Greenock & Inverclyde - Page 4 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Greenock & Inverclyde

Flyerton

How will you vote?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. You decide

• Scottish Labour Party
    • SNP
    • Other

Puzzles me that you lot seem to think 'English people' can't live in Greenock. We have loads of 'English people' where we live, I was talking to one just today. Odd that.

That was the abridged back and forth, I did actually say I know English people can live here to him :P

Ross - I do not, I don't think anyway

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Labour are simply a horrible, horrible party filled will horrible folk who still have not learned the lessons of the Holyrood elections and still spend most of their time ripping into the opposition instead of trying to convince folk what they could do for the electorate.

Forza’s assessment is spot on, they really couldn’t give a flying one about this area as long as they get their ‘shoe in’ from the mugs of Inverclyde, maybe they will get another bloody nose, would be a great day if they did.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Our last but one MP was English was he not?

Something about the Labour slogan doesnt sit comfortably. The Local candidate for Local People! He is LOCAL! Got that..LOCAL! Very League of gentleman!

I seem to have dodged them all!

Leaving my Mum's and a group of Labour canvassers walk past the house. Dont even crack a light in acknowledgement as they pass us. My mum says so they could here, "Ooooh, must be cos it's gonna be close then eh?" Ha! Goneyersel Joyce!!

Labour will win. I dont think he will be a good MP though. Talk of banging heads and jobs jobs jobs. Aye right ye are mate.

God man and Mahon weren't from here. I find that odd aswell, especially in Greenock, how many people have left for work, just like the SNP candidate did, she was born and raised here, simple as, the labour guy is total vapid, devoid of anything other than cheap digs, as pugs says, go on twitter and see the #inverClyde hashtag, some of the stuff labour councillors are saying is very low

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

God man and Mahon weren't from here. I find that odd aswell, especially in Greenock, how many people have left for work, just like the SNP candidate did, she was born and raised here, simple as, the labour guy is total vapid, devoid of anything other than cheap digs, as pugs says, go on twitter and see the #inverClyde hashtag, some of the stuff labour councillors are saying is very low

The Labour candidate was born here too, and he was the guy that was instrumental in getting all these new schools built in Inverclyde.

Unlike the SNP candidate, he still lives in Inverclyde too.

The Labour candidate was born here too, and he was the guy that was instrumental in getting all these new schools built in Inverclyde.Unlike the SNP candidate, he still lives in Inverclyde too.

Bollocks!

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

I see the Greenock Telegraph handing out its usual fair and balanced coverage of the campaign in Saturday's edition. Milliband was on the front page and the coverage on page 5 was 75% about labour and Miliband. The fact that Scotland's first minister was in Greenock on Saturday managed a wee article squeezed onto the bottom of page five.

PS Does anyone seriously think that Ed Miliband is prime minister material? If he's the best the labour party have got, they are in a bad way!

I see the Greenock Telegraph handing out its usual fair and balanced coverage of the campaign in Saturday's edition. Milliband was on the front page and the coverage on page 5 was 75% about labour and Miliband. The fact that Scotland's first minister was in Greenock on Saturday managed a wee article squeezed onto the bottom of page five.

PS Does anyone seriously think that Ed Miliband is prime minister material? If he's the best the labour party have got, they are in a bad way!

He comes across as a silver spoon fed gimp!

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

yeah that was shocking. labour, greenock telegraph , "trade unions" = cahoots and cronyism. i'm ****ing sick of it.

The Labour candidate was born here too, and he was the guy that was instrumental in getting all these new schools built in Inverclyde.

Not true flyer. The schools programme was put together by the previous lib dem council, with the exception of the extra £40m or so earmarked for the extra secondary school that labour decided was needed.

Does mr Mckenzie know where Gourock is? His lamp post signs seem to stop half way along eldon street.

Hey ho what do you know.

Mr McKenzie and his gaggle of students have just fired around our street knocking on doors, but, he seemed to pass me by, despite me being at the window.

Is there a blacklist?? Seemed one of the group was looking at a sheet and making a beeline for certain houses while ignoring others even existed.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Hey ho what do you know.

Mr McKenzie and his gaggle of students have just fired around our street knocking on doors, but, he seemed to pass me by, despite me being at the window.

Is there a blacklist?? Seemed one of the group was looking at a sheet and making a beeline for certain houses while ignoring others even existed.

The system seems to be that they send about 6 of them to knock doors and the unlucky person who opens their door first gets McKenzie up for a chat.

When I was taking pics of them the other day, there was a girl with a sheet of names and addresses telling each of them who stayed where so you might not be far off that you were ignored.

Rubbish, how do you explain all the schools he shut??

Why is that important, did you make this fuss in 01 when David cairns stood?

Hey ho what do you know.

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

Had one of his student age campaigners at our door last Saturday afternoon, told them I would most likely be voting someone other than Labour and that playing the Cairns card is not going to do them any favours with a lot of people. Councillor McIllwee I think it was at my neighbours doorstep over the wall seemed outraged and asked why I would even consider voting for anyone other than Labour. :rolleyes:

I said I'd keep an open mind, watch their campaign closely, but would not be forced in to telling them who I will be voting for! McKenzie is as useless as McNeil in many ways, nothing about their increasingly desperate campaign and his record as a councillor appeals to me at all. Hope it's game over for them in this area as far as Westminster goes come July 1st. McNeil has to go next time, although he may well retire!

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

The system seems to be that they send about 6 of them to knock doors and the unlucky person who opens their door first gets McKenzie up for a chat. When I was taking pics of them the other day, there was a girl with a sheet of names and addresses telling each of them who stayed where so you might not be far off that you were ignored.

:lol: I watched that, one of my poor neighbours across the road opened the door to one of his minions and up shot McKenzie like a whippet to get the handshake going.

Rhubarb you may be right we dougie and a gaggle of yuppies in my street passed me by

Both, yip, they appeared to have a sheet of designated doors, or maybe it was a sheet of doors to stay away from. They certainly seemed selective of what doors to knock and which to pass on by.

I gave them a hard time previously with their appalling record on serving Inverclyde so I must be a 'lost cause'.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Archived