Dundee - Page 12 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dundee

BishyTON

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The problem is that their website, is yet again down.

Close to a week now, if I were a sponsor like M2 Digital, I wouldn't be too impressed.

See the other thread for an explanation from Tonsilitis. Maybe that'll put an end to the comments - tho if it does I expect we'll all have to dodge pigshit dropping from the sky from now on....... ^_^

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

Close to a week now, if I were a sponsor like M2 Digital, I wouldn't be too impressed.

website still works....

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

Spot on with the "substantiating their claim" bit, but i'm not so sure about the "self congratulating" bit being the problem. I see the problem as being that they are too tied up with their own red tape.

The trust was put in place to safegaurd the club. To be fair, they tried to follow all the rules and therefore set up some kind of constitution and probably went down the legal route and took advice. Thats fair enough - it has to be somewhat like that. But it seems to restrict their movements so much that it might as well not have a member on the board at all. All it appears to be able to do is attend the meetings and therefore have insider knowledge of what is going on - something that we could never have if they didnt get on to the board in the first place. Now that is a good thing and a massive step forward to protecting the club. But, and here's the problem, they cant do anything with the information gained other than keep it to themselves. That's where the whole thing falls flat on it's @rse.

In my view - they need to get back to why they were put there in the first place and get rid of some of that red tape which is strangling them.

All well and good but then again it's easy to sit down and state the hypothetical definition of a Supporters Trust.

Trying to push their agenda while acting as the minority shareholder isn't quite so straightforward.

The reality is the Trust, like everything Morton related, is limited by the support and backing of the Morton community.

They can push hard for people to join (and I think they should) but experience tells us outside of a major crisis they won't get the kind of support they need to be ready to take control.

To be fair to the Trust they seem to accept that they have to play the game. They have to achieve the aim of being aware of what's happening behind the scenes, anything else is just window dressing.

If the club was trying to cheat it's way through like like Dundee do you really think that information wouldn't filter out to the rest of the support?

Course it would.

Exactly and that's where Dundee fell on it's erse and indeed this was backed up by our own Trust Committee earlier on in this thread.

Reading between the lines it's a waste of time them existing in the current format.

Clueless.

Seriously, do you expect anyone here to care about your opinions?

I know football supporters are supposed to have short memories but don't take the piss.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

I'll have a word and get it sorted.

Nae bather.

Good stuff, muchos gracias.

website still works....

Can you please post a link as the one I have doesn't work.

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

All well and good but then again it's easy to sit down and state the hypothetical definition of a Supporters Trust.

Trying to push their agenda while acting as the minority shareholder isn't quite so straightforward.

The reality is the Trust, like everything Morton related, is limited by the support and backing of the Morton community.

They can push hard for people to join (and I think they should) but experience tells us outside of a major crisis they won't get the kind of support they need to be ready to take control.

To be fair to the Trust they seem to accept that they have to play the game. They have to achieve the aim of being aware of what's happening behind the scenes, anything else is just window dressing.

If the club was trying to cheat it's way through like like Dundee do you really think that information wouldn't filter out to the rest of the support?

Course it would.

Clueless.

Seriously, do you expect anyone here to care about your opinions?

I know football supporters are supposed to have short memories but don't take the piss.

That is more of an indictmenmt of the Trust rather than the poster in that the Trust fail so spectacularly to get their message and purpose across time and time again.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

• 3 months later...

How is it that Dundee can be preparing to have another go at winning the league just months after being on the brink of going bust? Where is the money coming from and if there is any money there, why is it going towards the team when they plead poverty to HMRC and agreed to only pay back 6% of their dues, shafting smaller businesses in their wake?

It's a lot of s***e and entirely unfair on every other team in the division. Administration was just a convenient streamlining process for Dundee that allowed them to get rid of overpaid staff they couldn't afford to pay off and they've come out in arguably better nick than before.

A disgraceful football club, I hope they **** it up again and get relegated.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

How is it that Dundee can be preparing to have another go at winning the league just months after being on the brink of going bust? Where is the money coming from and if there is any money there, why is it going towards the team when they plead poverty to HMRC and agreed to only pay back 6% of their dues, shafting smaller businesses in their wake?

It's a lot of s***e and entirely unfair on every other team in the division. Administration was just a convenient streamlining process for Dundee that allowed them to get rid of overpaid staff they couldn't afford to pay off and they've come out in arguably better nick than before.

well said my man. dirty , cheating rats :angry:

Agree totally. Disgraceful that HMRC didn't appeal against the CVA being passed by fraudulent means.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

and they and others like them will continue to get away with it till people stand up against them. Suppliers must insist on payment up front on companies like Dundee who have a track record of using administration, that will help force them to live more within their means.

Saab was an example of that in the last couple of weeks - their suppliers would not deliver without payment. The owners did not have the cash so the production lines had to stop.

and they and others like them will continue to get away with it till people stand up against them. Suppliers must insist on payment up front on companies like Dundee who have a track record of using administration, that will help force them to live more within their means.

Saab was an example of that in the last couple of weeks - their suppliers would not deliver without payment. The owners did not have the cash so the production lines had to stop.

Agreed 100 percent. Suppliers need to protect themselves when dealing with serially insolvent teams like Dundee. Until they do this they will continue to lose out. I also think the football creditors rule should be challenged in court as it is a clea4 unfair preference. Obviously under the Insolvency Act 1986, players have to be treated as preferential creditors for wage arrears (up to the stat limit) and holiday pay, but it is unfair that other clubs effectively get preferential status.

Mon the Ton

Agreed 100 percent. Suppliers need to protect themselves when dealing with serially insolvent teams like Dundee. Until they do this they will continue to lose out. I also think the football creditors rule should be challenged in court as it is a clea4 unfair preference. Obviously under the Insolvency Act 1986, players have to be treated as preferential creditors for wage arrears (up to the stat limit) and holiday pay, but it is unfair that other clubs effectively get preferential status.

PAYE/NIC returns are due every month and there is no chance HMRC will be happy to sit back and watch Dundee run up a huge liability again, they'll be paying it every month as it falls due.

TRUST THE DUFF

Archived