Contempt For The Paying Fans - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Contempt For The Paying Fans

Alibi

That fecking great scaffolding right in the middle of the cowshed - blocking the view from the best bit of the terracing. WTF couldn't the cameras have been up the back? Or in the main stand where they always used to be.

If I'd had an oxyacetylene torch, I'd have dismantled it during the game. Unfortunately the stewards confiscated it at the turnstiles as the cylinders could have contained alcohol.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

On the subject of the fans... was I the only one that thought the attendance figure of 3500(odd) was nowhere near the true number of fans at the game? :blink: I could have sworn blind there was at least 1000 more in the ground. My own guess was that there was just over 5000 in the ground...

But I sympathise with your point, hundreds of people who paid to attend the game have an unnecessarily restricted view for the sake of people who just get to watch at home for free. Morton seem to have no respect for the fans who continue to turn up and give their support through the pish we've endured almost all season long. Nor do the BBC for that matter, but surely it comes down to Morton where they are allowed to set up their cameras?

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Let's tell the BBC to f*** off and chuck their TV at them whilst we're at it.

Some folk on here are really unbelievable and will moan at the least wee thing.

PS: I'd also like to thank all the posters on here for volunteering on Friday night to help remove the covers yesterday morning to ensure they had a game to go to and moan about the camera's being there :(

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

I would have went and removed the covers if I could but didn't know anything about it - sounds like good fun.

And I think not playing our best players in their best positions shows more contempt for paying customers than a wee bit of scaffolding.

FFS I'll just keep my mouth shut in future. I'm sure you're quite happy to have your view obscured by scaffolding, so that's fine then.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

FFS I'll just keep my mouth shut in future. I'm sure you're quite happy to have your view obscured by scaffolding, so that's fine then.

If your that upset about it you could have come and stood with me in the Sinclair St end. The view was spectacular and it was such a lovely day for it. :lol:

Christianity: One woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.

the crowd was s***e. from the stand side the shed crowd looked poor. i was amazed that there were more than 3000 in the official attendance. embarrassing support for a cup tie but then we're f***ing s***e

Agreed-ten minutes before kick off it looked very disappointing, and although it did fill up fairly quickly, I never at any point saw a crowd of over 4,000.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Guest David Edwards
That fecking great scaffolding right in the middle of the cowshed - blocking the view from the best bit of the terracing. WTF couldn't the cameras have been up the back? Or in the main stand where they always used to be.

If I'd had an oxyacetylene torch, I'd have dismantled it during the game. Unfortunately the stewards confiscated it at the turnstiles as the cylinders could have contained alcohol.

Couldn't agree more. Nobody told us they were placing the cameras there, right where we usually stand. Ended up paying full price for a restricted view. In retrospect, maybe it's just as well the view was restricted.

Couldn't agree more. Nobody told us they were placing the cameras there, right where we usually stand. Ended up paying full price for a restricted view. In retrospect, maybe it's just as well the view was restricted.

I presume the club got some pennies from the TV coffers.

More than they'd have got from putting the fans first? :unsure:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

On the subject of the fans... was I the only one that thought the attendance figure of 3500(odd) was nowhere near the true number of fans at the game? :blink: I could have sworn blind there was at least 1000 more in the ground. My own guess was that there was just over 5000 in the ground...

But I sympathise with your point, hundreds of people who paid to attend the game have an unnecessarily restricted view for the sake of people who just get to watch at home for free. Morton seem to have no respect for the fans who continue to turn up and give their support through the pish we've endured almost all season long. Nor do the BBC for that matter, but surely it comes down to Morton where they are allowed to set up their cameras?

cowshed was pretty empty until kick off, i guessed 3500 so was close! thought that was a reasonable crowd, added 1000 onto the league gates anyway. queens fans were excellent throughout

cowshed was pretty empty until kick off, i guessed 3500 so was close! thought that was a reasonable crowd, added 1000 onto the league gates anyway. queens fans were excellent throughout

My thinking was that 3500 would have meant the ground was only 1/3 full.

I think Cappielow was close enough to half-full. I don't think 3 times that crowd would fit the official capacity, personally.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

sinclair street was pretty empty and , although the queens fans made noise and added some atmosphere to it, the WDE was pretty empty too. there was the huge gap in the shed where the cameras were and im guessing each person in the shed had a bit of room either side of them, if theres a crowd of 5000 or so its pretty congested but that wasnt the case yesterday

My thinking was that 3500 would have meant the ground was only 1/3 full.

I think Cappielow was close enough to half-full. I don't think 3 times that crowd would fit the official capacity, personally.

Last years game against Killie saw Cappielow half full.

Yesterday was nowhere near it.

Let's rock !

Last years game against Killie saw Cappielow half full.

Yesterday was nowhere near it.

Aye right. You think we could have had double the number of fans in cappielow the day we played Killie?

I don't. Barely any space in the shed, packed in the Sinclair St end, big crowd in the WDE, hardly an empty seat in the stand either.

The crowd that day was a good bit bigger than stated too IMO.

Anyways, me and my conspiracies, eh?

onsP5NR.jpg

think parts of the cowshed were emtpy due to the camera right in the middle, there was no way you could have stood in the middle of the shed and seen the game so that left a big open space.

On the camera i dont remember it being that bad at the Killie game last year when it was in the exact same position you could still see so not sure why it was the way it was

It's funny how when the chips are down all these little things bug and annoy people so much.

I can't remember 1 single person complaining about the same scaffolding being in place for lsat season against Kilmarnock!

If it gets in your way...move! It's not as if you have a ticket saying "Cowshed, row B, standing square 7".

And I was behind the goal the first half then moved into the cowshed for the second half...well tried, thing wsa packed so ended up just on the edge!

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Archived