Mr Rae's Dilema - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mr Rae's Dilema

BishopTon

Moore to go before October  

56 members have voted

1. 1. How long to we give Moore

• Now - its inevitable the guy is clueless
    • Wait till October, when we are bottom by miles
    • Wait till Christmas when we are already playing in Division 2
    • Don't be silly He's doing a great job...

Jimmy Calderwood is a chequebook manager, nothing more. As much as I can't stand the 'find a better player/manager to bring in or pipe down' non-argument, some posters really are discrediting themselves with such feeble picks.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jimmy Calderwood is a chequebook manager, nothing more. As much as I can't stand the 'find a better player/manager to bring in or pipe down' non-argument, some posters really are discrediting themselves with such feeble picks.

The chequebook has already been wielded. All we need is someone to get the best out of a very good squad.

I'm hoping wee Moorey is the man to do it.

Show Racism the Red Card

What's the minimum acceptable points tally after the first quater if we are going to look to challange for the league?

19/20? Leaves Moore needing 6 wins from our next 7 games.

Ross County had 7 points after six games last season ...........................not that I am suggesting we should be in any way satisfied to match that!

And 16 points at the end of the first quarter. Most of the recently promoted teams have only settled into being clear contenders after the end of the first quarter and quite often its form after Christmas that does the business. I put that down to depth of squad and last season County not only had the best squad but the biggest one too

And 16 points at the end of the first quarter. Most of the recently promoted teams have only settled into being clear contenders after the end of the first quarter and quite often its form after Christmas that does the business. I put that down to depth of squad and last season County not only had the best squad but the biggest one too

That's a good point and one Moore seems to have recognised. In some ways I'm more worried by how many injuries we've already picked up than anything else - at this rate, even with a deeper squad (on paper) we'll be struggling - imagine having to bring in a trialist already to cover missing players after just one league game.

That's a good point and one Moore seems to have recognised. In some ways I'm more worried by how many injuries we've already picked up than anything else - at this rate, even with a deeper squad (on paper) we'll be struggling - imagine having to bring in a trialist already to cover missing players after just one league game.

Speak for yourself, but if we are serious title contenders then I'd rather have to use trialists in the first quarter rather than the fourth.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

B)-->

QUOTE(big B @ Aug 20 2012, 02:29 PM) 881088[/snapback]
It is a 2 way street the team have got to give the crowd someting to get them going ultimatley something they have not being doing, i.e. look at the QOS fans last Tuesday night pretty quiet until they scored then got right behind their team.

Just like I was saying the players gave their all last night and the fans responded.

TBH Mr Rae should be having a look at himself and not the management team. We have been doing ok with a 4-5-1 and Rae has to stick his nose in and have a dig at the manager for playing that formation. This means that today we played a 4-4-2 and were awful. If we were playing the formation we had been playing before we might have got something from the game. I wish Rae would keep his thoughts to himself and let the manager do the job he is paying him to do.

TBH Mr Rae should be having a look at himself and not the management team. We have been doing ok with a 4-5-1 and Rae has to stick his nose in and have a dig at the manager for playing that formation. This means that today we played a 4-4-2 and were awful. If we were playing the formation we had been playing before we might have got something from the game. I wish Rae would keep his thoughts to himself and let the manager do the job he is paying him to do.

I think that is a bit unfair. After all Mr Rae did not go public with any criticism, it was Allan Moore himself in an interview who bundled the supporters and the Chairman together in saying that everyonr thought his formation was negative.

If the Chairman had come out publicly and criticised the manager your point would be valid but he hasn't, he has just had the opportunity to say directly to him what many supporters on this site have been saying!..........................and he is a supporter too.

How many fans have been shouting for a change to a 4-4-2 though? I haven't heard any. Even if Rae is a supporter of he club he shouldn't be commenting to the manager about formations. You, me and every other Morton fan doesn't get to tell the manager personally what he thinks about formationds, so why should he? I really believe that if we had Peter up front with Wallace through the middle and graham out wide we would have won today.

How many fans have been shouting for a change to a 4-4-2 though? I haven't heard any. Even if Rae is a supporter of he club he shouldn't be commenting to the manager about formations. You, me and every other Morton fan doesn't get to tell the manager personally what he thinks about formationds, so why should he? I really believe that if we had Peter up front with Wallace through the middle and graham out wide we would have won today.

Wallace, seriously he was woeful today... Should have been hooked in the first half...

Just bounce if you hate St Mirren

I'd say Hawke will be installed as manager, with Johansson, Hopkin and possibly AN Other.

Or a combination of the above. Possibly Hoppy.

I'd take Hartley though. Scotland, Champions League experience, played for us, and I've always liked him.

Archived