New Signings - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New Signings

Mr.Blue

Todays tele states we have signed the 2 french boys.

We are also trying to sign Lithgow but it depends on how much compensation Clyde ask for.

Moore also states that we are actively looking to sign a left sided defender and a right sided midfielder.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

We are also trying to sign Lithgow but it depends on how much compensation Clyde ask for.

Moore also states that we are actively looking to sign a left sided defender and a right sided midfielder.

Yaldi :lol:

Good news all round, if Lithgow signs that would make 8 new arrivals at the club over the summer. Might take a while to gel together but with a few winnable cup games we have a good chance to get the team organised and ready to progress.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Why would Clyde be entitled to compensation? I was under the impression that his contract had expired and given that he wasn't trained there as a youngster I thought that he was effectively a free agent, even if he is under 24 years of age.

� The Fire Breathing Morton Guy - I'm not Pat!

Wonder if that means we have someone in mind for each position - if so, who? - or simply that he knows there's a gap but doesn't yet know how to fill it?

Looks like there still needs to be some movement out of the squad to make it work though?

Good news all round, if Lithgow signs that would make 8 new arrivals at the club over the summer. Might take a while to gel together but with a few winnable cup games we have a good chance to get the team organised and ready to progress.

Isn't that what Dougie promised Moore?

bit from the evening times -

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor...-fine-1.1042227

Moore will offer deals to Fouad Bachirou and Tarik Bengelloun and is hopeful of adding more new faces.

“We have got a good squad gathering now,” he said. “We have hopefully still got another two or three to bring in to get us up to scratch. We will not read too much into this, and we will take the positives from the second half.”

Why would Clyde be entitled to compensation? I was under the impression that his contract had expired and given that he wasn't trained there as a youngster I thought that he was effectively a free agent, even if he is under 24 years of age.

I don't think it actually matter how much the player played there, but if he's under 24 and Clyde offerred him a new deal on at least the same terms as he was on before, they are entitled to compensation if he signs for a club within the came Country.

I think anyway.

I don't think it actually matter how much the player played there, but if he's under 24 and Clyde offerred him a new deal on at least the same terms as he was on before, they are entitled to compensation if he signs for a club within the came Country.

I think anyway.

Yip that's right, it's under 23 if he moves outwith Scotland, but 24 within it.

We'd be talking c. £5k at a tribunal given they are in the Third Division.

“We have got a good squad gathering now,” he said. “We have hopefully still got another two or three to bring in to get us up to scratch. We will not read too much into this, and we will take the positives from the second half.”

Perfect words from Moore to shut up the numpties that overreacted to Saturday's defeat.

pen.jpg

Yip that's right, it's under 23 if he moves outwith Scotland, but 24 within it.

We'd be talking c. £5k at a tribunal given they are in the Third Division.

I'm pretty sure the Under 23 thing does not cross borders as it would contravene EU laws.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

I'm pretty sure the Under 23 thing does not cross borders as it would contravene EU laws.

Yes it does, with regards to Joe Ledley, "They would receive nothing if he moved to Scotland because the compensation age limit for players moving between countries is under 23."

B)-->

QUOTE(C B @ Jul 19 2010, 02:08 PM) 758606[/snapback]
Perfect words from Moore to shut up the numpties that overreacted to Saturday's defeat.

I wasn't there (no not because of any self imposed ban before anyone pipes up but down to being on call out).

Was there seriously folk cracking up about a 3-1 defeat in a kick about friendly with a new side trying to gel together? I find that astonishing if thats the case and proves there are folk that follow football that clearly have no idea about the sport.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Thats good news as I thought McKinlay looked very poor on Saturday.

I wasn't there (no not because of any self imposed ban before anyone pipes up but down to being on call out).

Was there seriously folk cracking up about a 3-1 defeat in a kick about friendly with a new side trying to gel together? I find that astonishing if thats the case and proves there are folk that follow football that clearly have no idea about the sport.

I didn't hear anything, a couple of grumbles, but nothing worth mentioning!

The first 25 minutes, we were gobsmacked by the utter ineptness being shown, even allowing for the number of new players. To be fair, it improved greatly when the Foreign Legion arrived. The main problem seemed to be that we had nothing up front - Kelbie and Kean didn't amount to anything in the way of firepower, and for all the attempted passing (which sometimes came off), too often it all ended with a high diagonal ball into the box. The defence had a gap in the middle, but let's allow for their unfamiliarity with each other. I was going to say the central defenders were standing about like a couple of spare pricks at the second goal, but that might not be the best choice of phrase under the circumstances...

I think we need to regard Moore's team as a work in progress. There are promising signs but we still lack firepower - that will be sorted when Peter is in the starting line up and Fast Frenchman is there too.

I think we'll see some players being released from contracts to allow them to move on a freebie. I suspect Greacen and Macfarlane will be away by the end of August, and possibly others too.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived