Confused - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Confused

sTONed

http://www.tontastic.com/2000-04-22-League...rk/dscn1099.jpg

IN that picture r those people standing in the car park or r they right up against the fence ? unsure.gif

u may want to put this in general nonsense nacho i wasnt sure if i should put it there but move it if u dont think its really morton chatter

wondering this because to me they look right up against the fence and i cant remember actually being able to get there

im wondering if my eyes need tested laugh.gif laugh.gif

2006 - 2007 = Greenock Morton F.C. (1st Division Champions once again)

Who the hell is that guy, Pete Townsend!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

2nd Last home game of the 1999/2000 season - Relegated by this point in time - (I was standing further along the car park - nearer the stairs)

If im not mistaken Peden took over in the summer and plumbed new depths.

Anyone got the address of Andy's old site pre-Mortonunofficial.net?

IPB Image

The date is on the pic location. Organised boycotting, yes.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

Noticing that a few people on this thread don't really know about the Hugh Scott era has got me wondering. Since Douglas Rae has taken over it seems to me that Morton have got a whole new generation of fans. Although attendances are similar to what they were before Scott's time it seems to me that a lot of Morton supporters pre Scott have never returned but their place has been filled by new fans.

Have to disagree with the crowds being pretty much the same b4 Scott was the chairman.

I have often said to my dad that DDFR has put his money were his mouth is and the fans have seen this and that is the reason we have a bigger home attendance each week. He has backed the club to the hilt aswell as saving it so the fans are repaying him by turning out in force every week.

I remember when we had a decent team in the 1st div and we never got the size of home support that we get now although..... this may be down to the previous chairman john wilson not giveing the correct attendance for games to save on paying extra in taxes

But just wait till we gett to the first with teams bringing a bigger traveling support than wat we are seeing now.

Cappielow will be jumping

biggrin.gif

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Live Sports - MyP2P

Check the Forum for Baseball Listings as MLB is no longer aloud on Sopcast

But just wait till we gett to the first with teams bringing a bigger traveling support than wat we are seeing now.

16045[/snapback]

Unless it's Ross County, Clyde, St. Johnstone, Livingston, Hamilton, QoS, Stranraer, Brechin or Gretna.

Ain't gonna be that different - I can see DDFR holding off building a roof for the WDE until we reach the "expensive pee el".

AT

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

great post floydpink ! And as for the guy up the tree I think harry Corbetts hand is ....well i'll leave it to your imagination .

Ayrshire Ton has a point , not many of the current 1st Division has a decent away support , and while we are on the subject of the wee dublin end , that should be for Ton fans , rather than ootsiders! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

SNP - STRONGER FOR SCOTLAND

this may be down to the previous chairman john wilson not giveing the correct attendance for games to save on paying extra in taxes

biggrin.gif

16045[/snapback]

Are you suggesting Mr Wilson was a crook? smile.gif

Never! rolleyes.gif

Apart from the 5,000 fans that disappeared off the Motherwell replay in '91. mad.gif

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Apart from the 5,000 fans that disappeared off the Motherwell replay in '91.  mad.gif

16351[/snapback]

As the Tele put it - "The official attendance was around 7000. Given that Cappielow can hold nearly 14000, one wonders where the other 7000 would have stood had they turned up?"

laugh.gif laugh.gif

AT

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived