******* What?! - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

******* What?!

This outburst has landed Wayne Rooney with a two match ban! I guess I, with millions of other football fans up and down the country, should be banned from games for life as the language sometimes used in front of families and kids who may hear it is a lot worse than what Rooney used at the weekend.

:angry:

He deliberately swore into a camera though. On daytime telly, doesn't look good for the Premier League or Sky. It was a bit OTT from a player with an incredibly poor temperament. The ban is justified, maybe now he'll try keep it in check.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Manchester City fans broke into a vocal chorus of 'Who's that lying on the runway...' after 10 seconds of the lunchtime Manchester derby. But the EPL and Sky would be more than happy to bill that as a 'derby with atmosphere'.

At the end of the day swearing is not even remotely offensive in itself, it depends on how the listener interprets the word. If you allow your kids to view matches in an adult atmosphere you need to decide in advance whether it will be suitable for your kid. It is not up to the FA or TV companies to do the censoring job for you.

Probably the only time I'll ever be on Wayne Rooney's side but it is a joke of a decision.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It seems harsh, but at the same time, it's just crass stupidity in the first place. Plenty of people manage to score goals without feeling the need to turn to the camera and swear for no good reason, so if a player doesn't have the sense not to do so then you can't really feel too sorry for him.

AWMSC

Manchester City fans broke into a vocal chorus of 'Who's that lying on the runway...' after 10 seconds of the lunchtime Manchester derby. But the EPL and Sky would be more than happy to bill that as a 'derby with atmosphere'.

And ? :mellow:

The future just ain't what it used to be

And ? :mellow:

It's therefore a bit rich for either to become outraged or sorrowful about similarly 'offensive' behaviour on the pitch.

See had you not stopped to ask a stupid question and kept reading, you'd have seen that point being made. ^_^

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It's therefore a bit rich for either to become outraged or sorrowful about similarly 'offensive' behaviour on the pitch.

See had you not stopped to ask a stupid question and kept reading, you'd have seen that point being made. ^_^

Who's outraged or sorrowful about it then ?

The future just ain't what it used to be

There is obviously a difference between a professional who gets paid £100K (or more) a week and a few thousand beered up football fans in terms of responsibility.

The songs being sang about the Munich air disaster is a problem for the clubs and the police, not Sky TV or the Premier League. Identify and ban those fans for life I say.

I think Rooney deserves his ban, as there was no need at all for that outburst, especially as it was live on TV. He is an irresponsible idiot who needs to learn these lessons the hard way.

Guest David Edwards
There is obviously a difference between a professional who gets paid £100K (or more) a week and a few thousand beered up football fans in terms of responsibility.

The songs being sang about the Munich air disaster is a problem for the clubs and the police, not Sky TV or the Premier League. Identify and ban those fans for life I say.

I think Rooney deserves his ban, as there was no need at all for that outburst, especially as it was live on TV. He is an irresponsible idiot who needs to learn these lessons the hard way.

People are equally responsible for misdemeanours, no matter how much or how little they get paid. Rooney has apologised (at least his scriptwriters have) for his bad behaviour, unlike the 'fans' that you mention.

If you allow your kids to view matches in an adult atmosphere you need to decide in advance whether it will be suitable for your kid

It was prime time TV ya spangle!!!

If I ever tuned in to Ant & Dec or X Factor & heard that language I'd be fukin' ragin'!!!! :angry:

RIP New Order...

Thing is it's not as much what he said but looked right into the camera and said to all Sky's customers who basically finance the whole league and said f@ck the lot of you .. it would be like Mylene Klass walking into M&S and telling old granny's to f@ck up .. it's biting the hand that feeds you ..

People are equally responsible for misdemeanours, no matter how much or how little they get paid. Rooney has apologised (at least his scriptwriters have) for his bad behaviour, unlike the 'fans' that you mention.

I disagree. Rooney is a professional and well paid enough for his club to expect him to be a better ambassador than that.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Couldn't care less if he swears at a camera or not - hardly surprising from him though is it? - but I'm just confused as to why he's so angry. If I'd scored a hat-trick to practically win the league for my team, plua earn the money he does, I'd be flipping delighted.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

I'm perfectly schizophrenic on this one.

On the one hand, as a player reportedly earning 200k a week, and clealry seen (rightly or wrongly) as a role model to young kids and others he should be able to control himself and be an ambassador for a club who have a great reputation for discipline.

On the other hand, if we're now going to ban for two games, every player who you hear swearing on TV, then there'll be no fucker left playing the game. There are countless examples of this - indeed last weekend I watched a player who was being booked walk away from the referee after being shown the yellow card clearly shouting "fuck off, fuck off" back at the ref. I also saw at least three players clearly swear into the camera having missed a chance - exact opposite of Rooney I know but where do you draw the line.

He should have been hit HARD in the pocket with the money going to a kids charity or such like.

if this ban is upheld it sets a dangerous precedent and every knobhead int he land will be reporting things to the FA for further review. And I would have said the exact same thing if it had been Lampard or Gerrard or whoever.

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Yes there are many differences, but not one of them is even remotely relevant. Why are Sky happy to bill one as being the 'spice' of a derby, with the FA and clubs coining it in off the back, and then wringing their hands over something far less offensive in many people's eyes?

Actually no, fans shouldn't be banned for singing songs deemed just 'offensive' in the same way that Rooney shouldn't be sanctioned for the adult version of a 'speech foul'.

There's lots of things that have no need or purpose in a game of football, should we be banning them?

It was prime time TV ya spangle!!!

How many televised football games aren't shown at prime time, either during the weekend or midweek evenings? How many of those can you quite distinctly hear swearing and various chanting at? Doesn't seem to be a difference.

I disagree. Rooney is a professional and well paid enough for his club to expect him to be a better ambassador than that.

Rooney is paid to be a footballer, not an ambassador. I think if Man U wanted an ambassador they'd go for someone without the tons of baggage off the field that he does, don't you?

And again, how much someone is paid is absolutely irrelevant here.

^^^^^^Disgruntled Arsenal fan angered cos his teams bottle crashed in the title race!!!

Much worse is said to referees during games than what Rooney done. Fair enough he shouldnt be doing it, but to ban him for two games is ridiculous!

Archived