 games yet stays on the park! Taggart centre back? Oware is a complete waste of space, weatherson should of dropped back to play with mensing bringing on Archie.

There is no other manager in the league with anywhere near te budget he's got, got of choice of practically any player at this level he wants. Yet he still can't do it, Dougie Rae must of realised last season that his tactics nd substations are terrible. He has now made 3 teams nd we still aren't any further forward.

Sick is not the word.

Sack him tonight!! Wallace playing centre mid? Stephen Stirling has been a passenger the past 3 games yet stays on the park! Taggart centre back? Oware is a complete waste of space, weatherson should of dropped back to play with mensing bringing on Archie.

There is no other manager in the league with anywhere near te budget he's got, got of choice of practically any player at this level he wants. Yet he still can't do it, Dougie Rae must of realised last season that his tactics nd substations are terrible. He has now made 3 teams nd we still aren't any further forward.

Sick is not the word.

The season has hardly even started!!

And we haven't won a game, forget about the easy stirling nd albion games! We didn't even look great against Albion either!

And? We haven't lost? Livingston we should have won. Today yes against 10 men for 40 minutes we should be pushing for a second but it's a point!

And? We haven't lost? Livingston we should have won. Today yes against 10 men for 40 minutes we should be pushing for a second but it's a point!

Lost to qos? How can you accept drawing today? We dominated most of the game nd even against 11 men I'd of been disappointed with a point.

Could not resist fishing for for a bite from all the ostriches.

The manager is clueless can we please all just accept it now.

Let's defend against 10 men with potentially one of the best squads in Div 1 = Mr Rae please fire me I am a muppet

This thread is an embarrassment and the poll options are a joke. The last two competitive games have been dissapointing but get a grip and give the team some backing as a 12th man the Morton support are shocking.

and give the team some backing as a 12th man the Morton support are shocking.

That's the problem, we do give them our backing by going to games and supporting the team but how we are expected to feel after inept performances and managerial decisions like today? We can't be happy clappy all the time.

This thread is an embarrassment and the poll options are a joke. The last two competitive games have been dissapointing but get a grip and give the team some backing as a 12th man the Morton support are shocking.

Could not agree more! It's an almost completely new team and we are missing some key players.

Ross County's first six games last season, 4 at home and 2 away gave them exactly 7 points as shown below ( The second last figure in the line across is league position after each game) and they went on to walk away with the league title. I'm not suggesting we will do that but let's keep some sense of perspective.

06.08.2011 Morton home D0-0 6 1

13.08.2011 Hamilton Academical away L1-5 9 1

20.08.2011 Queen of the South home W2-0 7 4

27.08.2011 Falkirk away D1-1 7 5

10.09.2011 Partick Thistle home D2-2 7 6

17.09.2011 Livingston home D1-1 8 7

That's the problem, we do give them our backing by going to games and supporting the team but how we are expected to feel after inept performances and managerial decisions like today? We can't be happy clappy all the time.

I'm sure everybody is dissapointed after todays result but how does shouting for the managers head this early in the season help?

I'm sure everybody is dissapointed after todays result but how does shouting for the managers head this early in the season help?

Cos he couldn't see what the fans could see today - which was that he had to change the formation and tactics for us to take anything from the game. Or maybe could see it and just couldn't be bothered changing it.

Well I am sorry it is not we have been excepting the crap performances over the last 2 seasons we have now assembled the best squad we have had for years and yet he plays 1 up front against 10 men. NOT GOOD ENOUGH as he will find out sooner rather than later because I don't think Rae will give him the chance if we are not at least top 3 come the end of October. Rae wants the fans back at Cappielow it is never going to happen playing 1 man upfront certinlay not at home.

Am a bit surprised at this tbh. Don't detect an appetite for it on the terraces.

Obviously 100% of fans will never be happy. We could have Jose Mourinho as manager and we'd still have something like this cropping up all the time.

I'm not a big fan of sacking managers. Ok, some run their course and / or lose the dressing room and there's no alternative, but in the main they are honest professionals doing the best they can.

Remember this is competitive sport, and even if you had a league with Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger, Dalglish, Moyes, O'Neill, Hiddink, Guardiola, Smith, Lowe etc all managing teams - someone would still be bottom.

Sacking managers is reactive, simply because it's something that can be done that is relatively simple. i.e. you can't sack 8 players and get 8 replacements quite as easilly (although that would probably make more sense).

Also - people have commented that Dougie aint got a great record of bringing in managers. Arguably the only 'exciting' manager we had was Grady who had a great eye for a player, but whom Rae decided against keeping for some reason. We've also had Jim McInally, Davie Irons, Peter Cormack, Dave McPherson, John McCormack - none of whom who have gone on to greater things.

So why this time are we suddenly going to hire the next Derek Adams or Derek McInnes?

ps I didn't bother voting in the poll as there was no option for 'there's no point voting in this poll'

Am a bit surprised at this tbh. Don't detect an appetite for it on the terraces.

Obviously 100% of fans will never be happy. We could have Jose Mourinho as manager and we'd still have something like this cropping up all the time.

I'm not a big fan of sacking managers. Ok, some run their course and / or lose the dressing room and there's no alternative, but in the main they are honest professionals doing the best they can.

Remember this is competitive sport, and even if you had a league with Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger, Dalglish, Moyes, O'Neill, Hiddink, Guardiola, Smith, Lowe etc all managing teams - someone would still be bottom.

Sacking managers is reactive, simply because it's something that can be done that is relatively simple. i.e. you can't sack 8 players and get 8 replacements quite as easilly (although that would probably make more sense).

Also - people have commented that Dougie aint got a great record of bringing in managers. Arguably the only 'exciting' manager we had was Grady who had a great eye for a player, but whom Rae decided against keeping for some reason. We've also had Jim McInally, Davie Irons, Peter Cormack, Dave McPherson, John McCormack - none of whom who have gone on to greater things.

So why this time are we suddenly going to hire the next Derek Adams or Derek McInnes?

ps I didn't bother voting in the poll as there was no option for 'there's no point voting in this poll'

Agreed our recent history with knee jerk reactions to managers being sacked has got us nowhere. We have given Moore the budget and now we need to give him time to work with the team and get the best out of them rather than greeting that we've had two draws and a loss in the last 3 games.

Morton have always had elements of the support who have been dissatisfied with managers even in the McGraw/Wilson era there was a concerted 'sack the board' campaign and many disliked Mcgraw in a time when we were a reasonably successful, attacking and decent to watch 1st division outfit. You can't please all of the poeple all of the time unfortunately this forum gives a platform for dissenters to find like minded fans and nurture a campaign to get them out.

Every manager I've known has had a group campaining to get rid of them but the most success we've had in the last 30 years has been when we've stuck with a manager who can impose his philosophy onto a group of players and get them playing for the cause. This won't happen by changing managers every two years.

I'm not a happy clapper, I'm not happy with today's result or midweek either, I'm not convinced that 4-5-1 will bring the punters back but I don't think rounding on the players and management will help the situation.

Agreed our recent history with knee jerk reactions to managers being sacked has got us nowhere. We have given Moore the budget and now we need to give him time to work with the team and get the best out of them rather than greeting that we've had two draws and a loss in the last 3 games.

Morton have always had elements of the support who have been dissatisfied with managers even in the McGraw/Wilson era there was a concerted 'sack the board' campaign and many disliked Mcgraw in a time when we were a reasonably successful, attacking and decent to watch 1st division outfit. You can't please all of the poeple all of the time unfortunately this forum gives a platform for dissenters to find like minded fans and nurture a campaign to get them out.

Every manager I've known has had a group campaining to get rid of them but the most success we've had in the last 30 years has been when we've stuck with a manager who can impose his philosophy onto a group of players and get them playing for the cause. This won't happen by changing managers every two years.

I'm not a happy clapper, I'm not happy with today's result or midweek either, I'm not convinced that 4-5-1 will bring the punters back but I don't think rounding on the players and management will help the situation.

^^ this

well said

we must have the highest manager turnover for any SFL side in the last 20 odd years

time for some stability and lets see where that takes us

We weren't reasonably successful then. We had one promotion to the Premier, a few flirtations with relegation, two relegations, until Cormack came in & we signed the Finns. There followed two good seasons & then another couple of flirts with relegation until Stark took over.

When McGraw took over we still had the expectation of being a Premier team having spent 6 of the previous 7 seasons in the top division, by the time he left, our expectations were suitably downgraded as of course he was always telling us we were just a wee team, well that's what we've been ever since.

I'd love to have you both for dinner

B)-->

QUOTE(big B @ Aug 18 2012, 07:09 PM) 880834[/snapback]
Well I am sorry it is not we have been excepting the crap performances over the last 2 seasons we have now assembled the best squad we have had for years and yet he plays 1 up front against 10 men. NOT GOOD ENOUGH as he will find out sooner rather than later because I don't think Rae will give him the chance if we are not at least top 3 come the end of October. Rae wants the fans back at Cappielow it is never going to happen playing 1 man upfront certinlay not at home.

Totally agree although with the players we now have, I have some hope Moore can turn this around, See the bigger picture adjust his system and tactics and get us playing attractive football. We have the players to do so, I know we are 2 games into the league campaign but this is Moores last chance. As my Dad said Moore seems to have learned nothing over the last 2 seasons, Maybe his level is as a 2nd division manager. I hope he proves me wrong i really do i actualy like the guy but a blind man could see his style of play and tactics aint working. And only he while hes in charge can do anything to change that.

Davie

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Live Sports - MyP2P

Check the Forum for Baseball Listings as MLB is no longer aloud on Sopcast

Sick is not the word.

I'm far from convinced by Moore, but I disagree with pretty much all of that. Wallace always played in central midfield for Dumbarton, Weatherson should never be anywhere near the defence, and we're not paying crazy money like the McInally and Irons eras any more; you really think we have a significantly larger budget than Dunfermline and Falkirk, for example?

While I feel it'd be ridiculous to sack Moore now - we're two league games into the season for ****s sake, if he was to be sacked it would have been in the summer and we now have to give him some time - I don't feel that's a valid argument against sacking a manager. No, I don't have much faith in Rae appointing the right manager, but if a manager is failing badly you don't persist with them on those grounds. If the manager clearly isn't good enough, the manager has to go.

Also, there was nothing exciting about James Grady. Rae probably decided against keeping him on the grounds that he clearly had no tactical knowledge whatsoever, which is why he's gone on to greater things in being a pundit on Radio Clyde.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Morton have won two of out last fifteen league matches and three of our last twenty (including the whole second half of last season). So while I'm comfortable with how we've started so far and the strength of our squad, it's hardly a knee-jerk reaction for questions to be asked.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived