Gigs In 2013 - Page 8 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Gigs In 2013

cmdc

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
So, what were your favourite gigs in 2013? 

Here's a review of my top 10 gigs of this year....

1. !!! (Chk Chk Chk). Just a brilliant evening, great fun. Put seeing them on your Bucket List now. 9.5/10

2. The Airborne Toxic Event. It was the last gig of their European tour so they they really let their hair down. 9/10

3. Thomas Dybdahl. The Norwegian crooner writes great songs, plays a mean guitar, and has a superb voice. What's not to like? 8.5/10

4. La Femme. They were actually supporting CHVRCHES but blew the audience way, myself included, and stole the show! Magnifique! 8/10

5. Glasvegas. I'm not their biggest fan, but they are great live, and had a great rapport with the audience. Funniest moment was James Allen declaring to the audience, 'I've got a cold, so I'm getting my excuses in early, and by the way..... NAE F**KIN' REFUNDS!' Ha! 7.5/10

6. Lucy Rose. A very talented young lady! 7/10

7. CHVRCHES. Very polished and professional, but for me they lacked charisma. It was an almost robotic performance, I got the impression they were just going through the motions. The only time they tried to engage with the audience was to slag off Tennant's lager, ha! 6.5/10

8. The Love Compartment. I know the words 'Belgian Indie Band' doesn't set the heart racing with excitement, but they're actually really good! The singer has a great voice, and the guitarist is my daughter's guitar teacher.  :) 6.5/10

9. The Drowning Men. Decent enough night. 6/10

10. Pale Grey. Better than staying in and watching Corrie. 6/10

And a special mention for...

Jules Holland. Don't, just don't. Only two things stopped it from getting 0/10 was Ska King Rico Rodreguez singing 'Pretend' and a genuinely stunning 5 minute Gilson Lavis drum solo. 2/10

Archived