Players In Wrong Positions - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Players In Wrong Positions

port-ton

im not a hater of JM by any means and i actually think he has us playing good football apart from the missing addition of a proven goalscorer but i was just thinking about it and last season you could argue players that were played in a different position from their best position is

weatherson

mcgregor

stevenson

mcalister

millar

alex walker

mcgowan (for mortanjags eyes only :P )

so that could mean last season basically we could have had 6 out of 11 players playing at one time in the " wrong " position which IMO is something that shouldnt really happen.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

You could also argue that last season he didnt have the right players for the positions.

If so I have to wonder why after years at the club he hasn't sorted it out :huh:

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

im hoping it was due to the players we had being good enough to get us out of the 2nd division so we didnt need to waste money on players until we got to the first and we can get better quality players. heres hoping....

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

im not a hater of JM by any means and i actually think he has us playing good football apart from the missing addition of a proven goalscorer but i was just thinking about it and last season you could argue players that were played in a different position from their best position is

weatherson

mcgregor

stevenson

mcalister

millar

alex walker

mcgowan (for mortanjags eyes only :P )

so that could mean last season basically we could have had 6 out of 11 players playing at one time in the " wrong " position which IMO is something that shouldnt really happen.

Add Finlayson, or has everybody forgotten that not THAT long ago he was a 'McAnespie' type signing?

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

You could also argue that last season he didnt have the right players for the positions.

If so I have to wonder why after years at the club he hasn't sorted it out :huh:

Agree

Even the signing of McAnespie won't be enough to rid us uf the problem left flank . We would still be missing a true left back .

I have to say that he has done hee haw about strengthening problem areas he must have been aware of .

I don't hold with the excuse that the players we had should have been good enough .

I think you should have a manager who should solve problems not just have a juggling act .

The same question I keep asking , why on earth keep so many of the fringe players he would not use . Would it not have been more prudent to rid us of more of these types of player .

Russell has gone , McAnespie is a straight replacement or should I say hopefully better .

What about Walker , Keenan , Finlayson . We could get rid of at least one and bring in another left sided player .

How in the hell is Keenan still at Morton!? Walker i actually rate quite highly and i think he should stay but the other 2 should make way for better players

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Agree

Even the signing of McAnespie won't be enough to rid us uf the problem left flank . We would still be missing a true left back .

I have to say that he has done hee haw about strengthening problem areas he must have been aware of .

I don't hold with the excuse that the players we had should have been good enough .

I think you should have a manager who should solve problems not just have a juggling act .

The same question I keep asking , why on earth keep so many of the fringe players he would not use . Would it not have been more prudent to rid us of more of these types of player .

Russell has gone , McAnespie is a straight replacement or should I say hopefully better .

What about Walker , Keenan , Finlayson . We could get rid of at least one and bring in another left sided player .

:unsure:

How in the hell is Keenan still at Morton!? Walker i actually rate quite highly and i think he should stay but the other 2 should make way for better players

I'd definitely keep Deano IF we were genuinely adding to the squad. OK he's not the 'finished article' but he dug us out of a hole two or three times last season, AND had two MOTM awards-one at left back incidentally.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

I'd definitely keep Deano IF we were genuinely adding to the squad. OK he's not the 'finished article' but he dug us out of a hole two or three times last season, AND had two MOTM awards-one at left back incidentally.

:lol: One of which certainly didn't come against Stirling in the last away game to them. How long was he on the park again, 6 minutes or so before crunching someone just outside the box this foul I hasten to add resulted in that wee toe rag Snodgrass scoring from a free kick. Was McInally right to take him off after that......probably not !

Christianity: One woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.

:lol: One of which certainly didn't come against Stirling in the last away game to them. How long was he on the park again, 6 minutes or so before crunching someone just outside the box this foul I hasten to add resulted in that wee toe rag Snodgrass scoring from a free kick. Was McInally right to take him off after that......probably not !

So Deano was responsible for us getting gubbed! :rolleyes:

YER BARD

So Deano was responsible for us getting gubbed! :rolleyes:

Nah, the team were just sadly lacking in the second half of that game though that was the turning point so late in the game

Christianity: One woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.

Nah, the team were just sadly lacking in the second half of that game though that was the turning point so late in the game

What were they lacking most would you suggest-skill, tactics, or motivation. JM got slaughtered rightly after that game, but I believe bringing Deano on was NOT a daft decision-just happened to backfire on the day.

YER BARD

Taking Deano off was the correct decision, putting him on in the first place was the mistake.

He's an awful player who shouldn't be at morton.

Very regal statement REX

Ever seen this?

IMO

YER BARD

It should be everyones opinion MJ, anyone who thinks Keenan is good enough to play for morton should be poked in the left eye, with a stick, hourly.

Perversion knows no limits on this forum.

YER BARD

C'mon, mortonjag, I dont think I've ever seen you stick IMO after a comment. :lol:

Away an' bile yer heid-I have sot-well at least wanst!

YER BARD

Archived