Loud And Clear Message - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Loud And Clear Message

HMS Willow

Finally now correct me if I'm wrong but on the half time whistle was it not morton that were clapped off the park and the home fans that booed their team off the park?

I didn't hear very much from the Pars fans all day, never mind booing at half time.

When we are playing so badly, aye we should be doing our bit and encouraging the players; it helps.

But it isn't wrong to make ourselves heard about the manager either.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As irvineTON he was nothing to do with us, and was giving us hassle to "support the team".

So what you are really trying to say was it was actually one of the Happy Clappers that was apprehended by the police.

So much for supporting the team and being ambassadors for the club.

Noo Greenock's no' a bonny toon I've heard some folk complain,

And ithers say when they go there, they nothing see but rain!

But let them say whate'er they may, wi' them I'll no agree,

For aye the name o' Greenock toon shall still be dear to me.

So what you are really trying to say was it was actually one of the Happy Clappers that was apprehended by the police.

Good point, we should all pipe down as if everything is fine when we could make ourselves heard that we want the manager out. Now.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

He joined in with the Time Tae Go chant, but apart from that aye, he seemed fairly satisfied.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

He joined in with the Time Tae Go chant, but apart from that aye, he seemed fairly satisfied.

I don't think he actually did.

He was becoming aggressive & saying he'd shut us up etc so he was informed that it was being done for the greater good of Morton. At was at the point of him swaying about arguing that caught the attention of the stewards who the seen him produce a bottle and begin drinking from it.

I don't think he actually did.

He was becoming aggressive & saying he'd shut us up etc so he was informed that it was being done for the greater good of Morton. At was at the point of him swaying about arguing that caught the attention of the stewards who the seen him produce a bottle and begin drinking from it.

I thought that was the guy beside him...

Well they were on my bus, and there were greeting faced b*******

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

You still for the remainder of the match failed to come up with 'one song' in support of the team.

If we had, it would have been one more than the happy clappers who sat on their hands for 90 minutes.

FTR we did sing Morton songs in Dunfermline, just not at the park to cover the sound of f***ing silence coming from the rest of you.

Was talking to someone the other day a Sons of William supporter and he was telling me about when John Greigs reign was coming to an end and they had a split in the support ( not that they had much of a support at that time ) . So many of the fans wanted him out and the rest wanted to support the team . He said it came to a head when they all started battling amongst each other .

To those who want to support the club by keeping the manager under what circumstances would you decide that his position became untenable . Defeat by Clyde etc .

And for those who have recently changed their opinion is there any circumstance that you would change your opinion about the managers position . next round of the cup , beating Clyde etc .

One poster claims he was surprised at the amount of noise and yet you claim to 'Only Just' ;)

I'm surprised as I thought all the Morton Fans would have been housed in the one section quite close to each other.

I was sitting at the end of the section of the Morton support closest to the dugouts and could hear singing but barely make out the words (although I could make out one chorus of 'are you watching Dougie Rae') so I;m certain the manager couldn't.

However I do agree with the sentiments of those singing. I'm finding it hard to get behind the team at the moment partly because some of them look as if they have downed tools and want McInally out and partly because I think the need to sack Jim McInally is now bigger than one match away at Dunfermline.

I wasn't singing either but in my opinion there were probably lots of people who, like me, agreed with what they were singing but for whatever reason never joined in. I certainly don't think the silence indicated that people disagreed with them.

I was sitting at the end of the section of the Morton support closest to the dugouts and could hear singing but barely make out the words (although I could make out one chorus of 'are you watching Dougie Rae') so I;m certain the manager couldn't.

However I do agree with the sentiments of those singing. I'm finding it hard to get behind the team at the moment partly because some of them look as if they have downed tools and want McInally out and partly because I think the need to sack Jim McInally is now bigger than one match away at Dunfermline.

I wasn't singing either but in my opinion there were probably lots of people who, like me, agreed with what they were singing but for whatever reason never joined in. I certainly don't think the silence indicated that people disagreed with them.

A variation of a worker's right to withhold his labour, and becoming more palpable with every passing game.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Thats what annoyed me about that p***k that moaned at us. I can see where he was coming from, but if he was so bothered, why did he not start a song?

So Im a P**k for voicing my opinion whilst you lot can shout abuse at employees of Morton...some good logic there NOT.My main gripe was that not one song was sung in support of the team by the small number at the back and I can ASSURE YOU ME AND MY MATES DID SING 2 SONGS for the team before the anti McInally songs began.

So Im a P**k for voicing my opinion whilst you lot can shout abuse at employees of Morton...some good logic there NOT.My main gripe was that not one song was sung in support of the team by the small number at the back and I can ASSURE YOU ME AND MY MATES DID SING 2 SONGS for the team before the anti McInally songs began.

Giz-I was halfway between the two lots, and aye there was a really decent effort to get behind the boys earlier in the match-that plus the fact that the TTG chants started immediately after the Pars first goal, when we had been playing pretty well. It was clearly pre-rehearsed, and it would have surely been better coming-say-in the last five minutes, but don't forget those guys have just as much right to express their feelings as anybody else.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Giz-I was halfway between the two lots, and aye there was a really decent effort to get behind the boys earlier in the match-that plus the fact that the TTG chants started immediately after the Pars first goal, when we had been playing pretty well. It was clearly pre-rehearsed, and it would have surely been better coming-say-in the last five minutes, but don't forget those guys have just as much right to express their feelings as anybody else.

As soon as one of the members of the group came in he shouted TTG straight away . We dont need people like this at the games. Douglas Rae knows what position we are in, if Clyde beat us Jim will be off.

As soon as one of the members of the group came in he shouted TTG straight away . We dont need people like this at the games. Douglas Rae knows what position we are in, if Clyde beat us Jim will be off.

:o

Mr Rae's been divulging his plans to a FAN! :unsure:

YER BARD

I was sitting just behind where you must have been sitting, from what I heard there was no songs before the TTG songs were chanted, you and you're mates where happy enough to sit through and except what was being served up by Morton, you ask above if you are a p***k for voicing your opinion, correct me if I'm wrong but the guys singing TTG seem to have as much loyalty and love for the club as you do, but you think it's ok to have a go at them for voicing their opinion.

Things are all wrong in Sinclair Street these days, as some have already said, the Morton fans of old would not have stood back and allowed this to continue, it's not working and it needs changed, Morton fans need to move on from Mr Rae is the saviour of the club and all we should just be grateful we have a club to support, if you want to be seen as some sort of super fan then you carry on, but I suggest you let the lads who want to see the club move to the next level get on with rooting out the problems.

I was sitting just behind where you must have been sitting, from what I heard there was no songs before the TTG songs were chanted, you and you're mates where happy enough to sit through and except what was being served up by Morton, you ask above if you are a p***k for voicing your opinion, correct me if I'm wrong but the guys singing TTG seem to have as much loyalty and love for the club as you do, but you think it's ok to have a go at them for voicing their opinion.

Things are all wrong in Sinclair Street these days, as some have already said, the Morton fans of old would not have stood back and allowed this to continue, it's not working and it needs changed, Morton fans need to move on from Mr Rae is the saviour of the club and all we should just be grateful we have a club to support, if you want to be seen as some sort of super fan then you carry on, but I suggest you let the lads who want to see the club move to the next level get on with rooting out the problems.

The 'morton fans of old' certainly showed a lot more support for the team than they do now.

Not so long ago the encouragement from the Cowshed when going a goal down was nearly as loud as when scoring!!! It depresses me when the abuse starts straight after this now escpecially as some have said we were playin ok until then on Saturday.

I'm not saying everything perfect at Cappielow, far from it, but surely encouragement during the game then showing concerns at the end is for the greater good. It seems that some people would rather defeat and poor performances than a win these days until we change manager!

Can i ask what age you are when your talking about these Morton supporters of old?

I can only speak of as far back as my age allows me so it would be the 70s & 80s I speak of.

Never noticed that.

From my awareness there was only a small cluster of guys in their teens/early twenties shouting TTG and all that but they were countered by fans in another section who more or less requested they shut-up and get behind the team on the park.

I was sitting alone & subdued and never opened my mouth once for the whole game,apart from a sociable chat with a bloke at half-time.

And a very nice sociable chat it was too WDE!! Probably the highlight of the game for me.

We started with 3-6-1 today. Says it all. Going out not to get beat. MAde achange pretty much as soon as they scored. Did the same against Gretna. Does that suggest we are playing with any confidence just now? And it is coming from the way the players are being set out.

I have no problem with supporters voicing their opinion and calling for change. The thing is, on saturday, considering the defensive nature of the formation, noone played particularly badly and could have done with our support. End of the game is the time for TTG, not at 1-0 when our team need lifted.

For what its worth I thought our two best players were McGurn and Millar but I did not see the point in McGregor being in his defensive midfield role. Not really his fault, but could we not have done with a player further forward?

Mortonjag, I must say that I agree with you for one of the first times!

The team were not playing badly and it did seem pre rehearsed. I was sitting with Giz and was one of the ones giving people grief for shouting TTG. It was the timing I disagreed with. 5 mins into the second half and our boys needed a lift.

Mortonjag, I must say that I agree with you for one of the first times!

The team were not playing badly and it did seem pre rehearsed. I was sitting with Giz and was one of the ones giving people grief for shouting TTG. It was the timing I disagreed with. 5 mins into the second half and our boys needed a lift.

So you were the guy shouting but being very careful to keep his head bowed and not make eye contact? the guy with the blue beanie hat on everyone was pointing and sniggering at.

Archived