Greenock & Inverclyde - Page 8 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Greenock & Inverclyde

Flyerton

How will you vote?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. You decide

• Scottish Labour Party
    • SNP
    • Other

I don't actually understand what you're doing at the election Chris. Are you standing at the election? Or are you an agitator chucking brick bats in from the sides? I know you said you were involved with Pig Society? What exactly is it you are up to? Just to add, I don't live in Inverclyde so I can't vote for you but if I could, I would!! :lol:

I find the success of The Best Party in Iceland really inspiring. I love the ridiculous nature of it all and no matter how ridiculous they get they are almost always usurped by the 'real' politicians. I love that their '10 point programme' has 13 points and that they call for 'clearer transparency'. I think there is a real demand for 'anti-politics' in this country and I would like to work with like minded people. I'm sure there are millions of us out there. Lions led by donkeys.

Mark Steel said in his excellent book about The French Revolution that during an election campaign you could line up a load of people and ask them who should rule us. Some would say Labour, some would say Tories, some would say The Royal Family, some would say the army but not one of them would say 'why can't we do it?'

More on the Icelandic Best Party....

The Pig Society is an ordinary mans response to the Big Society.

The aim is that we acknowledge and revel in the absurdity of politics or to be more precise career politicians.

So I am trying to get people to react in the opposite fashion by saying we should reduce our expectations of our elected representatives.

Every MP should be supplied with a moat with ducks on it so we have transparency, all political intern must be related to an MP as this is the only way we can ensure the same standards will be applied.

There is a raft of other measures which promotes failure as being the best option

I am revamping the manifesto as I want to be able to fit it onto an A4 by making it compulsory all political documents must be in small print.

So by getting people to believe their actions of voting for the status quo they are infact members of the Pig Society where greed is good but dodgy expenses claims are better. i am trying to get people to think about their vote.

Thanks for giving me the heads up on the Iceland thing will look into that with some interest, you should look at a guy called Richard Layzell who spoke at the Friday Event recently.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a TV debate (no, really!) with the four 'main' candidates on Politics Now, 10:35 tonight with Union Ponsonby.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

There is a TV debate (no, really!) with the four 'main' candidates on Politics Now, 10:35 tonight with Union Ponsonby.

And cringeworthy it was too.

McKenzie looked and acted like the Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz...before he visited the Wizard.

McLaughlin was one of these folk you just wanted to haud her wheesht for 5 mins. Likes the sound of her own voice.

Wilson was a blustering and arogant buffoon.

Bridger the wee nerdy student lass would not have looked out of place on the film Airplane, you know, when everyone takes a turn to give her a slap in the chops. At least the rest looked like they may have been dreaming of such, especially when she told McKenzie off. Get a 20 year olds life hen ffs!!!

The UKIP guy, was well a complete dunderheid in his 10 seconds of fame.

For the very first time in my life I am seriously thinking about either not voting or spoiling my paper as not one of them are fit to represent this area in Westminster.

It was the most embarrassing political TV debate I have ever seen. :(

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

McKenzie looked and acted like the Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz...before he visited the Wizard.

McLaughlin was one of these folk you just wanted to haud her wheesht for 5 mins. Likes the sound of her own voice.

Bridger the wee nerdy student lass would not have looked out of place on the film Airplane, you know, when everyone takes a turn to give her a slap in the chops. At least the rest looked like they may have been dreaming of such, especially when she told McKenzie off. Get a 20 year olds life hen ffs!!!

For the very first time in my life I am seriously thinking about either not voting or spoiling my paper as not one of them are fit to represent this area in Westminster.

I told you don't spoil your ballot paper just put down I support the Pig Society !!!

If you thought last nights debate was bad I watched the Daily Politics show on BBC2 and they had a visit to the constituency.

Oh Feck !! Only McKenzie recognised James Watt from the proposed new £50 note.

McLaughlin Is it my Granda ? but eventually got it

Wilson Adam Smith but got it

Bridger an absolute vaccum !! The interviewer gave a Big clue" thats a steam engine " her reply I should have paid more attention in science ??

Then asked if they had 50 million quid what would they do with it ? To me they all failed they said jobs except the young lassie who said a council tax rebate ??

If I was running as a candidate and that question was asked I would divide the money out amongst the electorate and create a haven for near millionaires. Well once I had taken my expenses obviously got to get on the Westminster gravy train.

If you thought last nights debate was bad I watched the Daily Politics show on BBC2 and they had a visit to the constituency.

Oh Feck !! Only McKenzie recognised James Watt from the proposed new £50 note.

McLaughlin Is it my Granda ? but eventually got it

Wilson Adam Smith but got it

Bridger an absolute vaccum !! The interviewer gave a Big clue" thats a steam engine " her reply I should have paid more attention in science ??

Then asked if they had 50 million quid what would they do with it ? To me they all failed they said jobs except the young lassie who said a council tax rebate ??

If I was running as a candidate and that question was asked I would divide the money out amongst the electorate and create a haven for near millionaires. Well once I had taken my expenses obviously got to get on the Westminster gravy train.

I thought that was about the highlight of the whole thing to be honest, McKenzie came across as a patronising, vacuous tosser and Bridger was right to tell him to shut it. Her answer too was a good one, but unfortunately for her that was about it. I kinda feel sorry for her, she's obviously a bright enough girl whose enthusiasm has seen her landed with an utterly thankless task that probably no other Lib Dem would have touched with a barge pole. I'd guess that this is her price for a better gig in the future. I noted too that her little pre-filmed spiel was all about the other parties and nothing to do with what she would do personally. She's an almost entirely unelectable candidate, but not as much as McKenzie - it's hard to see how any person in the right mind would want to vote for such a smarmy tosser as him or his party. Even traditional Labour voters should be spoiling their papers instead of encouraging his type.

Wilson seemed to be similar to most of the Tories I've seen on TV lately - comes across reasonably well and balanced to start with, but the mask slips and they show themselves up for what they really are before long. A choice quote was that along with Churchill, Thatcher is the greatest British leader of the last century; even if he does believe that, it's an incredible thing to say when you are trying to win the votes of people from Inverclyde. The most telling thing though, in my opinion, was his stuttering over the question about female pensions before admitting that he'd have voted the motion through "because he's a Conservative MP." For me, that's exactly why a vote for any of the "London" parties is a complete waste of time - it's all about the party line, nothing about principles or what's best for the people they represent. There's a ridiculous argument being trotted out about how one more SNP MP will mean one less Labour one...are we expecting another 100 or so by-elections in the next couple of years or something? I'd rather have an MP who doesn't have to worry about their parties standing in Westminster and can argue the toss without being concerned about the effect on English votes etc, so even if Anne McLaughlin does come across as a faintly irritating type who you'd want to slap if she was sitting across from you on a bus nattering away, it's hard to look past a vote for the SNP on that basis alone.

AWMSC

Anyone hear the radio debate! Ukip candidate used the actual phrase 'bring back the birch"

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

And Robert Moran, he was consistently heckling and at ine stage shouted 'I'm an unemployed steel worker' hmm he does get paid 18 grand to be a labour councillor

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

Touzou. I agree Sir. I feel as if there has been too much focus on criticising what has happened in Scotland and Inverclyde and no focus on being a MP. Westminster is irelevant to many people in Scotland but to focus on education and regneration and crime which are all Scottish issues.

WHEREVER IT TAKES US- WHATEVER IT TAKES

_45846448_bank-note.jpg

Watched a piece on the news yesterday when the candidates were asked who the person was on the new £50 note above

Unfortunately only only one got it at the first attempt - McKenzie :huh:

If you missed this Inverclyde by-election TV debate and would like to view it, you can see it on the link below after a few adverts:

http://player.stv.tv/programmes/politics-now/2011-06-23-2235

Not viewable outside the UK.

I wish it wasn't viewable outside of Inverclyde, even then I wish it wasn't screened in the first place. I started to watch it again and it just makes you cringe.

I'm spoiling my paper, I just cannot bring myself to vote for any of that mob. And it will be the first time I ever have done so in my life and to be honest in this case its the SNP who will lose my vote.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

I wish it wasn't viewable outside of Inverclyde, even then I wish it wasn't screened in the first place. I started to watch it again and it just makes you cringe.

I'm spoiling my paper, I just cannot bring myself to vote for any of that mob. And it will be the first time I ever have done so in my life and to be honest in this case its the SNP who will lose my vote.

Spoiling ballot papers is a good thing. The proper negative thing to do is not vote. By spoiling the paper you are sending a message to the self-serving tossers who run the country. Go you.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

was talking to a couple of the "nats" outside the shops today, they appear to think they are "ahead" at the moment.

JB.

Some very experienced campaigners saying that this doesn't have the feel of a losing campaign, Nicola sturgeon today saying the canvass returns are as good as hers were last month but very tigt from what I hear, I predict a few hundred either way

If the SNP get within 5000 of Labour in a Westminster election in Inverclyde it will still be an excellent result. If they win it will be mindblowing and confirmation that Labour are well past their sell by date.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived