Greenock & Inverclyde - Page 5 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Greenock & Inverclyde

Flyerton

How will you vote?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. You decide

• Scottish Labour Party
    • SNP
    • Other

There was a girl with a clipboard when they came to visit me also. I take it I'm blacklisted as well then..... ^_^

Looks like I'm on the SNP blacklist. Stewart McMillan and a couple of schoolkids just went by my door with their clipboard. They must all be working to the same strategy.

Aren't politicians getting younger these days!

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

labours postal ballot letter tells voters how to fill in a ballot paper - nice of the party to assume that they were not able to do that themselves....I paticularly like the line informing you that their candidates name will appear on the ballot form - well D'uh!

labouridiots.jpg

A press release confirming this will be released shortly...

I think I might come up to Greenock on Saturday and do a bit of campaigning.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

did douglas alexander actually just say people were angry at a scottish government? yeah they looked it last month!

even the tele with its bias shows the difference, the snp candidate talks at length about tourism, iain mckenzie saying "i will use the approach to running to get inverclyde working".

incisive

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

I know it's mainly all SNP supporters who post on here, but here's food for thought:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/politic...rayal-1.1081507

This 70% cut in Riverside Inverclyde's budget was sanctioned by the SNP.

I reckon this will be a close vote possibly within a few hundred votes between Labour and SNP or SNP and Labour.

I think the folk of Inverclyde should get together and create a dead heat between the candidates , which will mean another election and even more publicity for the area.

Folk should ask, not where the candidates come from but did local businesses get any benefits from the campaign , printers etc.

Got some propaganda through the door, no harm but the SNP candidate with ECK could be separated at birth.

McKenzie's stuff is just embarassing, he's the LOCAL candidate, what are we all closet racists ??

The others David Wilson a Conservative in the Port , I never thought the area was so diverse. He could walk on water and proclaim to be the second coming he ain't gonna get anywhere near it.

The schoolie from the Lib Dems , put her up as a token gesture as no other of their established figures would have the nerve to show up.

The area gets very little in the way of positives so getting the folk of the area to manipulate the politicians rather than the other way round would empower more into some blue sky thinking.

That'll be the Labour vote going up then............ <_>

Yes, maybe I'd better stay well clear... :)

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I'm no slim pickings myself but ffs could they not have given yon Anne McLaughlin one of Kelbies cast offs, never mind how she got it on, how the feck is she going to get it off again.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

I find the poll on this thread rather bizarre and if carried forward to the election would probably mean the biggest swing in electoral history.

So where are we with ten days to go?

Well we can forget Ukip.

We can probably forget the Libdems as well. A wee lassie getting a bit of experience.

The SNP's campaign just isn't hitting the mark at all and nobody can tell me why having one more nationalist at Westminster would be a good thing. And where is she? I spent a bit of time at a Holyrood lunch with her earlier this year and she really did fail to impress.

Iain McKenzie's campaign has been on the weak side and the 'local' argument is failing to wash but he'll ride along on the pretty decent work he has done as a councillor and should still manage to hold on to this traditionally safe labour seat with ease.

But the hardest fought campaign up to now must go to Big Wilson. He's parading about with Annabel in tow...taking the opportunity to forward the Tory thinking. He is actually a pretty popular guy who will take large chunks of the vote in Kilmacolm, Quarriers and Gourock not to mention the West end of Greenock.

So the updated prediction?

Labour to win easily.

But watch the Tories bite at the heels of the SNP.

I find the poll on this thread rather bizarre and if carried forward to the election would probably mean the biggest swing in electoral history.

So where are we with ten days to go?

Well we can forget Ukip.

We can probably forget the Libdems as well. A wee lassie getting a bit of experience.

The SNP's campaign just isn't hitting the mark at all and nobody can tell me why having one more nationalist at Westminster would be a good thing. And where is she? I spent a bit of time at a Holyrood lunch with her earlier this year and she really did fail to impress.

Iain McKenzie's campaign has been on the weak side and the 'local' argument is failing to wash but he'll ride along on the pretty decent work he has done as a councillor and should still manage to hold on to this traditionally safe labour seat with ease.

But the hardest fought campaign up to now must go to Big Wilson. He's parading about with Annabel in tow...taking the opportunity to forward the Tory thinking. He is actually a pretty popular guy who will take large chunks of the vote in Kilmacolm, Quarriers and Gourock not to mention the West end of Greenock.

So the updated prediction?

Labour to win easily.

It's not what I'm hearing... :rolleyes:

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

It is really hard to hit the mark when the local paper appears to be so pro-labour. If you have time listen to the two interviews on radio scotland's good morning Scotland where both candidates speak - this might help differentiate them for you. (16th June fast forward to 2.10 to hear labour, 17th June fast forward to 1.53 to listen to SNP).

I find politics at this juncture to be very interesting. The SNP have just won an election under a system that was specifically designed for them not to get a majority. If the unionists cannot gerry-mander the voting system do any of them really deserve another vote from you? Another SNP MP sends a clear signal that voters cannot be taken for granted in Scotland. The First Minister has probably achieved more in the last six weeks than 50 labour MPs representing Scotland did over their full term. Another SNP MP from Inverclyde adds to that weight and momentum...

Another KPI (key performance indicator) to look at is the tried and tested "how many likes do they have on facebook" - Labour 228 SNP 633.

It ain't really scientific but it is there for all to see....

Archived