Yobs Going Loco In London - Page 4 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Yobs Going Loco In London

Flyerton

Reckon Trumpton will be next.....

(Pat Nevins favourite band)

As long as that bandstand doesn't go up( don't want folk thinking I am an arachist from Chigley) , or we'll have to get the troops from Pippin fort to don the riot gear.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And why do they have no fear? Because they have nothing to lose, they have no stake in society, no prospects for the future.

What would you suggest , There are jobs out there .. The problem is people think they are better than some of the available jobs .

To get a stake in something you have to earn it , These people have a choice to make something for themselves or go down the wrong path .. They complain about not having a stake in society and nothing to lose .. Then get out there and earn something .. Get a job , get into education ..

Too many work shy people in this country , They then complain about polish etc taking jobs .. I used to advertise positions . Cleaners / Glass Collectors / KP positions and other low skill positions. 95% of applicants would be from people born outside the UK .. I had about 5 or 6 Polish staff and I have never met a group of people with the work ethic they had . The standards they put on EVERY task no matter how small was excellent .

I see interviews on TV and read articles and people say they wouldnt work in Mcdonalds or similar positions then complain when they get there benefits cut ..

The best one I had was when interviewing someone I asked what made you apply for this position and he replied "The Job Centre made Me" . Thats what you are up against with a section of society

yes_to_a_just_scotland_cover.jpg?itok=zU

What would you suggest , There are jobs out there .. The problem is people think they are better than some of the available jobs .

There are nowhere near as many vacancies as there are jobseekers. Many vacancies require levels of education and skills that people don't have or don't have the hope to learn.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

There are nowhere near as many vacancies as there are jobseekers. Many vacancies require levels of education and skills that people don't have or don't have the hope to learn.

Yeah I agree that there are many vacancies that anyone cant do but for example

Outbound Telesales Advisor

Leaflet Distributor

TSC Greenock

Sales Position

Night Porter

Bar Job

T Mobile

Thats just one page on Gumtree .. I dont for one min think its easy to find a job but there are positions out there if you look ..

I agree that hope is a massive factor but at the end of the day sometimes you just got to get on with it ,

yes_to_a_just_scotland_cover.jpg?itok=zU

So how do you explain why thousands of polish, lithuanian and various other nationalities manage to travel across europe & get jobs, yet many "brits" wont travel 10 miles to get one ?

The future just ain't what it used to be

I said justice is never seen to be done.

What lifestyle choice did Stephen Lawrence, Ian Tomlinson and Jean Charles de Menezes all do to deserve their abysmal treatment by the Met? Go on...

That's an entirely irrelevant question. Next.

Why should we take the shackles off a police force that has been judged to be institutionally racist, (Lawrence murder) dishonest with the facts (Menezes, Tomlinson) and in cahoots with criminal activity and blackmail (NOTW)?

Respect is earned not demanded in any adult relationship and the Metropolitan Police currently deserve none.

Punishments do not work as a deterrent. You only need to look at the US system which allows ridiculous 'three strike' rules and the death penalty to continue. The US has by far the largest share of global prisoners.

Was going to write a long-winded post, but no need...this is spot on.

Added to that - by all accounts the police ignored or failed to take seriously warnings that protests could turn nasty when they failed to communicate with the protesters. That strikes at an important point here: the police have lost - through incidents of their own making, like those mentioned above - the respect of the communities in which they operate.

If Theresa May had balls (I know, I know...) she'd be calling for the police to be held accountable at the same time as promising swift justice against the rioters.

I don't know what all the fuss is about because our Home Secretary Theresa may said that this would never happen...CLICKY FOR THERESA MAY.

Oddly heard a couple mutters on twitter hinting that the police may be being more 'lenient' than usual as if to almost highlight the problems of budget cuts...they wouldn't do that now would they? :blush:

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Some interesting stuff on here which is unusual.

There is no denying that government cuts is one of many contributing factors. Youth centres and offender rehab programmed across London have been slashed and closed down as a direct result of government cuts. I'm not saying it's the primary cause of the troubles but it is undeniably a contributing factor.

Another factor is that the looters have no respect for their community. If this were truly a protest against the establishment, why don't they march on Knightsbridge and loot and burn around Harrodsburg and the billionaires' mansions or target police stations or government buildings in Whitehall? If they did that maybe folk would listen but instead they ransack ordinary people's livelihoods and possessions in their own community.

The other thing that strikes me is that the failure of the police to act swiftly and effectively has only served to alienate them from the ordinary folk who looked to them for protection. There are numerous stories of people seeing the police stand back as the thugs set fire to people's homes and ransack businesses.

Education and lack of hope and opportunity also play a huge part in the disaffected youth culture.

I saw Theresa May on the telly last night and listening to her warble on just confirmed how far out of touch our millionaire government really are. That said though anything that inconveniences Boris & Cameron and screws up their holiday must be a good thing?

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

That will be the education that most of these lowlifes lack because they couldn't be bothered either attending school or doing any studying whatsoever while they were there. They may not all be Einsteins but the percentage of our population that chooses not to take advantage of the free education system that is provided for all, but prefers to carve out a career in benefit receipt, is appalling. Oh hang on though, that's their "right", isn't it? The rest of us have to create the wealth to fund their parasitical lifestyles while those do do really deserve our help and support, the disabled and the genuinely sick, don't get adequate amounts to live a decent life because the benefits industry and abominations like Trident and Iraq and Afghanistan and massive bonuses to financial shysters suck the lifeblood out of the economy.

The older I get, the more I wish I'd emigrated when I was younger.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

The thing that has astonished me most about this whole sorry episode is that the authorities haven't been in touch with some of the posters above to sit on the COBRA committee. It's pretty obvious that politicians, the police, economists and social theorists are clueless and a bunch of racist, hateful, borderline alcoholics know better.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

I don't know what all the fuss is about because our Home Secretary Theresa May

* Daughter of the Rev. Hubert Brasier

* Born in Eastbourne in 1956

* Has an honours degree in Geography from St Hugh's College at Oxford University

* Before she became an MP in 1997, she had a background in banking and local government

Some interesting comments on here, and a few from beermonkey as well..... Vikington is not suggesting anarchy, he just likes highlighting that all the ingredients are there for it to happen.

A couple of quick observations from a Londoner (sort of). These problems have been building for years, all parties have been notorious for accepting an underclass and not trying to tackle the underlying problems. The Met and various community leaders have been expressing their concerns for months. Unfortunately, the shooting in Tottenham gave a vent for the anger.

Most of it is criminality driven by people who have been marginalised. Unless this is addressed it will get worse. We learned nothing from what happened in France a few years ago. Big cities are not like small towns, and please don't take that as a dig. I live in one of the OK bits of Lewisham, but there are real trouble spots all within walking distance. Lewisham has a population of just over 250k, which would make it larger than Scotland's third city. And it doesn't cover half the area that Aberdeen does.

Dougie makes a good point about comparing it to Belfast. I think we'll get water cannon here today, plus the army may get deployed. The difference in Belfast is that it easier to contain as people tend to riot on their estates - as opposed to tearing up the high street.

And Alibi - we all feel like that....

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

I think we'll get water cannon here today, plus the army may get deployed. The difference in Belfast is that it easier to contain as people tend to riot on their estates - as opposed to tearing up the high street.

They will have to ship them in from Northern Ireland or fly them in on a large RAF transport plane. Theresa May on the TV saying they are unlikely to go down that route, same with getting the Army in.

And one last thing. This is also partly a result of living in an age where your worth is measured in terms of what you possess, not what you are. Another sad reflection on today's culture.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Im not liking the fact it has now changed from London Riot to UK riot, has it spread to another country other than England or are they being too generalistic in their headline? Do people think this will spread to Scotland?

One point to mention is that they said that, while water cannon is not seen as an option, there is zero water cannons in mainland Britain anyway and taking them from N Ireland is not a viable one

Time to get tough, will anyone really be up in arms this time if one of the little scrotes is smacked about with a police baton

Im not liking the fact it has now changed from London Riot to UK riot, has it spread to another country other than England or are they being too generalistic in their headline? Do people think this will spread to Scotland?

One point to mention is that they said that, while water cannon is not seen as an option, there is zero water cannons in mainland Britain anyway and taking them from N Ireland is not a viable one

Time to get tough, will anyone really be up in arms this time if one of the little scrotes is smacked about with a police baton

Of course they will, we can't allow that to happen, not in a civilised society. <_>

The future just ain't what it used to be

When I saw it last night on the TV it reminded me of the episode of Only Fools and Horses when both sides are rioting and you then hear the car horn and its Del Boy and the fighting stops. The Reliant then drives down the road as they talk to both sides asking how their goods are. Van leaves and fighting resumes.

WHEREVER IT TAKES US- WHATEVER IT TAKES

Archived