Raith V Morton Cup Game Prices - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Raith V Morton Cup Game Prices

pink_panther

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why does someone on the burroo getin for the same price as a disabled fan?

I've never understood why unemployed people get in cheaper. If your unemployed, keep your money for better things, like cheap fags and super lager. Disgusting people.

Chances are, due to the economic system, a large proportion of people will find themselves on the dole at some point. If they follow a club their whole lives, paying in weekly at full rate, it makes good sense for the club to lower their prices when that individual finds themselves in economic difficulty.

This is controversial, but I would totally slash prices for the unemployed, OAPs and students (4 quid maybe?). OAPs because they've probably followed the club their whole lives therefore have 'earned' a cheaper price. The unemployed and students because the very tiniest proportion stays in that category for a great length of time. If you offer them a cheap day out at the football then they may get into the habit - and want - of going, therefore becoming full paying supporters once they move onto other things.

Just a thought though.

"Only by understanding what a rebellion accomplishes can we see its limitations. A rebellion disrupts the society, but it does not provide what is necessary to establish a new social order." James and Grace Lee Boggs.

of course they are allowed to go. they just have to give up the drink for 10 minutes so that they can afford to go.

as for students. wasters.

:lol: Do you actually read your post before you send them?

People on here seem to have a problem more with people who are students than unemployed? If you weren't so thick yourself you would realize alot of people NEED to go to college for certificates to do the job they want!

:lol: Do you actually read your post before you send them?

People on here seem to have a problem more with people who are students than unemployed? If you weren't so thick yourself you would realize alot of people NEED to go to college for certificates to do the job they want!

You must be an unemployed student then! Tax dodging scrounger.

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

Dropping prices is an old chestnut which generally fans don't think through.

Clubs can't afford to slash prices as generally it doesn't generate the required increase in attendance to justify it.

The reason for this is that the demand for football isn't price sensitive alone. Other factors such as how entertaining it is to watch and the enjoyment derived are bigger factors.

Let's put it this way: crowds for Morton in the Second and Third Division were bigger than at present for five or six quid less per game than at present.

It wasn't the price in itself which drove this demand, it was the feel good factor of watching a team at the top or near the top winning which drove it.

Let's rock !

Dropping prices is an old chestnut which generally fans don't think through.

Clubs can't afford to slash prices as generally it doesn't generate the required increase in attendance to justify it.

The reason for this is that the demand for football isn't price sensitive alone. Other factors such as how entertaining it is to watch and the enjoyment derived are bigger factors.

Let's put it this way: crowds for Morton in the Second and Third Division were bigger than at present for five or six quid less per game than at present.

It wasn't the price in itself which drove this demand, it was the feel good factor of watching a team at the top or near the top winning which drove it.

At the same time though, Scottish Cup draws should really come outwith clubs' budgets as nobody knows what sort of draw they'll get when preparing budgets in June.

Our draw against Deveronvale was an unattractive draw from our point of view and the club dropped prices accordingly. This fixture is also unattractive given that the clubs are so familiar with each other and if Raith feel the need to charge £17 for an adult into a game that they never knew for certain would come around in order to make ends meet, I'd suggest that those looking after the books in Kirkcaldy would need a long hard look at themselves.

With most folk feeling the pinch, especially after Christmas, Raith could've priced a game that they hadn't budgeted for more sensibly and gained a bit of goodwill from their support, a healthier crowd and a bit of decent publicity, but greed rules supreme. Poor show.

Anybody got a spare buroo card????

Or borrow someones disability authentication, if that's what you like to do.

"Only by understanding what a rebellion accomplishes can we see its limitations. A rebellion disrupts the society, but it does not provide what is necessary to establish a new social order." James and Grace Lee Boggs.

At the same time though, Scottish Cup draws should really come outwith clubs' budgets as nobody knows what sort of draw they'll get when preparing budgets in June.

Our draw against Deveronvale was an unattractive draw from our point of view and the club dropped prices accordingly. This fixture is also unattractive given that the clubs are so familiar with each other and if Raith feel the need to charge £17 for an adult into a game that they never knew for certain would come around in order to make ends meet, I'd suggest that those looking after the books in Kirkcaldy would need a long hard look at themselves.

With most folk feeling the pinch, especially after Christmas, Raith could've priced a game that they hadn't budgeted for more sensibly and gained a bit of goodwill from their support, a healthier crowd and a bit of decent publicity, but greed rules supreme. Poor show.

Clubs are feeling the pinch too. Given the fact that this is a low excitement tie for both teams, the clubs need to make as much as they can as it's nit an attractive tie fir the neutral or the casual fan of either club.

Let's rock !

Those prices are disgraceful.

I can't really understand why the prices are 'disgraceful' or surprising to anyone... they seem to be the normal prices Raith charge for league games, so you'd expect the same for a cup game against a fellow First Division team. No reason for them to drop their prices in this case...

In saying all that, £17 is too much for a First Division league game... about £12 should be the standard cost, the the SPL being about £17/18 tops. Scottish football is over-priced across the board (given how poor the standard is)... it's part of the reason i no longer go to away games.

In saying all that, £17 is too much for a First Division league game... about £12 should be the standard cost, the the SPL being about £17/18 tops. Scottish football is over-priced across the board (given how poor the standard is)... it's part of the reason i no longer go to away games.

There should be a set price for all the teams across all four divisions -

3rd Division - £5/£2

2nd Division - £10/£5

1st Division - £15/£10

SPL - £20/£15

Of course this won't happen, especially in the SPL when some clubs charge up to £30!!

There should be a set price for all the teams across all four divisions -

3rd Division - £5/£2

2nd Division - £10/£5

1st Division - £15/£10

SPL - £20/£15

Of course this won't happen, especially in the SPL when some clubs charge up to £30!!

It always surprises me that SPL attendances are even as good as they are. I couldn't and wouldn't pay £30 every week to watch Morton no matter who it was against, with the exception of a cup semi final or final.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Anybody got a spare buroo card????

Ask for your own when those big ugly ****ers you work on leave the Clyde for good. :)

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Clubs are feeling the pinch too. Given the fact that this is a low excitement tie for both teams, the clubs need to make as much as they can as it's nit an attractive tie fir the neutral or the casual fan of either club.

A wee bit of imagination wouldn't go amiss though:

1000 fans at £17 is £17000

2000 fans at £10 is £20000

I don't think adding 1000 on would be that hard on a one off basis - especially if a club was to use the extra 3 grand they might get to give it a big build up and market it well. Fair enough there wouldn't be any more profit but it would get people going to the game and they might come back more often when they have experienced a bigger crowd than normal.

Looking at it simplistically in the way you are alluding to is part of the problem with Scottish football - it seems that most people running clubs can only see the short term view of getting as much money as quickly as they can while not realising it ruins the game long term when people get fed up of being ripped off and don't come back at all.

£17? ouch!

I've very little desire to watch this game, but since i'm off work on saturday and I'm moving back to Rothesay soon (meaning no more away games) I kindof feel I have to make the short trip over the Forth.

Ha sthe bold Rothesay still got squaters from the south coast of Englandshire???

Last time over met a fairly big group in a boozer from Portsmouth who had 'acquired' one of the manse type houses and were doing it up for them all to live in.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Ha sthe bold Rothesay still got squaters from the south coast of Englandshire???

Last time over met a fairly big group in a boozer from Portsmouth who had 'acquired' one of the manse type houses and were doing it up for them all to live in.

Haven't lived on the island for 6 years now, so no idea, but it wouldn't surprise me. The island attracts some interesting characters. Could have been a bunch of nutters from the Shearings busses having u on? Out of curiosity what pub were u in?

Rothesay Ton

Archived