Why Has The Tele Not Reported Duncan Mcneil's Comments? - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Why Has The Tele Not Reported Duncan Mcneil's Comments?

Colkitto

Seems the Tele are being selective in what it reports these days. If proof were ever needed to see what a Labour propaganda machine the Tele has turned into this is it.

McNeil shamefully politicised the deaths of the three young children in Edinburgh by claiming that a lack of action by the SNP over home-schooling may have contributed to the Riggi deaths by leaving the children vulnerable.

The comments by the MSP for Greenock and Inverclyde were described as unacceptable by a Scottish government spokesperson who went on to accuse Mr McNeil of trying to make political capital out of the tragedy.

The Labour MSP's comments also prompted a similar response from the home education organisation Schoolhouse who accused the MSP of trying to score cheap political points.

The Schoolhouse spokesperson said: “We find it deeply disturbing that Duncan McNeil has seen fit to use the deaths of three innocent children in Edinburgh last week to peddle vile personal prejudice and score cheap political points at the expense of a minority community of law abiding citizens.

Duncan McNeil should be ashamed of his comments and trying to make political gain out of such a tragedy, and the Tele should be ashamed of themselves for not reporting it.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was this not what McNeil said?

“Any inquiry should try to determine whether the home-schooling of the Riggi children led to any delays in the authorities picking up on the danger they were in.

“Whether it was a factor in this case or not, parents who educate their children in this way have to be accountable. Work has been carried out in England as part of the Badman review to tighten up home-schooling laws, and if there is a perception that the Scottish system is weaker than the English one then we must act.

“So I was disappointed by the complacent response from Schools Minister Keith Brown, when I raised concerns about home-schooling six months ago, and I would hope he would look again to see if we can make our system more robust.”

Never mind the Telegraph, his disgraceful comments were ignored completely by Reporting Scotland and swept under the carpet by the rest of the MSM.

The anti-SNP propaganda war has been stepped up greatly in the run up to next year's election. I suspect that the opinion poll that was published a day or so ago, showing a large Labour lead, was, how shall I put it, not totally accurate and intended to lead opinion rather than measure it.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Never mind the Telegraph, his disgraceful comments were ignored completely by Reporting Scotland and swept under the carpet by the rest of the MSM.

The anti-SNP propaganda war has been stepped up greatly in the run up to next year's election. I suspect that the opinion poll that was published a day or so ago, showing a large Labour lead, was, how shall I put it, not totally accurate and intended to lead opinion rather than measure it.

fair and balanced

the guy below loves the boaby.

he's a fukkin bellend nae doubt was all self congratulatory and aloof that he managed to bring those terrible murders into his political diatribe, her have a jaffa cake and roll over and let the tories tickle yer belly, thats about yer level.

Remember The Alamo --- MORTON 5 THE MIDDEN BUT 1

Can you show me the disgraceful comments. Because what has been printed is pretty fair and balanced. There might be more that scotsguy hasn't put up, but it would take a fair jump of rhetoric to go from what has been printed to what you're suggesting.

I'm moving back to an area with lots of "home-schooling" families, and they are nutters. Poor kids don't stand a chance.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Guest se65an

Its been ongoing for years, can't understand why most Scots can't see it for what it is.

Newsnet Scotland gives a far more balanced view of the news that the BBC or the likes of the Record, Herald or Scotsman. That's why Labour hate it.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I don't see anything wrong with what he said.

Me neither. When I think of point-scoring over deaths I think back to Iain Gray's comments regarding the death of Brandon Muir. But in this instance I don't think McNeil's done anything wrong, and I say that as someone who'll never vote for him.

EOho8Pw.png

Me neither. When I think of point-scoring over deaths I think back to Iain Gray's comments regarding the death of Brandon Muir. But in this instance I don't think McNeil's done anything wrong, and I say that as someone who'll never vote for him.

I agree, as someone who thinks McNeil's a complete and utter mentalist. I'd forgot about Gray's comments about Brandon Muir though, that was vile.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Newsnet Scotland gives a far more balanced view of the news that the BBC or the likes of the Record, Herald or Scotsman. That's why Labour hate it.

:lol:

Balanced. That wee most read banner on the right hand side of the page certainly comes across as balanced.

"Did Labour really win in Glasgow!"

"Precious few Heroes ; the case for Scottish Independence"

"Iain Gray under pressure"

Yir right, it's balanced if your a Nat.

If Wee Eck asked you and Col to jump from the roof at Holyrood you'd be like a pair of mad SNP Kamikaze's with a wee yellow headband with a dumplin emblem on it!

Balanced. That wee most read banner on the right hand side of the page certainly comes across as balanced.

"Did Labour really win in Glasgow!"

"Precious few Heroes ; the case for Scottish Independence"

"Iain Gray under pressure"

Yir right, it's balanced if your a Nat.

If Wee Eck asked you and Col to jump from the roof at Holyrood you'd be like a pair of mad SNP Kamikaze's with a wee yellow headband with a dumplin emblem on it!

Aye, just you bend over, Scotsguy, and let Ian Gray and £Scottish" Labour take you up the 4rse. Again. And Again. And again.

Sounds like a variation of Stockholm syndrome.

Archived