Ton V Airdire - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton V Airdire

Mr.Blue

A must win game for us.

Would like to see us line up in an attacking 4-3-3 formation. If Greacen is out it I reckon its time for McManus to get the boots back on as he played well alongside Dom last season.

Cuthbert

Reid Shimmin McManus Mckinlay

Masterton Jenkins Tidser

Russell Weatherson Simmonds

fingers crossed a win by the odd goal for the ton

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Airdrie are absolutely rotten, there's no way we won't win this.

Famous last words? :unsure:

"Only by understanding what a rebellion accomplishes can we see its limitations. A rebellion disrupts the society, but it does not provide what is necessary to establish a new social order." James and Grace Lee Boggs.

We're 4/5 for the win and it's 5/2 for the draw and an Airdrie win. Must be the first time in yonks the bookies have us down as favourites for a match!

A win will get some much needed confidence back and should Ayr lose we will also be back in 8th spot. Either way a win tonight before the Thistle match is a good platform.

As others have said, it's a must win. Lose this one and I don't think we would have the characters in the squad to bounce back from it, while at the same time the boost it would give Airdrie would be huge. I would suggest that if we lose this one we might even finish bottom, let alone 9th.

However, I don't expect us to lose. I would expect Grady to go back to 4-4-2 again after Saturday's stuffy performance while playing 5 across the middle, and with Airdrie expected to play one up top I would expect it to work out. It would require the midfield to play a high line and press the Airdrie midfield and defence, who have looked pretty decent at keeping the ball over the last season or so.; I would bring Finlayson back into the team personally as he brings width there that Masterton does not, and with the midfield expected to be crowded we will need that. Urge Kev and Jim to hug the touchlines and get early crosses into the box as often as possible, something Peter Weatherson should thrive on when, as expected, he returns to the starting 11.

In defence, I've seen it written that Greacen will be available for Wednesday then out again for Saturday, so he would come in for MacGregor, and if Shimmin makes it, we would be at full strength at the back. Not sure how McKinlay did at the weekend as I've not seen him in a Morton shirt yet, so there could be decisions to be made at full back.

Anyway, 2-0 predicted. Weatherson and McGuffie with the goals.

We're 4/5 for the win and it's 5/2 for the draw and an Airdrie win. Must be the first time in yonks the bookies have us down as favourites for a match!

A win will get some much needed confidence back and should Ayr lose we will also be back in 8th spot. Either way a win tonight before the Thistle match is a good platform.

The game's tomorrow mate, not tonight. Hope you can still make it! ;)

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

I expect a win also but mindful of the fact that they are battling away for survival. They drew the last two matches (Ayr and Dunfermline) and have previously drawn with ICT and beaten Dundee. So , capable of occasional shocks.

But not this time.

Also Maccaboy, is the game not on Wednesday ? (hope you can make it :lol: )

Show Racism the Red Card

I expect a win also but mindful of the fact that they are battling away for survival. They drew the last two matches (Ayr and Dunfermline) and have previously drawn with ICT and beaten Dundee. So , capable of occasional shocks.

But not this time.

Also Maccaboy, is the game not on Wednesday ? (hope you can make it :lol: )

The game is on WEDNESDAY as per the Greenock Morton Official Site!!!!

The game is on WEDNESDAY as per the Greenock Morton Official Site!!!!

Cheers. I was beginning to doubt my sanity. Personally I blame the drink-addled VikingTon who had us playing Partick on Thursday (or something like that)

Show Racism the Red Card

Drop Jenkins and don't try to accomodate 3 central midfielders in a 4 man midfield and we may sneak a 1-0 win. Otherwise 0-0 bore draw. Can't wait ..

I'm not MacFarlane's biggest fan but I don't get why he isn't playing especially now we know Paartalu's off at the end of the season. I'd like to see Macfarlane and Tidser in the middle. Finlayson and McAlister/McKinlay on the wings.

TTG JIM!!!

A must win game for us.

Would like to see us line up in an attacking 4-3-3 formation. If Greacen is out it I reckon its time for McManus to get the boots back on as he played well alongside Dom last season.

Cuthbert

Reid Shimmin McManus Mckinlay

Masterton Jenkins Tidser

Russell Weatherson Simmonds

fingers crossed a win by the odd goal for the ton

Is this Mckinlay guy any good?

Archived