Why Did We Lose So Many Goals Last Season - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Why Did We Lose So Many Goals Last Season

Tonsilitis

I was going to make a comment but your reply is so laughable it really doesn't warrant one. :rolleyes:

Well, don't ask a question in future if you don't want to be told the answer.

I'm fairly sure that these kids are being taught a hell of a lot in training on a daily basis. I'm sure the 10/15 minutes half time run- around won't exactly be career damaging.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fairly sure that these kids are being taught a hell of a lot in training on a daily basis. I'm sure the 10/15 minutes half time run- around won't exactly be career damaging.

I'm sure the point being made was more about team spirit, camaraderie compared to them and us, call it what you will.

You really don't have a clue what my point is, do you? :lol:

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

I'm sure the point being made was more about team spirit, camaraderie compared to them and us, call it what you will.

I wouldn't read much (or anything, in fact) into half time. More important is what happens in training and during games.

This.

LT's point is completely trivial and reeks of absolute boredom.

You may be right on that one. :rolleyes:

However, I still thought it was a strange sight to see on Saturday. I presume that at the pre-game meal the 3 development boys had their own wee table in the corner, just like you do at Christmas with the weans. :blink:

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Agree the depth of the squad isn't great. The young players who are untried at this level will, IMO, remain untried as long as Moore is manager. For some reason he will only play them as a last resort. If you take your example of left back on Saturday, this was the perfect opportunity to stick in the left back from the development squad, but no, Moore continues with playing players out of position. (although I think Peciar has played there before).

Perhaps a better example would be if Imrie was injured, you can guarantee that Moore will adjust the team and play someone like McKee in Imrie's position instead of putting in a direct replacement like McNeil.

Surely playing players out of position can put extra pressure on them which could affect their confidence once they return to their normal position.

A bit off topic. Did anyone notice the subs at half time on Saturday. The first team boys in their wee group, leaving the 3 development boys on their own. Bad bad show from so called more experienced players.

Maybe the left back from the development squad isn't quite ready yet? If any of the players were as good as being made out they'd be banging on the first team door already. Why do people suddenly think we'll have a glut of young players to pick from overnight?

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Maybe the left back from the development squad isn't quite ready yet? If any of the players were as good as being made out they'd be banging on the first team door already. Why do people suddenly think we'll have a glut of young players to pick from overnight?

The left back was an example as you well know. How do you know they are not banging on the 1st team door?

Please provide evidence.

Perhaps a better example would be if Imrie was injured, you can guarantee that Moore will adjust the team and play someone like McKee in Imrie's position instead of putting in a direct replacement like McNeil.

Surely playing players out of position can put extra pressure on them which could affect their confidence once they return to their normal position.

So then why would you play David McNeill at right wing?

TTG JIM!!!

So then why would you play David McNeill at right wing?

TBH I don't know who plays right wing for the reserves, I just picked a name as an example. :rolleyes:

I know a few lads playing pro-youth for other teams and the feedback is not suggesting we have too many at Morton ready to step-up to the first team. That is not a criticism of the Morton youngsters more a reflection on the infancy of the Morton set-up and the reality that more often than not the 'best' kids in our backyard are mopped up by the OF. Experience at Morton in the short term suggests more chance of a 'discarded' OF youngster making a break through (Tidser, Millar, Campbell etc).

Having spoken with Warren Hawke in depth, i undestand that there are only really maybe 2 or 3 (maximum) that will be ready to push for the first team. The rest are as named- a development squad, training full time and preparing for the future.

If i'm wrong, please feel free to point it out to me. That's just what i gathered from the conversation.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

TBH I don't know who plays right wing for the reserves, I just picked a name as an example. :rolleyes:

So you have the knowledge to debate the youth development system and moan about the lack of development squad involvement without, it seems, actually knowing the first thing about the players within the youth system?

Logical.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

There are 2 or 3 ready physically, and maybe 1 with a few tweaks ready mentally, but it all depends on if the manager wants to pick them. Over the last few weeks the manager has been giving the young lads and overall view of a match day so that they can get used to it...

Archived