Andy Mclaren - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Andy Mclaren

bigB

The manager has surely got to fine MClaren 2 weeks wages if only for being stupid I have been saying for weeks that it is was only a matter of time before a ref sent him off for mouthing off. He is no good to the manager, team or fans sitting in the stand, okay the ref was shocking but if you are annoyed you channel your frustration into the ball by getting a result. It is the same every week if a decision goes against him he shouts abuse at the ref or the assistants. So I say to him get a grip man you are an experienced pro start acting like one.

I disagree... At least he is showing his passion for winning.

Some of the others fair enough dont show it verbally, but some dont show it physically.

In honesty, id rather have a McLaren who will get sent off a few times throughout the season, than a few others!

McLaren is great and DOES have emotion, i would have went apes*** at the referee aswell had i been on that park.

Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Hessel's life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever tasted.

In honesty, id rather have a McLaren who will get sent off a few times throughout the season, than a few others!

24946[/snapback]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's no good to us if he's sitting in the stand !

He needs to learn a bit of discipline,and,for a senior player,he's not setting a very good example to the younger boys.

Mags

Blessings....not just for the one's who kneel....luckily.

He does mouth off too much, and sure it shows passion but when you get sent off and the bookings mount it causes problems.

And whenever McLaren is booked for dissent McInally is always raging (I take a look over), and quite right as these bookings add up.

McLaren was undefendable today for his actions. Sheer stupidity from someone who should know better.

I think he's a great player & also a great asset for the club, but his stupididness(sp) could effect us this season. Today he got a yellow card & also a red card, these points will mount as the season goes on.

Today shows why he shouldn't be, & isn't, our captain.

C'mon andy we want our best players on the park.

The referee was an absolutely fastidious wanker who was totally over the top with his actions. Sadly, this doesn't excuse Andy, who gave him the excuse he needed to get his whistle and cards out. He really needs to channel his experience more effectively.

EOho8Pw.png

Andy McLaren's got a bit of a temper on him and if he calmed that down he wouldn't shout at the ref and get silly bookings as much but, on the other hand, when he gets fouled or decisions given against him he's just as likely to do his talking with the ball next time he gets it. Swings and roundabouts.

Morton F.C.
Renfrewshire Football League Champions since 1895

Andy needs to get a grip.

He's a great player (last Saturday being a case in point), but mouthing off at the ref is a complete waste of time.

With a bit of luck this will not have an adverse effect on the team and will make Andy think before he next wants to open his mouth during a game...

Between the click of the light and the start of the dream

easy for disinterested keyboard jockeys to criticise, but i'd rather have 11 guys with his will to win than some of the greeting-faced poofters we've been lumbered with in recent memory.

if you take away that hunger from a successful player you'd be left with an unsuccessful player. just be grateful he's playing in the blue and white hoops, and accept that he'll pick up a few disciplinary points now and again.

ps. too feckin right i want our younger players to learn his attitude.

the guy below loves the boaby.

In Andy's defence his disciplinary record doesn't appear all that bad , certainly not before he came to Morton , sure , he has picked up more than his fair share of bookings but you have to go back to 17th August 2002 ( I wait to be corrected ) to find the last time he was sent off ; indeed played 30 competive matches without the need for an early bath last season.

Perhaps Andy , whos's career to date has been at a higher standard ( where referees are at a higher standard too ) is very frustread at the amateur , pathetic even , perfomances by the men in black at this level ; we the support are sick , tired and fed up with these muppets , but at least we have the benefit of being accustomed to them.

Yesterday when the Sons had a free-kick in the 2nd half and the ref was gesticulating to andy that he must remian 10 yards away until the kick has been taken had me chuckling as he was in a positon as if he was about to start a race ( on your marks , get-set..... ) laugh.gif absolutely great entertainment and the ball was dead ; not many players have the ability to entertain like that.

Having said though ; It would be good if he would shut his cake-hole instead of picking up bookings for stupidity and I don't accept it's part of the ''package''. I think that Andy will be raging with himself when he is watching from the sidelines and will come back and pick up fewer cards as he becomes more accustomed to the pathetic refereeng. I think too that Mr McInally will stress that in-discipline is not one of the traits which will be tolerated.

Andy needs to address the problem quickly or he is going to further a repution which will preceed him which will have refs wacthing out for him before any crime has been committed.

I'm rambling , sorry , I'm away in a shower.

just to point out another couple of interesting stats ; Andy has been sent off only tiwce previously to yesterday in a ten year career , I think thats fairly impressive and a better record than most players.

in season 2001/02 he played a full campaign in the premier league and only notched up two yellow cards.

I would have been pissed off I I were him yesterday. Ref missed a Dumbarton player holding one of our defenders back in the run up to the penalty being awarded. Is that ref actually a brown hatter? He ran a bit funny, sort of John Inman.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

WDE, sterling work in finding out what his disciplinary record is like, but TBH it's the way in which he was sent off that disappoints me the most. A seasoned pro shouldn't be mouthing off at the ref. If it was a mis-timed, last ditch tackle, or even a wee rammy with the opposition, that would have been one thing, but this could land him in bother and put a serious dent in our promotion hopes as a result.

Also, I'm sure he, the rest of the team, and pretty much everyone in the ground knew the ref was having a shocker, but Andy was the only one who was vocal about it on the pitch. The fact that the referee was an incompetent scrotum of a man doesn't excuse this.

EOho8Pw.png

I agree with LCM, people are too easy to criticise when players "don't try" then when they "try too hard" that's not good enough either. I remember Cantona, what a player he was but he had his moments too & they were all part of his game & he wouldn't be the same player without it.

We want McLaren to be passionate, skillful, energetic & above all entertain but when it boils over (which in football it undoubtedly does from time to time) you want to knock him down for it.

Also given his nature & the fact that he's 31 & not a schoolboy - I'd like to see you guys tell him to calm down.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

if he carries on the way he's going he will find himself booked and sent off a lot more times in the lower leagues,due to the inexperienced refs that can't handle seasoned pros like andy.to be fair he should know when to calm it down without anyone telling him.missing vital games is not good.our squad is depleted enough,without someone missing a match cause he mouths off at the wrong time

Let not only himself but the team down yesterday, just needs to learn to channel his passion on playing rather than mouthing off to the ref. He knows the score he is one of our most experienced players and should be setting a good example to the younger players.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

he's not setting a very good example to the younger boys.

Mags

24984[/snapback]

What is it with you and "younger boys" you dirty stop out you!! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

RIP New Order...

I agree with LCM, people are too easy to criticise when players "don't try" then when they "try too hard" that's not good enough either.  I remember Cantona, what a player he was but he had his moments too & they were all part of his game & he wouldn't be the same player without it.

We want McLaren to be passionate, skillful, energetic & above all entertain but when it boils over (which in football it undoubtedly does from time to time) you want to knock him down for it.

Also given his nature & the fact that he's 31 & not a schoolboy - I'd like to see you guys tell him to calm down.

25207[/snapback]

The point is that because he couldn't keep his mouth shut we now have one of our best and important players missing a game against our main rivals for promotion.

This isn't a good scenario.

He should leave swearing at the ref to the fans !

Let's rock !

Archived