New Signings - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New Signings

Mr.Blue

Thats good news as I thought McKinlay looked very poor on Saturday.

McKinlay looked poor because Monti gave him no cover and left him totally exposed trying to cover two players. When O'Brien came on, McKinlay was noticeably more effective.

McKinlay looked poor because Monti gave him no cover and left him totally exposed trying to cover two players. When O'Brien came on, McKinlay was noticeably more effective.

Not really, McKinley was subbed for Shepherd (possibly before O'Brien came on). In any case there would only have been about 5 minutes to notice any difference.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Not really, McKinley was subbed for Shepherd (possibly before O'Brien came on). In any case there would only have been about 5 minutes to notice any difference.

My basic premise is correct. Monti does not provide adequate cover for his fullback and that cost us the second goal as McKinlay was left, not for the first or last time in the match trying to cover two players. That made it easy for them to pass the ball inside him.

still think lithgow was rubbish, poor mans ryan harding

:blink:

I'm not keen on the guy signing for reasons known but I'm astonished you think that. He's as good a centre half I've seen at Morton in many a year.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Archived