Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Match Thread - Morton vs Alloa Championship 17th October

Yas! Quality finish

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Lovely goal. 

My video chose that exact time to cut out. Not complaining about Ton TV as it could very well have been on my side, and the quality has been very good. (I didn't buy Tuesday's game as I was at work, so this is the first game I've seen since the late unpleasantness.) But I missed the goal.

No surprise to hear that McPake is involved. Very glad we signed him, despite how top-heavy the squad is.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

That was superb from McPake to hold off the challenge before slipping that through.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Nesbitt needs to shut his mouth and play. Having a moan at every decision today and on Tuesday.

• Upvote 1

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

This is good pressing from Morton, and it means aimless long balls aren't actually aimless. (For the most part.) Alloa are rattled and getting no time to do anything when they clear the ball.

Do you like Abba?

6 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Nesbitt needs to shut his mouth and play. Having a moan at every decision today and on Tuesday.

Can't fault him for effort but he's picking the wrong pass and the wrong run time and again.

Do you like Abba?

Just now, TRVMP said:

Can't fault him for effort but he's picking the wrong pass and the wrong run time and again.

I told a few mates last week I think he's actually overrated. Decent player but his end product is pretty poor. I said this about 20 seconds before he scored against QoS right enough.

onsP5NR.jpg

Just now, GiGi said:

I told a few mates last week I think he's actually overrated. Decent player but his end product is pretty poor. I said this about 20 seconds before he scored against QoS right enough.

That "cross" for Orsi is a case in point. Overhit that, Orsi struggled to control it, and the chance fizzles out.

Do you like Abba?

Enjoying the high pressing of the team and Mcpake looks class. Very good half so far. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Salkeld showing up further up the park than Nesbitt a lot here. Alloa haven't had enough of the ball yet to say how much defensive balance we have, but it's good to see that flexibility with players being comfortable pushing into different areas. Having both of them press that high has been a key part of rattling their defence and not letting them settle in possession.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Given that his legs are made out of pâté, I'm impressed with McLean so far.

Do you like Abba?

We’re looking a bit more like I imagined we would last year. Much more in their faces, higher tempo. Not all of it’s working but it’s a nice change. 

More like Josh Mc... McPele.

Do you like Abba?

McPake can't really complain there. That's a booking.

onsP5NR.jpg

Brainless booking for McPake there, no need.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Pretty sure Alloa will be feeling as much pressure from Hopkin's voice booming down on them as from the front 3 running at their defenders when they have the ball.

onsP5NR.jpg

Are we running out of steam after 35 minutes? Where's the pressing gone?

Do you like Abba?

We might want to try keeping the ball for 2 or 3 passes. We're just wasting possession.

onsP5NR.jpg

4 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Are we running out of steam after 35 minutes? Where's the pressing gone?

Hopefully it's just temporary tiredness towards the end of the half and we can start the second half in similar style to the first. Alloa defenders struggled badly with our press all game. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Cunt of a tackle there. In the 'orange card' territory.

onsP5NR.jpg

God, that fucking Cliff Richard crowdie.

Do you like Abba?

Very impressed with us so far. Would be much better with Strapp in for Muirhead however. 

McPake is a right good wee player though. Thought the defence has been pretty solid too, and a special shoutout to Jabobs who has broke up play well.

Just worried that McAdams hasn't been tested since the first game, suppose it's a positive though, right?